NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Dover/SunAfternoon

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
This will probably work out okay. He doesn't have to worry about pissing off the sponsors cause the owner is the sponsor. I think its a pretty good team. I like Regan Smith enough, but he is one of a handful of guys who's chances to excel should be up.

Solid Hendrick line-up for this race. I'd pick 'em 1-2-3-4 if I could. Narrowing it down to 3, I'll go:

1. Dale Jr
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Gordon
Im a fan of Furniture row and Regan Smith....
I think Dale Jr should dump Danica...and Pick up Regan Smith!
I have met the team personally...of Furniture row...
I wear my team uniform in support of both!
These pics are from MIS in June!
Where the team members came and partied with us at our Camper all week..

Attached Thumbnails Picks/Dover/SunAfternoon-v__08c0.jpg   Picks/Dover/SunAfternoon-v__4278.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-25-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do like Regan Smith. And he was totally robbed of a Talledega win for DEI which could have changed the direction of his entire career (you knew I was going to bring that up, didntcha Duane?). But in no way does he bring the kind of money, attention and ratings to the sport that Danica does. This seems to eat at a lot of people. But she help everybody make money. Just watch what happens to Indy car over the next few years - that league is deader than dead. Beside, JR Motorsports is done with Danica, more or less, at the end of this season. Stewart-Haas racing is the team that needs the Danica/ GoDaddy money now. Pretty desperately considering neither Pony nor Newman have full time sponsorship as of yet. She might be the only driver with a full time single sponsor left in Nascar.

Anyways, I think Kurt will probably help the success of Furniture Row racing on track. If he can't, I think we can write the team off as a winning team. But that's no reason not to be a fan. Winning isn't everything. There's a lot more to racing then winning races. Ask Lightning McQueen. So I find it easier to be a fan of Regan Smith than Kurt Busch. Maybe Furniture Row Racing will find they made a mistake.

And JR Motorsports is looking for a driver...

Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

JR Motorsports needs a driver? Well I have a few laps experience at Charlotte, Bristol, Martinsville, and Richmond!!!

I don't deny that had the roles been reversed, Stewart would have still won that race in 2008. But please explain your "career altering theory" to Richard Brickhouse and that random asshat who outran Darrell Waltrip in 1980!! Or Pete Hamilton, for that matter..... For Regan Smith in particular, that Darlington win didn't go a long way in making up for that alleged loss.

We live in a strange time in this sport... Stewart can't get full time sponsorship yet, and that's a surprise. Newman... not so surprising. Kurt Busch finding someone who will be his public apologist AGAIN is a surprise... first Roush, then Penske, and then James Finch had to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him. How many second chances can a man expect to get?

I'm still waiting on my model 88 car so I can give it my blessings before it's too late for Junior....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 09-25-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2004DE_JR
Well lets just hope that Dale can pull out a win or at the very least a top 5 this coming weekend, or even bettr the cheating 48 meets the wall this weekend
Geeezzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 AM

15 Year Member

I kinda thought the "48 cheating" comment was harsh too. But he has been caught enough times, so I can understand why people believe it. But I'm far more suspicious of Hamlin/ Grubb. Darien got a little defensive about what tv camera were catching in the pitbox last weekend. And that car was too fast/ too dominant. That's not Jimmie's usual style. That team is just unsinkable.

I think if Regan Smith had won that Talledega, DEI might have been able to stay a float by drawing some sponsors - perhaps a full time gig with Steak-umms. Maybe he could have stayed with DEI. Maybe DEI would not have merged with Ganassi or gone into the crapper. Regan Smith might have gone on to be featured on t-shirts with Elvis too! Oh, what could have been!

Old 09-26-2012, 05:50 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Points taken.

But DEI was in the crapper and on the way out long before Regan Smith had a win taken away from him by NASCAR. DEI was on its way out when they refused to let Dale Jr take it over and Teresa was left without a star with any sense to drive her car. The only way out for her was to really just sell it to Chip Ganassi. Winning Talladega could have just prolonged the pain and suffering for a dying team.

Regan Smith is getting shafted... guy packed up his bags and moved to Colorado just for some hot shot has-been to come along and swipe his ride out from under him. I just don't think Kurt Busch will do much better than Regan Smith has.....

Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I do like Regan Smith. And he was totally robbed of a Talledega win for DEI which could have changed the direction of his entire career (you knew I was going to bring that up, didntcha Duane?). But in no way does he bring the kind of money, attention and ratings to the sport that Danica does. This seems to eat at a lot of people. But she help everybody make money. Just watch what happens to Indy car over the next few years - that league is deader than dead. Beside, JR Motorsports is done with Danica, more or less, at the end of this season. Stewart-Haas racing is the team that needs the Danica/ GoDaddy money now. Pretty desperately considering neither Pony nor Newman have full time sponsorship as of yet. She might be the only driver with a full time single sponsor left in Nascar.

Anyways, I think Kurt will probably help the success of Furniture Row racing on track. If he can't, I think we can write the team off as a winning team. But that's no reason not to be a fan. Winning isn't everything. There's a lot more to racing then winning races. Ask Lightning McQueen. So I find it easier to be a fan of Regan Smith than Kurt Busch. Maybe Furniture Row Racing will find they made a mistake.

And JR Motorsports is looking for a driver...
They just might...have made a mistake....
I think I just may contact...John Slingerland (Team Cordinator) and find out what I can..

Old 09-26-2012, 07:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1) Jimmy Johnson
2) Denny Hamlin
3) Clint Bowyer

Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM

5 Year Member

according to furniture rows web site...

on espn 2 at 330pm eastern time....there suppose to be the official announcement of kurt busch on team furniture row...(nascar now)

Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM

15 Year Member

Jayski is reporting that Regan Smith's last race will be Talledega. Kurt Busch will finish the year in the car.

Quick Reply: Picks/Dover/SunAfternoon