NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Kentucky/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Im hoping they drop Kentucky soon, i cant see attendance being very high for the race & to add to an already boring race u got a boring TNT covering it

Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

TNT... I need to come up with some for that to stand for. I guess TNT is good enough... it blows up everything it does, and not in a good way. These people miss stuff that is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!! For purists like me, that is just terrible..... I was 12 at the time, but dang I miss Benny Parsons, Bob Jenkins in the booth, and Dr. Jerry Punch on pit road covering these things on ESPN in the 90s.

Tongiht on RaceHub, they asked Matt Kenseth about this thing, and he said that... "I invisioned myself retiring from Roush-Fenway" and that "It was a hard conversation with Jack Roush." And they speculate like we do... Roush had to get a car for Stenhouse or that kid was gone, and Kenseth is 40 years old... they also talked to Denny Hamlin about having Kenseth for a teammate and he said he would savor that opportunity to have him over at JGR. Hints are that this is a signed deal right now. And Hamlin also hinted it would be too much at JGR to take on a 4th team.

But wha'ts crazy too is how many teams are looking at not having rides next year. Truex is in a contract year, Allmendinger had a 1 year contract, Jamie Mac may lose Bass Pro Shops to the Dillons and Childress, Newman doesn't have sponsorship and we know Danica is coming up to Cup next year, and she will always have sponsorship no matter how bad she is.

It's a nutty world..

Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 PM

Yeah i miss the old broadcastings its like TNT isnt even watching the race, & its crazy that sponsers dont support winning teams much anymore but just media hyped drivers

Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 PM

5 Year Member

Well, to change the subject a bit...

ALLEGEDLY, and that is the important part, ALLEGEDLY, in Las Vegas, one of these betting places that does the races has a place where you can bet on if Kyle Busch will finish the race and if not, what lap does he go out on.

This is becuase Kyle Busch has blown engines in 3 races and broke a suspension part in a 4th right now.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 PM

5 Year Member

So check this out....

I like running NASCAR races on the NASCAR The Game 2011. I ran a full race this afternoon at Kentucky in my career (hadn't played in a few weeks actualy...) so after 267 laps, I won, but look who ran 2nd, 3rd, and 4th...

My picks for this week, although not in order....

It's an omen, gentlemen. I will win Kentucky on this forum in the same dominating fashion I won this race in.

Actually, it just fell that way on the last restarts. The game has aglitch where cars come out of hte pits and just crash into each other because they don't yield to cars alreayd on the track....

Well 2nd place for most of the race was either Mark Martin or Kevin Harvick, occasionally Matt Kenseth. As the final restarts came down due to crashes, we took the final green flag after 10 cautions with 4 laps to go... and that's just how it came out.

Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Kasey Khane were all factors at the end, but it just didn't quite work out somehow or another... cars like to randomly check up on the inside line (another glitch) and sometime slwos down that inside line... think that is what happened to a lot of them.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM

14-48-18

Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Ok Never watched this race before or even heard of this track. I'll go with The 88 then Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson. Going to try and set the dvr for this one. Can't wait for the next race. Cause its in VEGAS BABY . My wife & I were there for the spring Race. What a blast we had. Running all over the infield and thru the tunnel back to our seats. Which I think we only sat in for a few laps at the beinging. Spent a lot of time behind the pit box of the 88 ( DALE) Surprising how close you can get to them during the race.Plus the weather at that time of the yr was PERFECT ! Not sure how temp in the 100's will be this time.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Picks #1 J Johnson #2 Kyle B. #3 Biffle

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Can't wait for the next race. Cause its in VEGAS BABY .

What the heck schedule are you looking at? Next race is in Daytona....

Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
What the heck schedule are you looking at? Next race is in Daytona....
& Duane how were u able to do a whole Kentucky race? I start to fall asleep 50 laps in

Quick Reply: Picks/Kentucky/SatNight