NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Michigan/SundayAfternoon

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MY PICKS #1 Jimmie Johnson #2 Hamlin #3 Kenseth

Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Do you think this car could be a Nationwide/Busch car? Interstate Batteries has sponsored the whole Gibbs organization for a long time.... back in the early 90s, even.

First time to my knowledge was Dale Jarrett in 1992....

Interstate Batteries stayed on that 18 car until I believe when Bobby Labonte left... then M&M's came in and sort of took it over.

its solid green not 2 tone like your pic for sure....but it is the same green...im going to have to take a pic of it...

Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I've pretty well mapped out in my head who I'm going to pick... not oging to say who though, but will say it MIGHT an all Chevy team like last week. I feel like that is a good way to go. I've got a couple of Fords and a Toyota I'm looking at too. I'm going to wait and watch some qualifying first

The road to my house is being repaved, and I ddidn't want to run my Torino tonight to the cruise in. A friend of mine let me drive his Chevrolet Nova to the show... man that was a car!! I got to drive a real car in that Chevrolet!!! That thing was awesome to drive... had its quirks like all old cars, but that's that. Maybe Chevrolet is the way I need to pick these things.

I'm also going to be at my brothers house during the race for Fathers Day... he's invited us all over. I don't know when I'l lget home to do the math on this one.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM

added another practice session for tomorrow night. changing the left side tire for the cup race.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM

5 Year Member

Thank you for pointing that out. This is going to be important. For one, if NASCAR doesn't allow engine swaps, there are going to be more miles on their engines than the builders were planning for, and the teams are already running lots of laps on their cars.

Also, it will be vital to see who can adapt their setups to the new tire compound and hold up over a long run, which I believe we will have lots of long runs making that most important.

I don't know if I will make picks before seeing how that test session shakes out.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Harvick
Edwards
Biffel

See if it works again

Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM

kyle busch

kevin harvick

jimmy johnson

Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Biffle
Kenseth
Harvick

Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 PM

5 Year Member

Two people I don't like to pick, but have to just because they're so fast right now...

1) Tony Stewart
2) Kevin Harvick
3) Jimmie Johnson

These are the same pics as zjerry... going to come down to our order.

I repainted the hood of the Torino this morning because it had a crack that I tried ot mickey mouse fix and it didn't work... welded the seam back together and repaitned that, along with the tops of hte fenders which had knicks in them from apparently my belt or something hitting it as I leaned over the car... quite embarassing.

But that, combined with the road being repaved yesterday means I have driven Chevrolets to two car shows this weekend.... drove my friends Nova last night while he drove their families other '50 Chevrolet that was just restored (and painted by me, btw.). Great car! Plus, I won yet another 50/50... I got to win another one of these races soon.... I'll take any of them, dangit I want to win a race!!!

Here I am at the cruise in .... beside 2 cars I painted, the '50 Chevrolet 4 door for a friend of mine, and my dads '68 Fairlane.

And June 17th is the 3 year anniversary of my court date.... I had a speed competition dropped, plead guilty to Careless and Reckless, and then got a Prayer for Judgment on the Careless and Reckless..... I got off really well for what I did. And the vehicle I commited such atrocious events in? A Monte Carlo....

I kind of want Biffle, but he had a bad run at Dover and was missing a cylinder at Pocono... I feel like they're experimenting with stuff for the Chase. They're either going to win the race or blow up trying. I think Kenseth may be doing the same thing, and Edwards just doens't have luck... heck he had fuel delivery issues in qualifying and will be playing catch up all race.

Changing the tire compound seems to have messed up Jr... he said "that ain't cool." I feel like the teams I posted ahve the most versatile set ups and fastest on teh new compoun,d plus they have the track position to win the race.

I see a lot of green flag racing in this thing... need to start up front and run there all day!!!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 06-17-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hamlin
Dale Jr
Kenseth

Quick Reply: Picks/Michigan/SundayAfternoon