Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Picks/Darlington, Sat. Night/Absentee Vote Rule (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/picks-darlington-sat-night-absentee-vote-rule-27894/)

Cowboy6622 05-04-2011 05:46 AM

Well Chris, you're still a member with a voice too! So far, only like 4 votes. There's 9 of us who regularly participate. And congrats on that big win in Richmond last week again!

And no pressure on the picks guys ;)

My suggestion for hte "last minute" guys would be to come on here and post your picks early, then change them later. That way, if you don't get on here later, you still had picked somebody to keep you in the running. Space used to post the date on the forum... half the time, I forget the date anyway and just know what day ti is this week... so I decided to take on his old ways and put the day in the post. I try to put it as quick as I can so that when you scroll down the forum, you see the race and the day of the race, and hopefully the day isn't so far over that you can't see it on the little quick read.

And I have 3 of these signatures... you guys have seen 2. I'm just going to keep rotating them out. Thanks though!

Space 05-04-2011 06:34 AM

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/av...ine=1262665700
Hi `Duane, another great thread & information.
I voted that if you snooze, you lose :(:D It's like `Life :)
Yes, Joey L. isn't doing as well as I expected this year, but I think he would be good for Henrick's : )
I have no idea on who to pick for this week...I am way behind, because I've been playing to much online...
I need to get caught `up...Thanks again for your time & dedication...It's appreciated...Peace`Out from `Space

lougreen03 05-04-2011 02:22 PM

Johnson, Gordon, Harvick.

Cowboy6622 05-05-2011 06:27 PM

Alrighty.... I think I'm going to go with, subject to change:

1) Jeff Gordon
2) Greg Biffle
3) Matt Kenseth

I just don't know about the Toyota engines. At Texas, they all lasted... but the first Toyota finished 15th. They weren't that hot at Las Vegas either... except for the one that caught fire. I just don't know if they have the power/reliability/handling to run these straightaways and take these Darlington corners. I think it's going to be an RCR/Roush/Hendrick kind of day.

The 'Yota drivers might make liars of me. I don't know. We'll see... feel free to pick them, don't let me stop yo uthough! Although I don't think the guys on this Chevy forum have a problem with a reasonable excuse to stay away from a Toyota driver.

RocknSS04 05-06-2011 08:45 PM

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kyle Busch
3. Denny Hamlin

JuniorCar 05-06-2011 09:21 PM

Okay... I'm finally ready to post! Basically, I havenb't posted anything in days because everytime I have logged on I spent all my forum time trying to read through Duane' epic long first post!!! I'm not even joking - it took me days to read the whole thing. And it seems you posted the same Youtube vid twice for the '97 Southern 500 Cowboy. Was the audio different? The video from '68 would have been better without that dry dry commentating - almost as annoying as that british commentating in F1.

But I read the whole thing, and between your follow up posts, I've got nothing more to say.

Except this: Who the hell is TJ Bell? (qualified 33rd)

I agree that Truex is right there, as are Keselowski and Gordon. But I'm after solid, consistent performers. I still haven't got a lot of faith in McGrew/ Martin, to my dismay.

And speaking of dismay, what with all the Toyota love guys? I'll beat you this way...

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Carl Edwards
3. Dale Junior (yes, I said consistent!)

last: TJ Bell
1st caution: Tj Bell
# of cautions: 8

JuniorCar 05-06-2011 09:23 PM

Was there a poll here? Screw you if you miss a week!

Cowboy6622 05-06-2011 11:38 PM

TJ Bell was a truck series driver back in the mid 2000's.

And the second video I meant to post was this one...

YouTube - 2003 Darlington - Rick Craven/Kurt Busch Photo Finish - Call by MRN

And about British commentating... how about that British guy who was in the broadcast booth for the '79 Daytona 500? You usually hear Mike Joy and the commentating on that crash between Yarborough and Allison, but there was a British driver turned commentator, David something or nother... he had a tendency to state the obvious....

"And Cale Yarborough is leading right now because he is ahead of all the other cars, and when you're ahead of the other cars, that makes you the leader."

I don't know that he said that, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I'm also willing to offer this compromise on absentee.... if you know you will miss a week, post in a previous week telling us your picks for the next week, or just ask me, and I'll post up a thread for the race you will miss early so you can put your picks in it. It seems that some people like it when I put the day of the race in the title... I will try to continue doing this as well.

Pyle O'Bulschit won the race tonight....

Space 05-07-2011 09:57 AM

`Space Picks :)
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Carl Edwards
3. Tony Stewart
:rolleyes:~>:confused:<~:D
Sure hope everyone that can watch the
Race enjoys.....
(I'll be work'in, but going to try to
keep track on the radio: )
----------------------------------------
Thanks again `Duane, for your
time & dedication to MCF NASCAR Racing : )

BocaReject 05-07-2011 03:28 PM

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Busch