Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   >2014 NASCAR Coke Zero 400 Multi Car Crash(Whose Fault)<? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/2014-nascar-coke-zero-400-multi-car-crash-whose-fault-49527/)

BeachBumMike 07-07-2014 11:29 AM

>2014 NASCAR Coke Zero 400 Multi Car Crash(Whose Fault)<?

Hi MCF NASCAR Fans,

Had a big debate in the employee's break room this
morning on who caused the Big Wreck
in yesterdays Race.:confused::mad::(:eek::wtf::mad::confused:

Who do you think caused it ?
What did you think of the Race ?
Florida Weather didn't help much,
but there was a new Winner from Florida :eek::thumbsup:
Below are 2 highlight vid's to view.
Look 4ward to your thoughts/opinions.
Thanks

p.s.
Thanks 2 NASCAR Administrator CowBoy Duane
for his time & dedication 2 the MCF :thumbsup:

TomF106SS 07-07-2014 04:26 PM

of the 2 big wrecks, 17 caused the first one. (and that took out my 48 :(

in the last big one, 16 hit 5. but 5 was backing off the 13 who was too slow and shoulda got out of the way.

IMHO. :)

drivernumber3 07-07-2014 04:52 PM

Well.............................

Originally Posted by SpaceRider (Post 621186)
Hi MCF NASCAR Fans,

Had a big debate in the employee's break room this
morning on who caused the Big Wreck
in yesterdays Race.:confused::mad::(:eek::wtf::mad::confused:

Who do you think caused it ?
What did you think of the Race ?
Florida Weather didn't help much,
but there was a new Winner from Florida :eek::thumbsup:
Below are 2 highlight vid's to view.
Look 4ward to your thoughts/opinions.
Thanks

p.s.
Thanks 2 NASCAR Administrator CowBoy Duane
for his time & dedication 2 the MCF :thumbsup:

According to State Farm!!
They all are Guilty!!:rotfl:
Following vehicles too closely is the primary cause of rear end crashes.
The following guidelines should assist you in maintaining a safe following distance. The minimum following distance in dry, sunny driving conditions is the “three second plus” rule of thumb.
When the vehicle in front of you passes a stationary object begin counting. At a minimum, you should reach the same object no sooner than three seconds after the vehicle in front of you…four seconds is even better - :rotfl:
See more at:
Teaching a Teen to Drive | Being a Role Model | Following Distance | State Farm

Actually when you get in that big of a crowd and a few guys are out of control this is going to happen. The further to the Front you are (LEADER) the better off you are. These guys should have a bit more practice than this also, that's why I like the Race on Saturday then win on Sunday thing.
They know this is going to happen and they weren't thinking, and got out of shape and it's a chain reaction deal. Now they got all them Basket cases. :rotfl:
You can point your finger at (one or 2) but then you see these guys Jinking around, when you are driving near 200 miles per hour and following that close, even the younger drivers reaction times are reduced. Then when they sit around for rain delays it makes it worse.
However I am still reviewing the details of the race.

My cable at the Hotel went out during this event and didn't get it back till later after it was over. (:()

drivernumber3 07-07-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 621231)
According to State Farm!!
They all are Guilty!!:rotfl:
Following vehicles too closely is the primary cause of rear end crashes.
The following guidelines should assist you in maintaining a safe following distance. The minimum following distance in dry, sunny driving conditions is the “three second plus” rule of thumb.
When the vehicle in front of you passes a stationary object begin counting. At a minimum, you should reach the same object no sooner than three seconds after the vehicle in front of you…four seconds is even better - :rotfl:
See more at:
Teaching a Teen to Drive | Being a Role Model | Following Distance | State Farm

Actually when you get in that big of a crowd and a few guys are out of control this is going to happen. The further to the Front you are (LEADER) the better off you are. These guys should have a bit more practice than this also, that's why I like the Race on Saturday then win on Sunday thing.
They know this is going to happen and they weren't thinking, and got out of shape and it's a chain reaction deal. Now they got all them Basket cases. :rotfl:
You can point your finger at (one or 2) but then you see these guys Jinking around, when you are driving near 200 miles per hour and following that close, even the younger drivers reaction times are reduced. Then when they sit around for rain delays it makes it worse.
However I am still reviewing the details of the race.

My cable at the Hotel went out during this event and didn't get it back till later after it was over. (:()

17 caused the first one. Tony got hit by the 24 and he made it around damaged the 88 so he couldn't go back to back.:thumbsup:

in the last big one, 16 hit 5. but 5 was backing off the rest of the Crowd lost control and created a 200 mph junk yard. Any way they were driving with to many rookie's. The only thing we are missing is the Original Crash test Dummy Michael Waltrip???? Where the heck was he?
:rotfl::congrats:

BeachBumMike 07-08-2014 06:24 AM

>Thanks Guys<

:rolleyes::thumbsup:...Thanks Tom & Dale for your posts :thumbsup: & how your seen it. I didn't get to watch the race (just the recaps)...

The guys @ work are still debating whose @ fault & comments about the race & how it was...

