Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Any MCF members going to the Duck Commander 500? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/any-mcf-members-going-duck-commander-500-a-48165/)

phuntley 04-04-2014 03:30 AM

Any MCF members going to the Duck Commander 500?

Taking my daughter to Texas Motor Speedway Sunday to see the race! Our first NASCAR race live! Any tips on the place would be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

JuniorCar 04-04-2014 05:33 AM

Lucky!

No, I have never been to TMS and it is high on my list now. But its a far one for me. These cookie cutter tracks are not always an exciting race, but Texas seems to do okay. I usually find it worth it to rent a FanVision, but the race is easier to follow on the mile-and-a-half tracks so its not totally necessary.

You are going to get to see Jr win a race live, which I haven't been fortunate enough to be part of yet...

phuntley 04-04-2014 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 607226)
Lucky!

No, I have never been to TMS and it is high on my list now. But its a far one for me. These cookie cutter tracks are not always an exciting race, but Texas seems to do okay. I usually find it worth it to rent a FanVision, but the race is easier to follow on the mile-and-a-half tracks so its not totally necessary.

You are going to get to see Jr win a race live, which I haven't been fortunate enough to be part of yet...

I read they are building the largest big screen anywhere, and our seats are up high, so I think we'll be able to see well....It would be cool to see Jr win here, he's really popular down here.....

JuniorCar 04-04-2014 06:40 AM

Junior is most definitely popular everywhere!

STUMPMI 04-04-2014 06:52 AM

Fan vision is a must on a track like Indy...
Been there done that.:thumbsup:

However,
I have been fortunate to see Jr win.. That was when he won at MIS! (Michigan International Speedway.)

We also partied with Then furniture row driver Regan Smith and the Team that whole week while we camped out at the track at Graves Farms Campgrounds.

Which now he (Regan Smith) is 1 of Jr's drivers for the Nationwide series.

I have a sister that lives in Texas... But unlike me..She isn't a NASCAR fan.. Maybe one of these years I too will be able to attend a race there!

There is a Nascar members club..that you can join at the track... its free!
some of the perks... you get to get into the pits for free... or you may end up riding in the pace car for the race.. you can also end up in the VIP area for driver introductions... So get there early and take it all in!:thumbsup:

Enjoy the race!

phuntley 04-04-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 607247)
Fan vision is a must on a track like Indy...
Been there done that.:thumbsup:

However,
I have been fortunate to see Jr win.. That was when he won at MIS! (Michigan International Speedway.)

We also partied with Then furniture row driver Regan Smith and the Team that whole week while we camped out at the track at Graves Farms Campgrounds.

Which now he (Regan Smith) is 1 of Jr's drivers for the Nationwide series.

I have a sister that lives in Texas... But unlike me..She isn't a NASCAR fan.. Maybe one of these years I too will be able to attend a race there!

There is a Nascar members club..that you can join at the track... its free!
some of the perks... you get to get into the pits for free... or you may end up riding in the pace car for the race.. you can also end up in the VIP area for driver introductions... So get there early and take it all in!:thumbsup:

Enjoy the race!

Wow! Thanks for that advice - the pit passes are a bit much on top of tickets, gas and food....so here's hoping. Man, riding in the pace car would be out of this world!

Hope ya can make it someday and we can have a row of Montes in the lot!:congrats:

02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS 04-04-2014 09:28 AM

most tracks do not let you in the pits without a hot pit pass from nascar, if the lights outside the gates are blinking you cannot get into the garage area. so 30 minutes before engines fire in the garage and 30 minutes after the engines are shut down in the garage with a track pit pass which isnt really a pit pass at all if you ask me, cold pit passes from nascar are the same way but you can actually be in the garage with the drivers unlike most track pit passes. that's the way all tracks have been that i have been to. most track pit passes allow you within a fenced in area and around their victory lane but not into the actual victory lane, you have to have a special pass for that as well.

im fortunate enough to have connections so i get hot pit passes for every sprint cup race i am able to go to, which is one a year. if you were to buy the pit passes from nascar for hot pit passes you are looking at close to $1000 a pit pass.

last year at Chicago i was in the driver owner motor home lot, it was pretty cool, you can't ask for autographs or pictures within the motor home lot but you can say hi and talk to the drivers and stuff while they are walking back to their motor home or to their motor home. this also requires a special sticker on your pit pass.

Griffindor 04-04-2014 03:27 PM

My race advice? Bring your own food and drinks if you can. They love to charge a ton at tracks. You can only bring in certain size coolers most people use soft coolers. Obviously no glass bottles allowed. I usually bring a clear backpack in with me and put whatever I need in there. Most tracks only allow clear backpacks. Ear plugs are a must. Try and bring a scanner if you can or a radio headset that lets you listen to Mrn or Prn. Lastly leave several hours early if you don't then you will park who knows where. Try and take back ways into a track to avoid traffic. I also usually chill out for about 30 mins in the stands after a race then walk to my car in the hopes of traffic having already left. Have fun!!!!! Go Jr!!!!

phuntley 04-05-2014 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Griffindor (Post 607352)
My race advice? Bring your own food and drinks if you can. They love to charge a ton at tracks. You can only bring in certain size coolers most people use soft coolers. Obviously no glass bottles allowed. I usually bring a clear backpack in with me and put whatever I need in there. Most tracks only allow clear backpacks. Ear plugs are a must. Try and bring a scanner if you can or a radio headset that lets you listen to Mrn or Prn. Lastly leave several hours early if you don't then you will park who knows where. Try and take back ways into a track to avoid traffic. I also usually chill out for about 30 mins in the stands after a race then walk to my car in the hopes of traffic having already left. Have fun!!!!! Go Jr!!!!

Great advice! I have my cooler and umbrella ready lol! Ear plugs, check! What is Mrn and Prn? We're going to get there WAY too early so we can avoid traffic, and I also provisionally have Monday off too if it gets bumped...:O)

johnniep 04-12-2014 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
once you go to one you're hooked....in 2 weeks we drive to charlotte for a month for all the series....bummer they changed darlington this year to april i wanted that one...might leave earlier to pick up the richmond race...november we fly to Phoenix for the race