Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Nationwide Children's Hospital 200 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/nationwide-childrens-hospital-200-a-49976/)

SupplySgt 08-12-2014 03:37 AM

Nationwide Children's Hospital 200

Hey guys, I'm starting a separate thread for the Nationwide race this week. There seems to have been a decent amount of picks put in on the weeks that Duane has included it in the main Cup thread for that week, so I'm hoping this will carry over to this.

For the time being, this is just for fun, but I will compile points the same way Duane does for each individual race. If we get enough interest, I'm open to the idea of keeping track of overall points over the course of the season and running a full year league. But in the meantime, it'll be for fun for the remainder of this season. Bear with me after a race as I work most Saturdays, so it'll be late before I can tally up the points after a race.

Duane, if this takes off, I'm sure I'll be picking your brain I'm sure.

So without further adieu, I'll start things off wih my picks for this week for the Children's Hospital 200. I honestly don't know much about the tracks that do Nationwide and not Cup races, so this will help me to learn some of these tracks as we go. It'll take time before I know them well enough to give a rundown. So bear with me.

Chase Elliot
Trevor Bayne
Sam Hornish Jr

Cowboy6622 08-12-2014 10:02 AM

22. Alex tagliani
6. Trevor bayne
60. Chris buescher

JuniorCar 08-12-2014 05:39 PM

I'm happy we're getting the Nationwide thing going. Its like the Sprint Cup pool was in the old days. We used to pick 'em just for fun and barely kept score. There were no rules. 'Space would even make picks cause there was nothin' at stake. This does feel like racing.

If it hasn't become obvious, I've become a huge Chase Elliott fan. He seems like the future of racing to me. But he still has lots of time to change my mind about him too. I can remember back when I used to defend Kyle Busch all the time - I figure no one was giving him a fair shake cuz they already hated his brother (who woulda guessed Kurt Busch would turn out to be "the good guy"?)

Short entry list - only 37? One Penske car and 2 JRMotorsports. Odd

1. Chase Elliott
2. Alex Tagliani
3. Regan Smith

SupplySgt 08-13-2014 03:05 AM

I figure it'll be fun Brent. That's why I suggested it and then just went ahead and went through with it. I wish I wasn't at work during pretty much every Nationwide race though.

I like Chase Elliot as well from what I've seen. Also happy to see Regan Smith doing well also.

I liked Kyle until the stunt he pulled in Nashville in 2009. I lived less than 20 minutes from the track there at the time (I wish someone like Brutan Smith would buy it, it has a lot of potential and was a fun track to go to) and I (as well as pretty much everyone else in the state of TN) hated that move on his part. The guy who handcrafted those guitar trophies made a comment that he was heartbroken to see one of his pieces trashed like that.

Hopefully we get more people in as we go, this could be a lot of fun if we get enough participation.

JuniorCar 08-13-2014 06:19 AM

We could start a whole thread on "Why I hate Kyle Busch". I certainly couldn't nail it down to a single isolated incident. But he's not the driver who is the focus of my ire these days...

Cowboy6622 08-13-2014 10:07 AM

there will obviously be no points racing involved in ti then! I think this race is a bit more of a "wildcard" then Watkins Glen was.... it should be more like Road America. The 4 cup guys who ran Watkins Glen were all known for their Nationwide and/or Road Racing prowess.... so the top 4 qualifiers were expected to dominate and win the race. I feel like the only road racer in this field is Alex Tagliani and he isn't a regular in a Nationwide car to know all the nuances of one. Who knows, Brendan Gaughan might win this thing!

SupplySgt 08-14-2014 03:18 AM

I wonder if the TuneIn app will carry the radio broadcast like they do the MRN cup broadcasts (I couldn't sit in front of the TV last week and listened via that app). If so, I could listen at work and not totally miss out.

Cowboy6622 08-14-2014 12:14 PM

That, or you can go on MRN or PRN's website (whichever covers it) and listen online through your phone... I've done that.

SupplySgt 08-15-2014 02:56 AM

Good call Duane. I'll keep that in mind. I just looked, and it will be carried. That's awesome. I can't exactly bring my satellite radio into work with me so I'm liking that option, even if it does gobble up data.

SupplySgt 08-16-2014 03:52 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they start engines at 2:45 EDT. That's the deadline.