NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Michigan/SundayAfternoon

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 PM

STILL have goosebumps from this race. Jr did it in michigan

Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
for me, post 10,000........
I was waiting for you to hit it. I noticed you were at 9999 for a little bit.congrats

Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I was waiting for you to hit it. I noticed you were at 9999 for a little bit.congrats

thanks, ima gonna need to take a break....... ima.....

Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Mis

ok this is my 3rd attempt at posting pics and a video of my trip to the track...

Unfortunately I cant seem to get the pics and videos to post...
I have a new Nokia 900 lumina Windows phone that uses Zune to do pics and videos....

Apparently, I cant figure it out. So the best i can do til i figure it out...
is fill you in on what was going on.

On Monday the mrs and i met a gentleman named John Slingerland. while I was caught driveing my Mobility scooter on the new pavement of the track.
Thought for sure we were going to get kicked not only out of MIS, but also the MIS campgrounds! Instead, He introduced him self and asked if we would like to get into the infield, which we replied yes we would. As we were rideing to the infield he explained that he was the transportation quardinator for a raceing team.

Then asked if we would like to head over to where the drivers RV's were.
Just then I noticed that his RV was next to dale jrs, tony stewarts Jimmy johnsons etc...

After the tour of his RV (Which cost 190,000), he asked where we were staying and what kind of RV we had. so as we were telling him, he replied you dont happen to be at the one that you enter the track from the tunnel..and the mrs replied, Yes we are. He said thats the best one in the area with all the amentities, electric, showers etc..I said yes that Graves Farms. Then he said here jump on and lets take a ride. So we jumped on his golf cart and headed that way...it was really tricked out black with true flames painted on it as well as chrome wheels etc...

We gave him the tour and expressed his family had 1 as nice as ours.
After tossing back a few he said he had to head back to his coach, that he had a few things to catch up on...Once we arrived back I casually asked, Hey would you care to have some supper with us? and he replied sure! (we were shocked) He said give me about 40 mins and I will be there...He arrived in a 1956 cherry Chevrolet Pick up...and grocerys..

Shish Kabobs and Filet Mignon! which was excellent! The mrs whipped it up in no time.

From everyday M-F John and a cpl team mates immediately after there day was done would come and party with us. On wednesday is when they explained about going in the pits on thursday during Testing. Unfortunately that didnt happen...John couldnt go into details as to whynot...So we were highly disappointed! But we did find out it was due to NASCAR and the contraversey over the tire situation. I dont know the details.

They once again returned to our camp on friday after practice.
It was nice that they returned after a disappointing thursday. and im sure they saw our disappointment. So they told us they had something for us to try to make up for it....

As you may or maynot know..Regan Smith # 78 won at Talladega in May of 2011.
As well as being the first driver to qualify at over 200 mph.
Yes, It was Regan Smiths #78 team! That we were partying with!
Regan Smith has yet to have a souvenier trailer....
However, They gave us Full Team Uniforms! For each of us! Hats, Shirts Etc...Naturally we were all shocked! Then asked when we would be at the track again. Unfortunately, we cant attend in August. Thats when the mrs and I are takeing our vacation...

So they asked if we'd be willing to come the following June race...and of course we said we would. They made specific instructions, To be sure we have our "TEAM" Uniforms with us... Because your going to need them!

Now im not sure what they have instore for us...But Im guessing it will have something to do with makeing up for our NON Pit experience....

In all the years and tracks I have been to, Nothing like this has ever happened to me or the mrs.
Before They left on friday night: John Slingerland gave me both his personal cell number as well as his business cell to get in touch with them when we return next June.

They didnt return on saturday and sunday im sure due to all the practice, qualifying,tire tests and race on sunday. But I did manage to give john a call to thank him for all the hospitality, As well to wishing him a Happy Fathers Day..On Sunday after the races ended...

But this is for sure the most memorable experience I have ever had !!!
we are truly looking forward to next junes race!:p

I once again apologize for not posting sooner, We got hammered sunday after Jrs win...were up way late and had to beat feet early on monday to get home...I think im finally "Sober".... LOL

Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man sounds like u had a great time at the track

Old 06-19-2012, 08:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Excellent! Not many opportunities like that come around. We once raced go-carts against Michael Waltrips team at some track around there when we went years back.