Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Cup Picks/Homestead/Sun Afternoon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/cup-picks-homestead-sun-afternoon-51036/)

Cowboy6622 11-10-2014 11:03 AM

Cup Picks/Homestead/Sun Afternoon

For one more time in 2014, we have to pull those belts a little bit tighter, grab that wheel a little more firmly, and get rolling for one more trophy!

The overall points are settled, congratule BlazedSS Keith for winning that thing a week early, the first time in 4 years that has been done!

Also, congratulate butch049 for winning at Phoenix.

I don't know if you guys are aware, but a lot of people are selling thier tickets to Homestead in disqust about this new championship format that allowed Denny Hamster and 'Recking Ryan Newman to make it to the championship battle.

As the commissioner of the league, I'm always glad when this time of the year rolls around. I enjoy the competition and the commaraderie, but it does wear on you doing this all year. It's going to be bittersweet as always to wrap up another year. But Daytona isn't all that far away really...

I guess I got to go with...

1) Joey Logano, the big upset by beating out 8th place Ryan Newman for the title.
2) Brad Keselowski, to get one more big one before a all but career year in 2014 comes to a close.
3) Carl Edwards, Jack Roush, and Jimmy Fennig get one last good run together.

Cowboy6622 11-11-2014 06:50 PM

.... is there a boycott going on that I don't know of?

.... is everyone just so depressed that Denny Hamster and 'Recking Ryan made it that they just dont' even want to race this week?

JuniorCar 11-11-2014 07:17 PM

Newman making it this far is a real sham. But he might as well drive a nail through this won and win the Championship - finishing 8th. He is hardly a worthy enough competitor to deserve to keep his ride! He's winless - only 4 top 5's and 15 top 10's. So I'm not making it up - two-thirds of the races, Newman has failed to even finish in the top 10. Not just does he not win, he doesn't even run well - let alone finish well. Newman has lead only 41 laps this year.

Anyways, I'll pick who I always do

1. Dale Jr
2. Joey Logano
3. Brad K

So that means Joey for the Championship!

Cowboy6622 11-12-2014 05:29 PM

Usually 5 people have picked by now... did I offend somebody?

JuniorCar 11-12-2014 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today to bring Jr good luck this weekend!

Attachment 24671

Thanks again Duane! The certificate is a nice touch and I'm going to use it. I'm not done with this yet. I'll mount/ frame it with the pics and certificate too. This will be a family heirloom!

Blazed SS 11-13-2014 01:02 AM

Space 11-13-2014 07:02 AM

My Contribution to Duane's MCF NASCAR Thread

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/hZ...03cd2b521e6acd
Sprint Cup championship brings out verbal warfare <Click

Staring blankly ahead with Denny Hamlin to his immediate right and Joey Logano and Ryan Newman on his left, Kevin Harvick wasted little time beginning the verbal warfare Wednesday night in the ballroom of a Miami area hotel. When the group was collectively asked how teammates may factor in the championship finale Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Harvick answered for Logano, who had served as the wingman for teammate Brad Keselowski last month at Talladega Superspeedway. "I thought you were going to say you were going to send Brad out to be a moving chicane like you were at Talladega," Harvick said.

SB Nation q

Cowboy6622 11-13-2014 07:14 AM

Brent, glad to see it didn't get held up in Customs too long... hope it didn't lose it's luck somewhere along the way!

Now when they release the Dale Goonyer Martinsville win car, you'll have to pick one up and put that in your Dale Call Can Coozie shrine as well!

Hopefully some more picks show up or Brent, Keith, and myself are going to take 1-2-3 in this segment pretty easily....

STUMPMI 11-13-2014 01:19 PM

Might as well stay with the picks I have had for the last cpl months...
Why change now? :rotfl:

Just got my laptop back up and running..and I absolutely hate accessing the forum via my phone...

Congrats Keith on winning the Championship..:thumbsup:

See ya next season...
If we don't become fulltimers camping over the winter..

Cowboy6622 11-13-2014 05:25 PM

Brent, I noticed you changed the logo in your siggy for that race..... I think I recognize that background.

Let me know if you need some more high-res versions of those photos. The Samsung Galaxy S5 takes 16 megapixel pictures!