NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your side in a bar fight?
Kevin Harvick
11.11%
Tony Stewart
33.33%
Carl Edwards
33.33%
Richard Childress
22.22%
Kyle Busch
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jr. car has a point, but he has a fatal flaw...

If Daytona is a copycat of Talladega, Jr. Car will look like a hero.

If the Hendrick guys have a weird problem, or they all get in a wreck because one of them makes a slight error, then he is going to have a bad week....

If you pick them in pairs, and a pair is whiped out, you lose 2/3rds of your team.

And besides, you don't know who's going to pair with who just yet... you have a strong inclination, but don't know for sure.

I'd take one person from each pair and spread them out.

But if you watch my video, you know I'm not picking with my head either.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Hendricks guys made it quite clear in practice. They have every intention of hooking up the same way. They practiced in the same pairs too. All the more reason qualifying means nothing - it'll be the only time these guys run by themselves this weekend. Even their practice time were all in pairs, tho Jr & Jimmie were marred back in 19th & 20th. Jeff & Martin were 5th & 6th. Ambrose & Allmendinger were the fastest.

I'm surprised Jr isn't running in the Nationwide series race...

Old 07-01-2011, 04:16 AM

......Space Picks
1. Carl Edwards
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Gordon
(Mark Martin : ) Jr & Joey )back `up : )
Wish EveryOne a Safe/Fun 4th of July WeekEnd..
EnJoy the Race...Thanks `Duane

Last edited by Space; 07-02-2011 at 04:09 AM. Reason: No Reason : ) Correct Jimmy 2 Jimmie : )
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 AM

5 Year Member

I even see practice as irrelevant... think about this, if your car is good, and you know it, why risk wrecking one another ramming the **** out of each other in a PRACTICE session? Wait until the final laps... guys like Jimmie Johnson and Dale Jr. know this. Guys like Ambrose and Allmendinger are running for lower level teams and quite frankly, they need to put on a show for sponsors... if they can post that they had the fastest two cars in a practice session, then they can go back home and show their sponsors how fast they were in practice and how well they're progressing as an organization... Hendrick has nothing to prove, everyone knows Hendrick is championship winning caliber.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM

15 Year Member

I agree. Both Jimmie & Junior were happy with their cars and they would know what it takes. But practice is still more relevant then qualifying will be. Yates was always good at putting non-contenders on the pole here.

Anyonw wanna fathom Danica's chances tonight (in the Nationwide race)?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM

5 Year Member

Okay, so I'm going back on my word in the video....

I picked 2nd, 7th, and 3rd... that's Trevor Bayne, ANDY LALLY!!! and Clint Bowyer.... I'm going to go back on my word about 7th place... I don't think Andy Lally will even try to finish the race.

so we have for my picks...

1) Trevor Bayne
2) Dale Earnhardt Jr.
3) Clint Bowyer

EDIT: I could not start the race with Andy Lally on my team.... I replaced him with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. The Hendrick cars are too strong, and Dale Jr. is too hungry to pass up having at least one Hendrick car on the team this week.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 07-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ima have to go with

1. Gordon
2. Bayne
3 Martin

I keep forgetting that u guy do this every week lol

Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM

15 Year Member

In light of qualifying, I am adjusting my picks (even tho qualifying means nothing)

1. Dale Jr
2. Mark Martin
3. Jimmie Johnson
(4. Jeff Gordon)

Just swapped Martin into the picks that count as my way of congratulating Martin for winning the pole! Whoo hoo!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 PM

5 Year Member

Please don't take me the wrong way... I don't want to be all uptight, but could you edit your first post and fix your picks there as well?

The reason I ask is that when I start at the beginning and start taking picks down and figuring out totals, I don't want to forget and have you figured out wrong and then go right over the post with your real picks in it.....

This is what got you screwed up at Charlotte? or wherever it was when you picked Jr. and had 3 picks, then made 4-5 paragraphs, then made your real picks..... you know, that time I put you on secret probation like NASCAR did to Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin?

Thanks bud.

I've got to edit my own picks because I can't go into this thing with Andy Lally on my team....

Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM

5 Year Member

And you asked, Brent, what we thought of Patrick's chances... well, she can't seem to get this whole drag the brake whiel leading thing down.... she could win the race, she led some laps there for awhile... I was impressed and Stewart stands by her.

Aric Almirola is showing why he isn't Cup Series material... I've seen the guy make 2-3 questionable moves... .he almost wrecked Pyle Buschit a minute ago.

Edit: The male performance cars just proved that being twice as big can cause you to wreck twice as hard.

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/Sat. Night