Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   New Points for 2014? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/new-points-2014-a-47227/)

Cowboy6622 02-06-2014 04:40 PM

New Points for 2014?

Since NASCAR changed the structure of its chase and season to have an emphasis on wins, do we want to do the same thing?

Should we have a Chase format here on the forum with all winners going in to Chicago reset, then we use points and wins to determine who gets into the next round, then the next roung, then the next?

In other words...

If I did this according to NASCAR Rules, I would probably take everyone who won a race all year on the forum, along with any other members based on points to get to like 9 or 12 member sin the chase, and reset them at a certain number of points.

I would then go another 3 races and eliminate down to 6 members, then after another 3 races, down to 3.

Then we woudl reset going to Homestead, and our champion would be chosen from a playoff style of 2-3 members trying to see who can pick Homestead the best.

Or do we want to just stick with what we have and what we know works?

JuniorCar 02-06-2014 05:21 PM

I'd leave it alone. Our points system is better. And less complicated. If we try the crap NASCAR is doing, more than one will end up feeling screwed over.

It's the worst idea ever in NASCAR. I could rant for hours, but my typing won't keep up. The worst part about the new points system is that when Junior finally wins a Championship, many will discredit him for not winning "a real" Championship. And they will be right.

The same thing would happen to me here!

Cowboy6622 02-06-2014 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 595518)
I'd leave it alone. Our points system is better. And less complicated. If we try the crap NASCAR is doing, more than one will end up feeling screwed over.

It's the worst idea ever in NASCAR. I could rant for hours, but my typing won't keep up. The worst part about the new points system is that when Junior finally wins a Championship, many will discredit him for not winning "a real" Championship. And they will be right.

The same thing would happen to me here!

I get paid to ask....

Cowboy6622 02-07-2014 03:08 PM

Anyone noticed that NASCAR has used 4 points structures in 11 years? We have used on 1 structure going into our fourth year?

Blazed SS 02-07-2014 04:03 PM

I agree lets just leave it man . If it ain't broke don't fix it!! I do have to say I can't wait to see how this plays out this year .

Leprechaun93 02-07-2014 07:10 PM

I say leave it as is

77gp 02-08-2014 12:39 PM

Seems like it would take a lot more of your time Duane, I will go with the majority.

SupplySgt 02-15-2014 01:45 AM

I say leave it. I like the setup with the segments and all that.