NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Picks for Las Vegas

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Again another win for the Superman. \o/ Way to go Carl and this time you get the points lead. :-)

I just can't believe how negative Jr is in his interviews. Damn he placed 2nd and all he could do is whine about it.

I know... about JR... I was like "wah wah wah, little cry baby."

Old 03-02-2008, 07:30 PM

i dont know what to say lol,,,,,that was a nasty hit for gordon .....wow.....
my first diecast COT was Gordons NICORETTE ,and thats how he finishes with it lol........well it happens to everyone i guess ........

good win Carl #99

Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 PM

Hi `Duane,
My TV went out, but I listened to the Race on AM Radio.
It sure sounded like a super race.
I'm happy for Carl Edwards, but I sure wish he was driving a Chevy : )
He sure is a talented young driver.
`Jeff Gordon is having some bad luck, and it sounded that Dale `Jr got
excited & lite them `up and lost some position.
No, when I propose to my g/f it won't be on the hood/trunk of a Race Car : )
(I sure do miss her, this is the first time since we were 5 that we've been apart [X(]
15 years 2-gether)
I will watch the highlight 2morrow @ a friends.
Glad your favorite won....
Next week Atlanta : )
It's going to be a interesting season. It seems the car of now has
it's +'s & -'s.
What did you think of the Race ? Good / Bad/ `ok ?
Peace/Out/`Space

Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Yeah, I was a bit dissappointed with Jr.'s attitude but I guess when you're that close and don't close the deal, esp. after so long a drought, it's hard to take a second. Hell, I was happy with his finish - he FINISHED and it was a decent finish at that.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

you know.... scary thought... the COT is growing on me.... the looks, and i think tehse teams are figuring out how to drive it like hte old one

Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Yes, that is a scary thought. I still don't like it, I want the cars to all be different, besides they look like they have a plow on the front of them. But I guess I'll get used to it...about the time they change it to something else, LOL.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM

[align=center]
Edwards makes it 2 in a row
[/align][align=center][align=center]Written by Administrator & `Space 4 Duane'sMCF Post Thread : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mar 02, 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Congratulation `Carl[/align]
[:-]
[align=center]The back flippin' Carl Edwards grabs his second win in a row, 9th career win, in this caution filled race in Las Vegas. Carl also leads the Sprint Cup Series points standings for the first time in his career. Here's how the top 10 looks.[/align][align=center]1 Carl Edwards[/align][align=center]2 Dale Earnhardt Jr. came up just short[X(][/align][align=center](That's alright `jr, U will get'em next week: )[/align][align=center]3 Greg Biffle[/align][align=center]4 Kevin Harvick[/align][align=center]5 Jeff Burton[/align][align=center]6 Kasey Kahne while battling the flu[:'(][/align][align=center]7 David Ragan great finish[/align][align=center]8 Travis Kvapil driving an unsponsored car[/align][align=center]9 Denny Hamlin[/align][align=center]10 Mark Martin[&:]Ok `Mark : )[/align][align=center]OTHER STORIES ON THE DAY[/align][align=center]-A record 11 cautions slowed this race.[/align][align=center]-Jimmie Johnson[:@] couldn't make it 4 wins in a row in Vegas, as they just couldn't get the 48 machine to handle right. He finished 29th, 2 laps down[/align][align=center]-Tony Stewart blew a tire, wrecked hard in the wall, and finished 43rd. He is okay, but initially had to be helped out of his #20[/align][align=center]-Open wheel drivers had a rough day, with Juan Pablo Montoya, Patrick Carpentier, and Sam Hornish Jr. all found the wall(They sure did[/align][align=center]have a bad day : ( Not EZ drivin NASCAR's : )[/align][align=center]-Near the finish of the race, Jeff Gordon tapped the 17 of Matt Kenseth and both went for a wild ride. Kenseth continued on, Gordon pounded the inside wall where there is no SAFER barrier. Jeff said after being released from the infield care center "That was the hardest I've ever hit" Jeff is okay.I'm gona `cry [X(][/align][align=center]Glad he's `ok[/align]

[align=center]Last Updated ( Mar 02, 2008 at 06:44 PM ) [/align][/align]

Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 AM

[align=center]Mar 03,08 Update[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]Update: The 99 car had an 'issue' during post race inspection, but DID NOT fail the inspection. NASCAR's Ramsey Poston said "We had an issue in post-race inspection with the 99. The lid on the oil reservoir encasement, or the oil tank box, was off, so we're going to take the 99 back to the Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., and if there are any actions that need to be taken, those will be taken and announced next week."[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][align=center]Edwards makes it 2 in a row [/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
The back flippin' Carl Edwards grabs his second win in a row, 9th career win, in this caution filled race in Las Vegas. Carl also leads the Sprint Cup Series points standings for the first time in his career. Here's how the top 10 looks.
Dale `Jr wanted 2 win so BAD. I think his
emotions caught up 2 him. He did Good with a
2nd Place Finish...He's doing good this year.
Watch Out `J.R.....Can he beat SuperMan Carl ?
Time will reveal the answer : )
[/align]