NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your side in a bar fight?
Kevin Harvick
11.11%
Tony Stewart
33.33%
Carl Edwards
33.33%
Richard Childress
22.22%
Kyle Busch
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Another questionable Almirola move... he wrecked Danica coming to the white flag and caused about a 1 million dollars worth of damage..... he had nearly wrecked Kyle Busch earlier. How in the world is he as high in the points as he is? Maybe is one of the more decent second rate drivers overall.... .not at a restrictor plate track.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was a great Nationwide race, even if Danica did't win. I agree that Aric kinda screwed up at the end, but it definately didn't start with him. Danica looked hot (in more ways then one) and she really showed how much she wanted it. She didn't just "ride along", she really went for it and didn't disappoint me. She actually exceeded my expectations. The crowd was really into her - Junior like reaction!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 AM

Hi `Duane, `Brent & Nascar Racing Member's,
I just watched the highlights of the Nationwide Race, and it did look like it was a great race : )
Below are the highlights from Nascar.com
<~>Click on pic's 2 connect : )
Happy 4 Joey (Wish he was in a Chevy)

Final Laps: Logano emerges victorious from the fray
...<~>Thank U `Brent from Danica : )

Post-Race Reactions: Subway Jalapeno 250

Bowyer wrecked late while running in top five

Harvick makes wild save after push from Bowyer

<~>Age/Experience = `Win (?) Time will tell...? Stay tuned : )
Congrat's `Mark 4 Pole Position..
========================================
I wish I could've watched last night or be able to watch 2night, but I'm hoping that I can listen to part of the race 2night on the radio....Hope Everyone can enjoy the Race 2night...Forecast looks good with only a 20% Chance of rain.
I did not pick `Jr, but I'd be happy `if he won..
EnJoy the Race & your WeekEnd....Peace/Happiness 2 U from`Space.

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:20 AM

5 Year Member

I wonder how many drunk fans ran by the Danica hauler hugging and kissing it? I can never get over when I am at a race how many people just lose their minds on the Danica Patrick cardboard cut outs and the picture of her on her souvenier rig.... really... hugging it, licking it, etc. I can't imagine the cardboard tasting like anymore than cardboard, or the hauler tasting like anything more than vinyl decaling, urethane enamel, or road grime.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM

I've heard rumors that `Brent has one of Danica, but I'm not permitted to post what he's doing with it, since it's a violation of MCF `Rules
NASCAR Cardboard Cutouts, Life Size Standups -

Click above link to order your CardBoard Cutouts
of Racing Driver's * Note, some come in a variety of flavors : )
`Duane, don't U have one of Kyle Busch ? LOL ?
Below is the one that I have in case anyone
wants to throw some `dart's , or run over with your Monte : )

<FONT size=4 face="Book Antiqua"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; BORDER-TOP: #de4a0e 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #de4a0e 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 8px" vAlign=bottom colSpan=2 align=center>ROSWELL ALIEN CARDBOARD CUTOUT LIFE SIZE STANDUP</TD></TR><TR><TD height=280 vAlign=top width=280 align=center><SCRIPT language=javascript>function makeWin(imsrc, ww, wh) {ww=ww+25; wh=wh+50;w1=window.open('','w1','width='+ww+',heig ht='+wh+',status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location =no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');w1.document.ope n();w1.document.write("<html><head><title>Image Zoom<\/title><META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Pragma\" CONTENT=\"no-cache\"><META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Expires\" CONTENT=\"-1\"><\/head>");w1.document.write("<body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' text='#000000' leftmargin=2 topmargin=10>
");w1.document.write("

");w1.document.write("<a href=\"javascript:window.close();\">close window<\/font><\/a><\/body><\/html>");w1.document.focus();};</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/incrediblegifts/solid-image-popup.js"></SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 AM

5 Year Member

I do indeed have a cardboard cut out of Kyle Busch, and unlike Brent, I am permitted to say what I do with it. You wouldn't believe how excellent of a piece of target practice it is.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 AM

LOL `Duane, & I bet several other NASCAR driver's have one of Kyle Busch also...Especially Kevin (He gets them & burns one after every race

I do think that NASCAR could make a lot of Xtra $ if they put a boxing ring on the finish line after the race & had the upset drivers put on the gloves & battle "Pay 4 View" LOL
Would you reading this pay to Watch Kyle vs Kevin in the Boxing Ring ? LOL
You cut me `Off

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm an avid NASCAR Fan, so I'll throw in.. I suck at fantasy pics though..

Y'all are going for the obvious choices, so I like to be different especially at Daytona because it is a crap shoot...

1) Reutimann (I've alway liked Ruddy and he seems to have skill, just never seems to be able to finish or just bad luck)
2) Menaard (Glad to see him back and doing well)
3) Logano (He pulled it out last night...)

Now, I'm a Kevin Harvick fan since he got in Dale's seat. Way-back-when I was a hendricks-hater, but over the years you just can't ignore their driving ability, sportsmanship, and consistency.... Except Junior.. Won't root for that boy if the rest of the cars were in the garage (which is how he is gonna have to get his next win). Didn't like him going to hendricks and I think he gets way too much marketing just because of his name. He gets too much camera time and press when there are other drivers that deserve it.
(Disclaimer.. he has been more consistent this year, but he still has yet to win a real race with the best equipment in the field)
(Disclaimer two: I just jinxed myself... better put JR at the top of your list!!)

There's my rant and pics.. take if for what its worth.. GO #29!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:31 AM

5 Year Member

I thin khe is running better legitimately this year... I don't see the other ugys letting him win.. .although NASCAR didn't throw a caution at Charlotte when they knew he was about to run out of gasoline.

But Jr. has been so close... my mom thinks NASCAR lets him win and the other drivers let him do well.... because everyone feels sorry for him because he lost his father. The thing is, he won races and Busch Series championships long before anyone ever felt sorry for him. And he and his father were always good at the restricter plate thing.

Jr. made the win that was the catalyst for losing Earnhardt in this race in 2001.... I believe he has won it a couple of times since then. I think Jr. is the man for this thing.

And everyoen whines and cries about the "sorry" 2 car draft... big pack racing was that much worse to me. I much prefer the two car style.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
I've heard rumors that `Brent has one of Danica, but I'm not permitted to post what he's doing with it, since it's a violation of MCF `Rules
I do have one and its got a hole in it somewhere! OOOOoooooo...

Seriously tho, I did pick up a full size (5 ft) cardboard of her from JR Motorsports when I was down there. Its autographed too and it was only $28! Its still in the box - I'm saving it to give to my brother at Christmas.

I can't understand why Hendricks would want Junior either. Out selling all other drivers combined couldn't do much for the team, could it? Why does everyone have to compare him to Sr? Its not a very good comparison. Junior's way better on equipment and on the rare occassion that he wins he doesn't have to wreck someone to do it (although Carl might disagree). Sr was never as popular as Junior. At the Nascar Hall of Fame when reviewing "Nascars Greatest Finishes" it became obvious why. Junior has won more races cleanly then Sr ever did - Sr hardly got a clean win in his career

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night