Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Do you like NASCAR ? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/do-you-like-nascar-19575/)

Black Bowtie 03-23-2010 09:38 PM

I remember seeing my first NASCAR race on tv. That was the one with Cale and Bobby fighting. I was hooked. For years I would faithfully watch it every weekend. Now.... I listen to it more than I watch it. I have a tendancy to nap when it's on.

After Sr was killed, it kind of made me disinterested. I liked watching him race....And then when Toyota came into the sport, that made me mad. When the wing came into play......forget it. I hate that thing. Looking forward to the spoilers comeback, maybe they can race bumper to bumper again. Now that.... I like. If not....well then.....I'll nap.

I like the NHRA. I've been to a couple of races in Seattle. That experience for me is......I can hardly describe it.......the sound, the pressure of the cars on your body, the feeling of the ground shaking as they fly past......the smell of the rubber and the nitro......lol I'm ready for the NW Nationals.....

SpinEm_90 03-23-2010 10:00 PM

Like I said earlier I watch it all the time but when Toyota came into the picture, needless to say that pissed me off beyond belief (especially when tony stewart was one of "them"). Now I'm back into it more, been watching it for as long as I can remember. I also like NHRA, & of course dirt track racing =D still praying that I'll be able to do that again this year

Black Bowtie 03-23-2010 10:18 PM

We went to dirt track once down in Albany....years ago....a midget race. First time we'd gone to a dirt track and I remember we found a good place to sit, nobody was sitting there, on a corner with lots of room. LOL took a couple of laps and getting pelted with dirt before we knew why. I'm sure the regulars were laughing at us. I know we were.

nascar43 03-23-2010 10:21 PM

nascar

I have always been a fan of Stock Car Racing ( NASCAR ) since I saw my first race ( actually highlights ) with Petty and Pearson battling it out. I have been hooked since then. Sadly.....:( the sport has changed. I loved it back in the 80's when D.W. and Wallace ( :mad: ) were rivals with a young upstart by the name of Earnhardt was coming up. That was real racing then. The cars were still pretty stock but safe and fun to watch. Now....it's just follow the leader and who will beat the 48 team.
I like J.Johnson but it just gets old. I think the key for NASCAR to remain popular is for Dale Jr. to start winning again. It's just a fact. The sport needs their overated most popular driver to win and I'm a Jr. fan saying that ! :eek: Stop bringing up these tooo young kids to drive too soon ! Kyle Busch, Kesolowski , Lagano etc...etc...
NASCAR should let the teams skirt around the grey area a bit more. It's just to much like IROC out there. Maybe shorten the laps for the Superspeedways ? Too much Coporate sponsorship also.The sport has out grown it self to a degree.
Go back to ESPN full time and get rid of Digger and that other stupid stuff. Coca-Cola should've stepped in as the overall sponsor.
It's a solid company and everyone can relate to it.
Sprint Nextel Cup series What ?
Jr. Save us !

SpinEm_90 03-23-2010 10:29 PM

See I liked Junior for a bit but I was extremely pissed whenever he went to his dad's rival company. Yes I lovee Hendrick but I think Junior was such a sell out to go there & not to Childress. I understand why he left his dad's team but why not go ot the team his dad raced on? idk Junior just makes me soo angry on so many levels unfortunately. & on the young racers, not all young racers are bad, I would freakin murder to have a chance at NASCAR but itll never happen bcuz I'm not rich enough or dont have the "name" =[

SpinEm_90 03-23-2010 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Black Bowtie (Post 211476)
We went to dirt track once down in Albany....years ago....a midget race. First time we'd gone to a dirt track and I remember we found a good place to sit, nobody was sitting there, on a corner with lots of room. LOL took a couple of laps and getting pelted with dirt before we knew why. I'm sure the regulars were laughing at us. I know we were.

lol! yeahhh that happens =D but its all sorts of fun, especially went winged sprints or late models are involved. i race the street stock class so i'm not quite as fast but its still bunches of fun & i miss it soooo much!

monte carlo 3831 03-23-2010 10:52 PM

I'll say this, Jr will race a year or two more with hendrick motorsports then go to RCR and drive the #3 black monte and then he will retire, just what I think.. but if he ever drives a toyota I will die, and I guarantee his dad will be rolling over in his grave!!!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=2864

SpinEm_90 03-23-2010 10:53 PM

yeahh idk. i just dont think junior is the same racer as his dad unfortunately =[

Black Bowtie 03-23-2010 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by nascar43 (Post 211480)
I have always been a fan of Stock Car Racing ( NASCAR ) since I saw my first race ( actually highlights ) with Petty and Pearson battling it out. I have been hooked since then. Sadly.....:( the sport has changed. I loved it back in the 80's when D.W. and Wallace ( :mad: ) were rivals with a young upstart by the name of Earnhardt was coming up. That was real racing then. The cars were still pretty stock but safe and fun to watch. Now....it's just follow the leader and who will beat the 48 team.
I like J.Johnson but it just gets old. I think the key for NASCAR to remain popular is for Dale Jr. to start winning again. It's just a fact. The sport needs their overated most popular driver to win and I'm a Jr. fan saying that ! :eek: Stop bringing up these tooo young kids to drive too soon ! Kyle Busch, Kesolowski , Lagano etc...etc...
NASCAR should let the teams skirt around the grey area a bit more. It's just to much like IROC out there. Maybe shorten the laps for the Superspeedways ? Too much Coporate sponsorship also.The sport has out grown it self to a degree.
Go back to ESPN full time and get rid of Digger and that other stupid stuff. Coca-Cola should've stepped in as the overall sponsor.
It's a solid company and everyone can relate to it.
Sprint Nextel Cup series What ?
Jr. Save us !

NASCAR definately needs to go back to its roots. Was much better when it was actually "stock" cars and they could actually beat and bang on each other. IMO, Digger is one of the worst gimmicks they ever came up with.

Space 03-24-2010 06:10 AM

:rolleyes:
Thanks `Member's for your input/post.
It's great to read what our member's are thinking
about and `if we should keep this section on the MCF.

NASCAR has become a corporation = $'s
The cars have become cookie cutter race cars :(
I admire the talent of the driver's and the teams,
but it is not the same as it was in the good old days :eek::D

I love seeing cars & driver's compete, but going
around in circles for 500 miles can get boring :(

I think 100 mile all `out rac'in would be more interesting.
I really liked IROC racing better, and would love
to see Stock cars like the Camaro, Mustang, Challenger's,
etc, get set up race ready & go for `it : )
More Road Racing Courses like the Glen
"2 dare 2 `dream"

Camaro Fights Mustang and Challenger - Muscle ...
4 min 17 sec - Mar 23, 2009
www.youtube.com

2010 Chevy Camaro SS vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT ...
6 min - May 28, 2009
www.youtube.com

Challenger Drag Race! - SE vs R/T vs SRT8. 687089 views .... Camaro Fights Mustang and Challenger - Muscle Car Comparison Added to. Quicklist4:17 ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g - Cached - Similar

Thanks again for your input/posts.