NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Homestead/Championship

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well Carl Edwards was fastest in final practice about .7 mph over anyone else. He's looking to close out '10 strong!!! Jimmie was 3rd in practice, Denny was 30th. Do you think the 48 is getting into the 11's head?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:41 PM

LOL `Duane, he might be getting in2 Denny's head, but I doubt `it....Denny does not want to show his power yet...

I agree with many that they would like to see a new Champion, but one has to give credit where credit is `do...
I think Jimmy Johnson has represented NASCAR well in his last 4 years of winning the crown, but should he get greedy & not let other's win I think he & his team (or former J.G. team : ) will be doing everything they can to win the race & the title...

I still believe it will all come down to Racing `Luck, because the remaining 3 are all talented with super teams...I think it's going to be a super race this Sunday....

Maybe none of the top 3 will be in the Top 3 in this last race of the season ? ? ?
Maybe, just maybe Denny & Jimmy will have problems & Kevin will be TOP `Dog : )~*

Thanks `Duane for the updates on practice...Carl could be the winner of this Race, with Joey 2nd ...
Hope everyone that likes NASCAR gets the chance to watch or listen to the Race.......I know I'm looking forward to it ....
Peace/Out

Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think Denny can be as cool and collected as Jimmie and in the end Jimmie will win an unprecidented 5th championship - not the same old thing that has happened the last four years. The first 5 consectutive championships!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Happy Harvick will prevail and win it all! when sunday evening rolls around, remember that I "told you so"
I hope I'm not wrong .....

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 11-19-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope you are right too monte carlo 3831. Harvick all the way to the top. Especially since he had a huge points lead before the stupid chase started. I Hate the Chase.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:47 AM

15 Year Member

So Kahne got the pole! And I supposed to believe this team who usually qualifies 30th turned it all around on the drive from Phoenix to Miami? Somethings not right there. I'd more likely believe Kvapil got the pole, but I am bias.

I'm expect Deny to choke. He qualified crappy. But I like the guy, I really do. He is Nascar straightest shooter IMO. Some people say Tony Stewart is, which he is sorta, except Deny isn't as dillusional as Tony. I never disagree with Deny.

I still don't know who to pick. I'm so nervous since this is the last pick of the year I gotta make it a good one...

Old 11-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I still don't know who to pick. I'm so nervous since this is the last pick of the year I gotta make it a good one...

LOL `Brent, yes sleepless nights researching all the NASCAR sites to choose the correct driver for the `Win

Yes, it is a great honor to be awarded the Best MCF Pick'er of the Year LOL + all the glory & honors that goes with this title + a lifetime membership to the MCF...
`Brent, you should sit down/kick back/fire one & contemplate this major decision B-4 you make your final choices : )~*

We will be all waiting to read/see your post selections : )
4-Real~> Sure

Wish you a Super WeekEnd & a Great Final 2010 NASCAR race to watch & EnJoy.....

Last edited by Space; 11-20-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:55 PM

15 Year Member

Oh! Flippin' A!! I just did some readin' over at Jayski and I would like to be the second to start the rumor the Ray Evernham may find himself as Dale Jr's crew chief next year! That would really turn things around there I believe, but its purely speculation at this time. Evernham has been released from RPM to return to competion, which he has been interested in doing for sometime (but has been contractually obligated to GEM/RPM since he sold the team). The Hendrick operation can certainly afford it and Jr really needs it. Junior has already hinted that Lance McGrew won't likely be back on his team next year...

And I still haven't figured out my picks...

Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 PM

I don't know who'll win the race but I'm pickin' Harvick to win the title.

Evernham has already said he doesn't want to return fulltime, so I seriously doubt he'll be Jr's crew chief, but I think there is a really good possibility he'll go back to work at Hendrick Motorsports in some kind of management position.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ray Evernham did indeed say he would like to be involved in NASCAR competition but not as an owner. He also said he's not interested in being a crew chief again, because he's done that and he feels he has accomplished all he can. i think what he woudl really prefer is something liek a shop job, a big project, somethign that he doesn't have to travel all over the country anymore. I think Jr. doesn't have the drive to do this anymore. I know he can, he won a couple of Nationwide championships in the 90s, won some races with his daddy on the track... and a lot of people say NASCAR rigged some races for him, but he won races long before anyone would ever have sympathy on him. And if NASCAR wants to rig races, they should have rigged a few for that Kerry Earnhardt. That guy wrecked more cars than Danica Patrick. Jr. is always depressed when he gets out of car, never looks excited to be driving anymore. He can run good and still look upset. He's like Kyle Busch, but without hte enthusiasm.

And I think if Ray returns to the pit box, it needs to be for the 24. I have completely lost faith in Steve Letarte's ability to call a race and adjust a car. Jeff runs great in practice, but he can't keep the tires on the car and he can't seem to keep up with the race track. He's great at the beginning or middle of a race, but it's like Steve is scared to adjust the car to make it better. Put Ray Evernham back up there, that man will make the call!!!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 11-20-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Picks for Homestead/Championship