NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your side in a bar fight?
Kevin Harvick
11.11%
Tony Stewart
33.33%
Carl Edwards
33.33%
Richard Childress
22.22%
Kyle Busch
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Wow... my worst race ever... absolutely worst.
Cowboy6622 3 26 9 38
But you helped me feel better about my lousy pics Duane, so thanks! You replaced your favorite boots in the not-so-distant past (but I bet you never threw away the old ones, right?) Maybe it's time for a new hat?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I gave up the hat years ago. I kept having headaches in the afternoon... one day I didn't wear my hat, no headache..... so I haven't worn the hat in about 3 years now. Never replaced the darn thing.

Anywho, about 5 guys could reasonably win the Segment next week.... and zJerry has popped in there as a surprise, this man could really steal the thing!!!!

I can't believe my luck in this thing... I won the first Segment, had 1 win... I haven't won since BRISTOL, I WON THE FIRST SEGMENT, AND NOW I'M SETTING UP TO BE LAST IN THE SECOND SEGMENT!!!

Good lesson in humility here....

I run this thing, and can't even rig my own system in my favor!

But I have made some risky decisions.... so I guess I had it all coming to me.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-02-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:39 PM

15 Year Member

TNT needs a lot of help. I PVR'd that race and can go back and review, but TNT dedicated about 20 seconds of that race coverage to the big wreck at the end that determined everything. They spent more time showing Ragan's burn out. Nobody know what happened because TNT didn't show it. They totally missed the big wreck at the end and only showed the replay once (2 different angles) - amateur coverage.

In TNT defence, the race should have been over when Ambrose spun in turn 3 (Nascar rules, not mine). Ambrose actually hit 2 cars and that wall hard, but kept it moving and finished ahead of Junior! His car was a wreck!

Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 PM

15 Year Member

I gave up the hat years ago.
You just need a bigger hat! I finally replaced my old #8 Bud "drinking hat" with a very similiar Whiskey River hat when I was down there in May. I live in that thing. Who's one of the "good ol' boys" now?

Last edited by JuniorCar; 07-02-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 PM

5 Year Member

NASCAR broadcasting has been in a sorry state of decline ever since ESPN quit their coverage in 2000. Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons, and Ned Jarrett in the booth with Dr. Jerry Punch working pit road was where it was all at.....

YouTube - ‪"Without you, there would've been no magic." (1/2)‬‏

YouTube - ‪"Without you, there would've been no magic." (2/2)‬‏

The magic simply has not been recaptured.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-02-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:57 PM

15 Year Member

Jenkins re-signed somewhere else, didn't he (no audio in the second vid)? I certainly haven't forgottten him. I get confused with all the different coverage, but TNT is not getting it done. Fox screws around with Digger too much and crappy redneck cowboy music that sets Nascar back 50 years (so much for me getting in with the southern boys). ABC has it later don't they? Aren't they ESPN? I sure missed Jenkins tonight, but it was directing that was missing. I like Kyle Petty in the announce booth...

Old 07-02-2011, 11:02 PM

5 Year Member

Petty is pretty fair... Jenkins worked with ESPN for a little while after that and I think he retired... believe he does some radio coverage for the Indy 500 every year.

ESPN was bought of hte contract though.

I think ABC is in with ESPN, and only one race (Charlotte) in the chase... the rest are ESPN. ESPN has Adam Alexander in the booth I believe... we'll see how he does.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

I'm moving on up, sweeeeeet......... and I had a bad last couple weeks...

Old 07-02-2011, 11:13 PM

15 Year Member

Petty is pretty fair... Jenkins worked with ESPN for a little while after that and I think he retired... believe he does some radio coverage for the Indy 500 every year.

ESPN was bought of hte contract though.

I think ABC is in with ESPN, and only one race (Charlotte) in the chase... the rest are ESPN. ESPN has Adam Alexander in the booth I believe... we'll see how he does.
Its especially confusing for me because American networks are screwed with up here - its really stupid, but what I was talking about before. I get ESPN and ABC up here. But if "our" (in quotes because it sure ain't mine) TSN buys the rights, they screw the coverage up as much as possible and its hard to figure out who's who. If we had more good ol' boys up here we'd riot or lynchin or somethin'! Its the damn yankee's and the like that go messin' it all up!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 AM

I'm on break on my night shift & did not get the chance to listen to the race...I just checked the results WoW

Really enjoyed reading the above member's posts & Congrat's to `Jerry & Hunter for SuperSuper picks : )

I still think that driver & team knowledge is important, but I believe luck is more important in making picks for a NASCAR Race 4-Sure!!

From what I've read & vid's I viewed it looked like a fun race to watch (?) I hope everyone enjoyed and had some `fun.
Thanks `Duane for another great thread & contest..I'm sure that you will make a pit stop & be back charging to the Top : )
"It's not `if U win or lose, it how you play the Game" "yeah `right" ~ LOL ~> EveryBody wants 2 Win.... don't they ?

Highlights: Coke Zero 400Posted: Jul 03, 2011
Watch highlights of the Coke Zero 400 from Daytona.

Stay on courseMiss any Daytona action? We've got you covered. PHOTOS

Last edited by Space; 07-03-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night