Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Picks/New Hampshire/Sunday Afternoon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/picks-new-hampshire-sunday-afternoon-54411/)

Cowboy6622 09-20-2015 06:46 PM

Picks/New Hampshire/Sunday Afternoon

2 Attachment(s)
First off, congratulate JuniorCar Brent for winning Segment 3 with nearly 1,100 points! He ran off with it in the last few weeks with a win in that time period as well. It has been an amazing run for him since the summer warmed up.

Carl still leads the overall points, but by a very slim margin! 5 drivers are within 60 points of that lead, so it's going to be a good 9 race run for those guys!

On a personal note, as much as I trash talked this race last week, it did mean a lot to me to get a win at Chicagoland. The first time I ever watched a NASCAR race with my girlfriend, it was at Chicagoland for an Xfinity race where Chase Elliott won. A year earlier, I had ridden past this race track and got a picture of my '68 Torino in front of it. The proximity to the historic US 66 makes it a cool race track to me, despite the boredom of it being a 1.5 mile cookie cutter. I also rode past the track this past summer, and the Xfinity cars were running, but I ended up at the White Sox game instead. O'wells.

And even more personal than that, the sponsor of this race is now important to me. My mother ended up in the hospital for a week over Memorial Day weekend in 2014 with afibrulation. Shots did nothing, and her heartrate surged to 300 beats per minute at times. Her heart had to be stopped and restarted to be placed back into rhythym. To win the race means a lot, so I dedicate this win to my mother.

And as if that wasn't enough, this is my 3rd Cup win of hte year, 6 total across the series, and by far the most wins Iv'e had in a year! I've won 2 cup races in a year a couple of times, but never a 3rd win! And to top all of THAT off, it was the first time I won by picking 3 Fords. I picked up the new Ford Performance hat at Darlington (where I paid for it, trust me), and Ford Performance is what is going on to replace Ford Racing... something about it being more incorporative of all the street performance parts they also issue.

Attachment 22020

And I couldn't find a Miller High Life diecast at Darlington, but I did order one online... I wnated to wait and see if he won the race so I could get the race win version but it wasn't to be. It's a really cool car with the tires and all!

Attachment 22021

That brings us to New Hampshire, the track that replaced North Wilkesboro.... snore..

1) Brad Keselowski
2) Joey Logano
3) Kyle Larson... he's driven a Ford lately!

http://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/i...murray-ton.jpg

Blazed SS 09-21-2015 09:36 AM

02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS 09-21-2015 06:30 PM

dale jr
keselowski
Jimmie Johnson

SupplySgt 09-22-2015 05:30 PM

Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Dale Jr.

It was an afterthought to put Keselowski instead of Hamlin last week. Thought about changing back but didn't. Always trust your gut.

avendo 09-23-2015 05:08 PM

I will be going to NH race,live in mass..we have 2nd row seats by the flag stand..harvick is gonna be itching to get in....

STUMPMI 09-23-2015 05:50 PM

avendo 09-24-2015 04:51 AM

after he pushes JJ off the track...

carlm54stl 09-25-2015 04:46 PM

1. #4 Kevin Harvick
2. #2 Brad Keselowski
3. #11 Denny Hamlin

Leprechaun93 09-25-2015 05:19 PM

Jeff Gordon
Matt Kenseth
Dale Jr.

Cowboy6622 09-25-2015 07:06 PM

Mwr faced penalties after last week's race but this affects none of us.

This organization was built on cheating. They cheated their way into the chase a couple of years back most notably.

Nascar has 3 big rules. Don't build illegal engines, don't modify the fuel, don't mess with the tires.

They've had illegal engines, and notably had a substance in their fuel attempting to qualify for Daytona in 07.

They're on the way out. Why not if you're out of contention at homestead, just bring a few gallons of Clorox and bleach the tires really good do you can go down in history as the scam team that broke all 3 major rules?