Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   My time at Daytona 500( My first time) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/my-time-daytona-500-my-first-time-26282/)

BocaReject 02-21-2011 10:49 PM

My time at Daytona 500( My first time)

So this was a race that I always wanted to go to but never had a chance of going, but this year i had a job and had some money to get tickets. I had seats in Alison Tower section C Row 39. It was a GREAT view of the track. So sit back and get ready to enjoy a crappy story from me XD (i cant write a story for anything and i m doing this at a car meet, and i m always the only monte carlo here.....EVER lol)

so the day before was about a shock to me, cause i m getting to go to the 500, now i have been to homestead before but come on daytona bets that anyday lol. Mom is telling me to go to bed so i can be ready for the race and drive, I tried to sleep for about 3 hours, and then it was 5:30 am in the morning and i said forget it, lets go now, so i text my gf to get ready that we are leaving now.
On the way up there no traffic and i was going from 90 to 100mph at times and it took around 2 hours toget there and daytona is about 4hours away,but when we get on I4 going in to daytona BAM traffic, we where stuck there for 4 hours in traffic to just get in to daytona its self not to the track, buy the time we get to daytona its around 12pm and the green flag drops at 1:30. Now my friend told me to park at mickyD's that it would be easy to get out and no traffic after the race, but he failed to tell me that it was around a 3 mile walk to the track, we take the walk and when we get to the track its around 1 now and there saying off the drivers, well are tickets are for the backstretch and here we are on the front, now this is my first time there and i didnt know that you couldnt walk from the front to the back around the track, so we had to get to the tram to take us to the back of the track.
So we get to the back and to are seats in time for start of the motors and sit down, the race is something crazy to see in person (the 500 that is) and on lap 3 i tried not to cry, now on tv is one thing to see it in person, it was shocking and something i will remember forever. so as the laps go by and the yellows come out i m starting to get a heat stroke, it was so hot and i didnt bring water but coke because my gf's phone said it would be cool out, it lied, so i get water in me and enjoy the rest off the race, now the cars running 2 by 2 the whole time was crazy to see and it seemed like they where running faster then they used to,i couldnt tell i couldnt see a mph on the screen. and then bam jr's out front before i could know it. I'm screaming like everyone was ,then some laps later he crashed, now i think if he could have stayed with the 78 he would have been out front the whole time and won, but that didnt happen.and then jr crashes and i m yelling, and cursing up a storm. so i was like i wanna leave,and as we walked down i saw the side of the track where you can be next to the gate, so we go ever there and thats a whole new story, i want to do it again, i have it on tape and ill post it later if i can, but grats to the 21 for winning, i m 19 almost 20 to,and i wish i could do what he does.

well thats my story, ill get pics up and video when i can

zjerry 02-21-2011 10:54 PM

Thanks for your story post pic/video..

monte carlo 3831 02-21-2011 10:55 PM

ok then, I managed to read through all that and it sounded like you had a great time, very cool....:cool:

Montelicious 02-21-2011 10:58 PM

Very cool! I was there in 2001 and 2002. My cousin lives down there and gets to go EVERY YEAR! Grrrrrr! LOL

KJRich 02-21-2011 11:03 PM

Awesome man, sounds like you had a great time! lol

Montelicious 02-21-2011 11:04 PM

Can't wait to see the video!

BocaReject 02-21-2011 11:36 PM

Thank you all for the kind words,i have to wait till my gf gets them to me,and i have to try and bleep out my cursing when jr hit the wall and when Trevor Bayne won XD

lougreen03 02-21-2011 11:55 PM

Good story I'm glad you had fun and i think i saw you on TV

monte carlo 3831 02-22-2011 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 299049)
Good story I'm glad you had fun and i think i saw you on TV

I thought I saw him also.....:D

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/o...901388833-.jpg

Space 02-22-2011 04:56 AM

Thanks Boca,
EnJoyed reading your recap of your experience & looking forward to seeing your vid & Pic's...When you post the Vid, just put a warning "Adult Language" :eek::D

You just created lifetime memories, and the lesson that it does pay to do some research/planning b-4 U blast `off 2 the unknown :eek::D LOL (I also seem 2 learn that the hard way 4-Sure; ) "Would've/should've/could've" :)

Great also that you had a safe `Jouney on *I-95 & no tickets..
there's plenty of messed `up construction...

I'm hoping that my future that I can make it 2 the 500 :) I'm so close, but so far away : )

We all will just `be sitting here waiting for your Rac'in Vid :D
========================================
Still sitting here waiting ~> LOL
Thanks