NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Hendricks at it again!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Hendricks at it again!!

exactly, 04, they were talking about that last night on tv that the area they're getting in trouble for isn't even measured or in the rule book, so in sense there should be no fine

Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

Playing with any gray area
Nascar has said from the start, DO NOT PLAY WITH THE CAR.....
Chad got caught last year playing with the gray area,
I hope NASCAR NOT ONLY FINES HIM, BUT MAKES CHAD SIT OUT
FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR......
Both Chad and Steve have admit that they pushed the area that they should not have done it

Chad has been know to mess with this area.....
He was fined, suspended and warned last year.....
I think NASCAR NEEDS TO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE THE ***** TO MAKE HIM SIT OUT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.....
HE DIDN'T PLAY WITH THE CAR. This wasn't being measured and there still aren't any rules against what they did. It's like posting a sign on a gymnastics floor that says no horseing around and then laying down a fine for the gymnast doing a cartwheel during competition.

Last year was another innovative idea. I applaud him on both accounts. That previous one with the window adding more downforce was a bit on the dark grey area, but was still a great idea.

I honestly beleive that the mentallity of "Don't play with the car" is actually a huge mistake. It's that kind of mentallity that have the Big 3 eating Toyoda's dust in the corporate world.

Do you really think that stiffling innovation is a good idea?

We all might has well go back to DOS and unplug the internet then....

Old 06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

very well said 04

Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM

Here is an artical I just found.......
Its not my words...... So dont hold me against it
But I do have to agree with the writer. If it was Tony's team ect.

Solution to cheating: Suspend drivers?
By JENNA FRYER, AP Auto Racing Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20070625T210433Z"));
Mon Jun 25, 5:04 PM
When six crew members were thrown out of the Daytona 500 for cheating it was suggested that NASCAR start suspending drivers as part of the penalty process.
Jimmie Johnson was aghast at the idea.
The defending Nextel Cup champion said he has no idea what crew chief Chad Knaus does while building his race cars. And even if Johnson were privy to such information, he has no control in how his Chevrolets are constructed.
Johnson's defense is at the very core of why NASCAR should start suspending its drivers. Benching the star of the team would force him to take responsibility for his crew.
Nothing else is working.
Johnson and teammate Jeff Gordon both showed up in Sonoma, Calif., with cars that failed initial inspection, and NASCAR refused to let them on the track Friday. But they still were allowed to race Sunday, and crew chiefs Knaus and Steve Letarte were both on site to guide their drivers to decent finishes. Gordon finished seventh and Johnson 17th.
Now they wait and wonder what further punishment NASCAR will impose. Penalties are traditionally issued on Tuesdays.
``All of us are blown away and we don't know what's coming next,' Gordon said. ``We are at the mercy of NASCAR and I hope they are light on us, but who knows?'
That there's any doubt in what the penalties will be stems from decades of inconsistency when it comes to enforcing the rules and doling out the punishment.
Cheating has long been celebrated as a quaint piece of NASCAR culture that even has its own slogan - ``If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin.' There's long been a blurry territory of what is flagrant, what is working the margins of the rule book and what is a simple mistake.
Hendrick Motorsports is using that defense following this latest infraction, with team owner Rick Hendrick contending his crew chiefs were working within a ``gray area' of the rule book.
``I don't necessarily say they bent the rules - I think they thought they were working inside an area in which they could,' Hendrick said. ``It's going to be tough, as we go forward, on what's intentional and what's accidental and how they handle it, so you're definitely going to have to show up with these things measured up.'
Here's the issue the Hendrick guys aren't understanding: There is no ``gray area' anymore.
NASCAR is pretty serious about its new Car of Tomorrow, and has made it clear it won't tolerate any alterations in its design. In fact, series officials distributed a memo before the car debuted in March that outlined the penalties teams would be subjected to if they were caught messing with the COT.
So it was no surprise to anyone, Hendrick teams included, when Dale Earnhardt Jr. was docked 100 points and crew chief Tony Eury Jr. was suspended six weeks and fined $100,000 when their COT failed a May inspection.
The Hendrick teams most likely will get the same punishment - although some argue Knaus' past infractions should warrant a much stiffer penalty because anything short of what Earnhardt and Eury received would seem unfair.
Problem is, it's probably not enough to even dent the Hendrick juggernaut.
Even after a 100-point penalty, Gordon would still be leading the Nextel Cup standings by 171 points. Johnson would drop from third to fifth. The monetary fines are irrelevant, and Hendrick proved last year it can overcome the absence of a crew chief when Johnson won twice during Knaus' four-race suspension.
And, don't think for a minute that Knaus and Letarte won't spend their free weekends back at the Hendrick compound making sure their program is locked and loaded for when the Chase for the championship begins in Septembe

Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

see now that doesn't make sense at all, that would be like firing your from your job for something your co-worker did that you had nothing to do with

Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM

I understand thatevery teamhas to follow the rules of NASCAR,
but I think that they would have to have proof that
the driver of the team had direct knowledge of the violation
that was found,
for the driver to receive a penalty.
It would be like you receiving a ticket for your wife/girlfriend
speeding in your car. You had knowledge that you car could
go over the speed limit, but yet you let her drive it.
Should you be cited & receive a penalty for her speeding in your
car ? Maybe NASCAR will have to install Camera's in all
the Team Garages : ) They have the money 2 do it.
Or assign NASCAR Investigators to monitor the teams 7/24.
I think NASCAR is just try'in to slow down the HENRICK's
organization, because they have become so dominate in NASCAR.
Are they look'in at every Team the Same.
Makes 4 an interesting debate, but really what the hell does
that SpaceKid know : )
Just my 69 cents.
Peace - Out
Thous shall no Cheat

Old 06-26-2007, 02:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Sooooo.....The latest controversy mentioned during the race yesterday is that the Johnson and Gordon teams never mentioned their mods to the Mears team.

The anouncers were implying that they didn't want the Mears team to know thus alienating the Mears team for unknown reasons.

Is there division in the Hendricks camp?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 PM

The way that was explained Sunday night was

Since the 24 and 48 team is pretty much in the chase and the 5 and 25 are not
is the reason why the 24 and 48 did what they did. I they afford to loose points
where the two teams can not. It was not that they did not want the 5 and 25 to
know about what was going. I think they knew and was told not to do it.

Space as far as your wife/girl friend ect getting a speeding ticket in your, dont come
up here to the Metro DC area. They have hidden cameras that are not only used to take pic's of
tag as run thru a red light but also have cameras in areas that will take pics when you speed,
they will send the ticket to the car owner since they do not know who was driving at the car at the time.

Nascar made it clear and to the point.....
DONT MESS WITH THE CAR, NO MORE GRAY AREA......
AND AS NORMAL HENDRICKS GUYS STEPPED OVER THE LINE......
AND EVEN ADMITTED THEY KNEW THEY WERE WRONG......

Old 06-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Well here it is

I can Steve getting this, But for Chad it should have been doubled

Gordon, Johnson docked 100 points for violations
Crew chiefs Letarte, Knaus suspended for six races
By Official Release
June 26, 2007
03:55 PM EDT[/align][/align] [/align]type size: +[/b]-[/b][/align]
var clickExpire = "-1";

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the No. 24 and No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports teams that compete in the Nextel Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found this past weekend at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.
Both cars -- the No. 24 driven by Jeff Gordon and the No. 48 driven by Jimmie Johnson -- were found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); 20-2.1E (parts or components of the car not previously approved by NASCAR that have been installed or modified to enhance aerodynamic performance will not be permitted); and 20-2H (fenders may not be cut or altered except for wheel or tire clearance which must be approved by the Series Director) of the 2007 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during the initial inspection process last Friday.
As a result, Gordon and Johnson have each been penalized 100 driver championship points. Their respective crew chiefs -- Steve Letarte and Chad Knaus -- have each been fined $100,000, suspended for the next six Nextel Cup Series events until Aug. 15 and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2007.
In addition, Rick Hendrick, owner of the No. 24, has been penalized 100 car owner championship points as has Gordon, who is the owner of the No. 48[/align]

Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member

the big thing is how come jr was allowed to qualify when he did this stuff????

thats what i dont get, gordon and johnson were not allowed to qualify where jr was, i thought nascar said they wanted to be consistent, doesn't sound like ti to me.

gordon and johnson got all their fines and points deducted now, and i wouldnt be suprised if they argue it, but they wont get anywhere, i think nascar has to be more specific on there rule's and punishments, they're just pulling these things out of their a$$'s in my opinion, eury jr was only suspended for 4 races was he not??and how can you fine someone for rules that dont exist and just keep adding charges??

i can understand one fine or the other, but not both, they should have been allowed to qualify, or they should have not got the points...one or the other, not both...nascar is not being too consistent here, but then again when have they ever

Quick Reply: Hendricks at it again!!