Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Monte Carlo to return to NASCAR? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/monte-carlo-return-nascar-57698/)

Griffindor 01-11-2017 05:18 PM

Monte Carlo to return to NASCAR?

2 Attachment(s)
Well we've known it for years but it has finally been confirmed that the Chevrolet SS is done in NASCAR after 2017. With Chevrolet needing a replacement do you think we could finally see the return of the Monte Carlo? After all the Monte Carlo disappeared after 88 and returned in 95 with the main purpose of competing in NASCAR. Fingers crossed!!!

ZIPPY02 01-12-2017 12:03 AM

Heard it will be the Chevy Cruze... Hey that's Fake news...:rotfl: Would be sweet if they did reintroduce the Monte Carlo. Anyone else hear any thing from the rumor mills?:cool:

JuniorCar 01-12-2017 06:24 AM

It'll probably be the Malibu. I thought for sure that the SS was going to be named Monte Carlo before they gave it the crappy name they did, which was the most poorly named vehicle in Chevy history

WBody 01-12-2017 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 699193)
It'll probably be the Malibu. I thought for sure that the SS was going to be named Monte Carlo before they gave it the crappy name they did, which was the most poorly named vehicle in Chevy history

Chevrolet SSR? :rotfl:

I hadn't heard anything but I don't follow Nascar much. What's the deal with the SS/why retire it? Agreed, the name is cold and uninspiring.

Griffindor 01-12-2017 01:57 PM

It's going out of production after the 2017 model year. By NASCAR rules you can't race a car that is not in production. To get very specific I believe the rule technically states a manufacturer most make no fewer than 500 models available for the public to buy to be eligible to run that model in NASCAR.

Sidestreet 01-15-2017 12:22 PM

Probably safe to say it'll be the Impala again.

WBody 01-15-2017 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Griffindor (Post 699209)
It's going out of production after the 2017 model year. By NASCAR rules you can't race a car that is not in production. To get very specific I believe the rule technically states a manufacturer most make no fewer than 500 models available for the public to buy to be eligible to run that model in NASCAR.

Good to know and that makes sense.

SupplySgt 01-24-2017 10:23 AM

If I had to guess, the Impala nameplate will return. That's the Chevy equivalent to the Camry and Fusion, so I don't imagine the Malibu being used.

06mistreSS 02-16-2017 11:51 AM

The Malibu is more of an equivalent to the Fusion and Camry as they're all in the mid-size segment. The Impala is a segment up. I could see GM completely redesigning the Impala for the 2018 model year and that being used BUT I could see either the Malibu or Impala being used.

Hiroska 02-19-2017 11:43 PM

Not the camaro? I couldn't see the impala being in nascar...not the way it is now, they would have to introduce a new engine to it or take the Ss v8 and put it in the impala I would imagine...I want a SS lol