NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your side in a bar fight?
Kevin Harvick
11.11%
Tony Stewart
33.33%
Carl Edwards
33.33%
Richard Childress
22.22%
Kyle Busch
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1. Kevin Harvick
2. Trevor Bayne
3. Jr. Earnhardt

Were at the Battle Creek balloon festival right now watching stunt planes waiting for the Blue Angels to perform

Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is where 'Space is supposed to post a video of someone lighting a fart on fire...

Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM

I try to stay true to self and I have to acknowledge that up till the last couple weeks, he was more consistent than my man (KH#29), it showed in the points because he was ahead of Kevin so I had to eat a little humble pie, but I still hate he gets press on bad days, medium days, and heaven-forbid he's close to the front!! I just feel (my opinion, no facts available) that tons of money has been thrown at this guy to give him a chance when there are other, more capable drivers. I have to laugh every time Kyle bush finishes in front of JR because Hendricks got rid of him! Kyle can be competitive in a shopping cart!! (I'm a kyle fan.. I like any driver that will show some personality) (PS I have to admit, I loved it when he waited for kevin to exit his car and then drove off and dumped kevins car...)

Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nichols2k
I try to stay true to self and I have to acknowledge that up till the last couple weeks, he was more consistent than my man (KH#29), it showed in the points because he was ahead of Kevin so I had to eat a little humble pie, but I still hate he gets press on bad days, medium days, and heaven-forbid he's close to the front!! I just feel (my opinion, no facts available) that tons of money has been thrown at this guy to give him a chance when there are other, more capable drivers. I have to laugh every time Kyle bush finishes in front of JR because Hendricks got rid of him! Kyle can be competitive in a shopping cart!! (I'm a kyle fan.. I like any driver that will show some personality) (PS I have to admit, I loved it when he waited for kevin to exit his car and then drove off and dumped kevins car...)

Well, I think its fair that you are a Sr and a Pyle Buschit fan (that's what we call him on these boards). I don't understand people who liked Sr but hate KyBu - they are similiar drivers. I'd even go so far as to say Pyle is more of a gentlemen then Sr. was. He's even becoming articulate and well spoken - far better then Sr was. I'll be a Pyle fan one day - but not today!

Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Down boys, DOWN! HEEL!

76 wins, you'd think at least half were clean.... he did do some wrecking to get a lot of them, but still. They're the memorable finishes... no one remembers the ones he won cleanly.

Earnhardt Sr. made it with the fans pretty well because he was southern. I think part of what makes Dale Jr. the man he is with the fans is that this is still a southern sport at heart, and Dale Jr. is the last "Real" southern driver.

You used to have guys like Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Terry Labonte, Bill Elliott (heavens yes, a soutehrn driveR), Davey Allison, Dale Jarrett, Darrell Waltrip, Ricky Rudd, Richard Petty ,David Pearson, Cale Yarborough, ... all of them were soutehrn drivers, they were one of us!

Now, you have all these mamma's boys yankees driving in our sport... if I wanted to see a bunch of mammas boys race, I'd go to that track near Brent in Canada where Pyle Busch won that race with the illegal car last year! Jr. is our last hope!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 PM

15 Year Member

Nothing but snowmobile racing here in Canada!

Seriously Duane - you've been to the HOF. I was showing my wife all those finishes when we were there (she didn't follow Nascar back in the day). Of all the Sr wins, his one Sonoma win was the only one he didn't wreck someone to get. The footage showed a lot a booing fans and she couldn't understand why people like him to this day.

In his defense, he was the franchise for many years. He was also the reason I stopped watching Nascar in the 90's.

IMO, the Legend is better then the Man was, but its a good Legend. Brings out emotions in me too. And I still don't think he deserved to end up on Elvis t-shirts. Damn you Teresa!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

my picks.......

1. Tony Stewart
2. Kurt Busch
3. Dale JR

Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 PM

15 Year Member

My picks (they don't count for crap!)

1. Harvick
2. Junior
3. Bowyer

What the hell does she know?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:40 PM

15 Year Member

Oh no!!! Severe thunderstorms in London are seriously threatening my satellite coverage! At least I have Trackpass. The internet seems to be working fine.

I don't like this TNT "Wide Open Coverage" either. The TNT actual coverage is great I'm sure, but it is re-delivered on TSN in Canada and they feel they have the right to interject commercials where ever they feel like. Last time they had more commercials then race - it was ridiculous!
Although we actually get TNT, the CRTC makes satellite and cable providers blackout the actual TNT channels (or rebroadcast some other show/ re-run).

This isn't an entirely free country. Consider this celebrating Independance Day!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 PM

15 Year Member

Bayne brings the first caution out real good! That's gonna F some picks...

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night