Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Picks/Michigan/SundayAfternoon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/picks-michigan-sundayafternoon-37030/)

JuniorCar 06-12-2012 05:55 AM

Hamlin has probably had Interstate on the car several times in Nationwide

1. Dale Jr
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Kasey Kahne

STUMPMI 06-13-2012 08:21 AM

I think it is a nationwide car. Yes terday we met up with a gentleman who's in charge of a certain team that's going to allow us into the "cup garage" Thursday during testing. Since I'm not allowed at this moment to mention what team..but I can say it's a Chevrolet team :p. We hung out with him most of the day. He even came to our campsite and had dinner with us! He bought filet mignon. Along with some kabobs that we grilled to perfection. And of course I asked permission if pics were allowed and he said sure! No problem.;) So Thursdays going to be an awesome day! Today the teams start arriving so after breakfast. I'm heading back to the track and see what I can see. Will try to keep yall up to date!

Cowboy6622 06-13-2012 08:34 AM

NASCAR is not nearly as secretive about stuff as you would sometimes like to think they are. The thing is, if you look at those garages ,the cars are close together in open stalls. IT's really easy to slip over and sneak a peak at what is under anotehr guys car, waht the other guys suspension looks like, etc. They're very fan friendly. If they have something they want to hide, they will take it and go off into the hauler and shut the door to work on it and then bring it back out. Same way with the shops....

Plus, NASCAR puts them into such a box that there isn't really much you can see that would be very beneficial for anotehr team to know.... unless it's REALLY illegal.

Sometimes, Formual 1 guys have their own personal bay with admittance only for those on the team, they'll put up curtains to hide the car and their telemetry reports.... NASCAR isn't like that at all.

Glad you're getting to see around the shop!! That's going to be a really cool experience.

And by the way, "It's a Chevrolet team." only narrows it down by about half. That's like saying I'm dating someone and then say, "Oh, it's a woman." Well, that's about half the population. ;) (And I know that may sound mean, but I'm just being sarcastic/funny)

It's going to be a really cool thing for you... let us know what the chemistry and attitudes of the team is like when you're around!

02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS 06-13-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 467139)
I think it is a nationwide car. Yes terday we met up with a gentleman who's in charge of a certain team that's going to allow us into the "cup garage" Thursday during testing. Since I'm not allowed at this moment to mention what team..but I can say it's a Chevrolet team :p. We hung out with him most of the day. He even came to our campsite and had dinner with us! He bought filet mignon. Along with some kabobs that we grilled to perfection. And of course I asked permission if pics were allowed and he said sure! No problem.;) So Thursdays going to be an awesome day! Today the teams start arriving so after breakfast. I'm heading back to the track and see what I can see. Will try to keep yall up to date!

nice! when i went to Chicago last year i had hot pit passes the whole weekend, could pretty much go where ever i wanted to go. Hoping i get to go do the same thing if money allows it this September and maybe three times next year with both Kansas races and the Chicago race.

STUMPMI 06-14-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 467148)
NASCAR is not nearly as secretive about stuff as you would sometimes like to think they are. The thing is, if you look at those garages ,the cars are close together in open stalls. IT's really easy to slip over and sneak a peak at what is under anotehr guys car, waht the other guys suspension looks like, etc. They're very fan friendly. If they have something they want to hide, they will take it and go off into the hauler and shut the door to work on it and then bring it back out. Same way with the shops....

Plus, NASCAR puts them into such a box that there isn't really much you can see that would be very beneficial for anotehr team to know.... unless it's REALLY illegal.

Sometimes, Formual 1 guys have their own personal bay with admittance only for those on the team, they'll put up curtains to hide the car and their telemetry reports.... NASCAR isn't like that at all.

Glad you're getting to see around the shop!! That's going to be a really cool experience.

And by the way, "It's a Chevrolet team." only narrows it down by about half. That's like saying I'm dating someone and then say, "Oh, it's a woman." Well, that's about half the population. ;) (And I know that may sound mean, but I'm just being sarcastic/funny)

It's going to be a really cool thing for you... let us know what the chemistry and attitudes of the team is like when you're around!

The rule at MIS is that noone from the general public is ever allowed in the cup garage....

However, We will have to mind our P's and Q's. We CANNOT ask for auto raphs, or ask for a picture with any of the drivers...This would also get the team kicked out of the race and future races at MIS...after reaading his crdentials and the rules he has to follow (team)..Its a stick situation in that respect. But takeing photos in general is no problem...

Is what i guess i should have said....about pics etc...
So far its been a great experience...Once again the "fellas" came by our camp and hung out tossed back a few as well as gave us a few team items as a way of saying were glad we met and are happy to have you aboard! I guess they meant it like were temporarily part of there team support system...

Also tonight theres a general party in the pits that they invited us to participate in..(all the teams will be there)...

Were about to head out to the pits (garage) so thats all i have for now..But we were generally surprised they came to our campground to just "Hangout"!

Cowboy6622 06-14-2012 12:29 PM

I look forward to the pics and finding out what the "mystery team" is!

Cowboy6622 06-14-2012 02:15 PM

Dale Earnhardt Jr is undeniably fast... fast long run averages, fast short run times, consistent in both test sessions.... guy is doing great. I might accidently have to pick Dale Jr this week.... but can Steve Retarte really make the right call at the end of this race?

Also, Biffle, Stewart, Johnson, and MARK MARTIN were all really, really fast!

JuniorCar 06-14-2012 06:12 PM

Jr has got to be the odds on guy. That 55 is the team that always blow's it at race's end this year.

This mystery team thing is awesome - its all awesome. Racing, like this, is an awesome story. We probably aren't talking about Dale Jr and gang here, but racing is so cool for being so fan involved, and whoever we're talking about here is the best for getting the whole symbiant cycle thing here and "keeping it real". I can't wait for this story to unfold ,with pictures, cuz it sounds like the greatest Nascar story ever told on the MCF!

JuniorCar 06-14-2012 06:13 PM

But the Morgan Sheppard story is still 2nd best!

Cowboy6622 06-14-2012 08:06 PM

Morgan Shepheard still runs Nationwide, if Morgans bear takes a $hit on STUMPMI, then Brent's story gets knocked down to about 5th place, and it's still teh 2nd best story ever told.

But if Kevin Harvick took a **** on Brent..... well, taht would be even better than anything that ever happens to anyone.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...arvick****.jpg

Mark Martin screwed me out of that Kansas win.... I still think about that one every week.... especially when I'm looking at Toyotas.

No car has qualified at over 200 mph since the infamous pole time by Bill Elliott at Talladega in 1987 that was 212 mph. I might actually take the time to watch qualifying.... this is exciting!

Pemberton thinks the higher temperatures, more rubber laid down, and wider grove will slow the speeds. Uhm, doesn't more rubber = more grip? Wider grove means you can swing wider? I think speeds are going to stay the same or go up... higher temperatures are the only thing workign towards lower speeds here... but I'm not NASCAR, and I ohpe they know what they're doing.