Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Cup Picks/Texas/Sunday Afternoon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/cup-picks-texas-sunday-afternoon-50865/)

Cowboy6622 10-27-2014 07:44 PM

Cup Picks/Texas/Sunday Afternoon

time to do the Texas Two-Step to Fort Worth, TX! It's a tight, fast, and sometimes exciting 1.5 miler that stole Rockingham's fall race date.

For more information, see "Frances Ferko 500" in google search.

Basically, Ferko was a stakeholder in Texas when the track opened, and was promised two cup races a year. When he only had one from 1997-2003, he sued NASCAR under copyright law, leading to a settlement out of court with NASCAR giving up race dates for both Darlington and Rockingham, plus seeing California pick up an undeserved second date on labor day weekend.

That still pisses me off. The movement of NASCAR to 1.5 mile cookie cutters and away from unique tracks that offered different challenges like North Wilkesboro (which was bought by Bruton Smith for Texas New Hampshire to get race dates), plus Rockingham and Darlington.... just screwball.

Anywho, I must throw out congratulations to JuniorCar Brent. You have no idea what I went though to hopefully get your trophy to you in, what hte USPS estimates, will be 7 days. For one, I had to fill out the customs slip, which I didn't know your last name for. It is simply addressed to "JuniorCar" Brent. I didn't knwo your last name, so I just put mine down, so we're brothers!! (USPS lady insisted I needed a real name, for something this small I hope it don't come back). Then I had to declare what the item was and its value for customs!! HAS ANYONE HERE EVER VALUED A DRINK COOZIE????? I had to declare what it was and put a value on. I quickly wrote $1 before she could say anything on that.

Then I had to pay them $6.65!!

I hope the trophy reaches you soundly, Brent.

Congrats as well to Blazed SS for continuing to lead the points, and if he can walk out of Texas with 267 points, he will be the champ. Otherwise, the "official" clinch goes on to Phoenix or MAYBE Homestead, but I doubt we get that far.

He does only hold an 11 point lead on the Segment though.

So off to Texas, where I have to go with....

1) Joey Logano
2) Brad Keselowski, back in the underdog chair, and loudly booed at Martinsville!
3) Carl Edwards, one of his best tracks and I hope he goes out well on it!

JuniorCar 10-28-2014 06:46 AM

Well, I really appreciate all the effort Duane. Through the whole thing. I still really impressed that you thought to photo it with the burnout - I would have never thought of that! I also would have thought put a coozie in an envelop with a stamp would have done the job. Postal Service in Canada sucks too - they are now phasing out door-to-door delivery.

I'm going back to my standard picks. Jr is going to get really hot now and win the rest of the races to embarrass NASCAR and there nutty new Championship format.

1. Dale Jr
2. Brad K
3. Joey Logano

I expect Newman will win the Championship winless and finishing 8th at Homestead (one of his best finishes this year).

STUMPMI 10-28-2014 09:09 AM

Cowboy6622 10-28-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 634889)
Well, I really appreciate all the effort Duane. Through the whole thing. I still really impressed that you thought to photo it with the burnout - I would have never thought of that!

That's what being cold sober can do for you! I also didn't know they actually make 1/64 versions of the Dale Goonyer Daytona win car - several souvenir tents had them for $8. I almost bought one. Then I didn't.

I did pick up a Brad Keselowski 1/24 Las Vegas win version car. However, I did this after the race at a tent. The BK hauler didn't even have the white diecast, much less the Vegas win. The tent did. Figure that out. Should have picked it up before and layed it on the track surface like that Goonyer coozie and maybe the axle would have lasted!

Blazed SS 10-28-2014 09:56 AM

JuniorCar 10-28-2014 01:09 PM

I got me one of those white BK cars at MIS, but not the vegas win one. I also had to get it from the tents, which is better (no tax, negotiable price)

02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS 10-29-2014 09:07 AM

dale jr
Jeff Gordon
Brad Keselowski

SSmeansSuperSexy 10-30-2014 10:46 AM

Harvick
Logano
Jr

zjerry 10-30-2014 07:01 PM

Here's my picks..

1) Dale Earnhardt Jr
2) Brad Keselowski
3) Jeff Gordon

SupplySgt 10-31-2014 03:55 AM

Dale Jr
Harvick
Gordon

I'm way behind on the Nationwide thread. Sorry guys. I'll have it up in a few minutes.