I think it was >_________>Fault (lol) ?
Peace/Out

TomF106SS 07-08-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider (Post 621265)
The guys @ work are still debating whose @ fault & comments about the race & how it was...

Those wrecks are gonna happen at the drafting style tracks.
I don't like it because it's too much of a crap shoot. It's not real racing.
Shouldn't the best and/or fastest win? In a fair race, yes.
But that's not the case at Daytona or Talledega.
Lucky. Right place right time. By Chance?
None of these should have anything to do with a fair race.
And don't get me started on the danger. We all miss Dale Sr. and it's just luck we haven't killed more. Then there are the fans who get hurt with cars hitting fences...

I think they should take the banks out. Run flat-track. They'd have to slow down for corners and accelerate for the straights. Like real racing.

IMHO ;)

BeachBumMike 07-08-2014 09:25 AM

Thanks 2 all that posted>Shared. Wanta Race ?

Originally Posted by TomF106SS (Post 621284)
Those wrecks are gonna happen at the drafting style tracks.
I don't like it because it's too much of a crap shoot. It's not real racing.
Shouldn't the best and/or fastest win? In a fair race, yes.
But that's not the case at Daytona or Talledega.
Lucky. Right place right time. By Chance?
None of these should have anything to do with a fair race.
And don't get me started on the danger. We all miss Dale Sr. and it's just luck we haven't killed more. Then there are the fans who get hurt with cars hitting fences...

I think they should take the banks out. Run flat-track. They'd have to slow down for corners and accelerate for the straights. Like real racing.

IMHO ;)

:rolleyes:
Thanks Tom for posting/sharing :thumbsup:
Very Valid & true points about NASCAR's super speedways.

I get bored watching follow the leaders and not much head to head racing. I prefer to go to the local tracks where they race the complete race & don't worry about gas/pit stops & just get out there & keep the pedal down & `Drive 2 the end `if they are lucky :eek::confused::rotfl:

To me it's turned in2 a Big Money Game run by major corporations & to me they have taken the real pleasure out of watching a race....

I do go to Youtube after the race is over & watch a 5 to 10 minute Recap of the Race...(instead of several or many hours of sitting b-4 a TV)

Just my humble opinion....

OK, counterpoints anyone ? :eek::confused::)

drivernumber3 07-08-2014 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider (Post 621289)
:rolleyes:
Thanks Tom for posting/sharing :thumbsup:
Very Valid & true points about NASCAR's super speedways.

I get bored watching follow the leaders and not much head to head racing. I prefer to go to the local tracks where they race the complete race & don't worry about gas/pit stops & just get out there & keep the pedal down & `Drive 2 the end `if they are lucky :eek::confused::rotfl:

To me it's turned in2 a Big Money Game run by major corporations & to me they have taken the real pleasure out of watching a race....

I do go to Youtube after the race is over & watch a 5 to 10 minute Recap of the Race...(instead of several or many hours of sitting b-4 a TV)

Just my humble opinion....

OK, counterpoints anyone ? :eek::confused::)

I enjoy the Driving at Dayton and Talladega if you can't drive it stay off the track, If you want to see real skill at this track then watch the 2000 Talladega race Dale Sr. came from 17th in 4 laps to win it, that was skill and he was the Master Drafter. Then Dale Jr. Wins 4 in a Row almost 5 until Nascar decided to run 12 Caution laps to let Jeff Gordon win and don't get me wrong I like Jeff. Then he won a 5th race there too. One of the races he pitted 17 times to get the Car right and it had a Black Air Dam when it was over and the 8 on the drivers door looked like a 3. I Also saw a Race at Charlotte in 2000 where Dale Jr. took a Car that had hit the wall and went out and Won the Winston that night not by just a little bit but he passed the 88 Car on the outside (difficult) and roared by for a huge win. He became the first Rookie to ever win the Winston.
There are only about 3 drivers out there that can take a bad car and win with it. The rest of them need a perfect Car to win. None of those drivers have more than 3 Championships. :congrats:
I love the Road Track races at Watkins Glen and Sonoma, And the short tracks are fun because you can drive a Shoe Box there and still be able to win.
The Varity of tracks a great and if you haven't experienced them you should try.
( just a little secret :rotfl: between you'all and me the 48 car will win at least 5 more races before it all ends in November) as long as he has a________ Car! And come November we will have 1 more 7 time champion, We may even have an 8 time someday. :congrats:
Should be fun to watch!:thumbsup:

TomF106SS 07-08-2014 08:43 PM

I've also seen some
Great racing on the drafting tracks. Kyle Busch crashing twice and going on to win was impressive .
Jr. Pushing Jimmie to a win in the tandem racing was impressive
But it's all dangerous as hell. It's like Russian roulette.
Modern day equivalent to the roman coliseum.
I've been to 10 races, Daytona twice.
I preferred the smaller tracks, Bristol and Richmond
Charlotte was impressive watching Jimmie come fr behind

SupplySgt 07-09-2014 04:08 AM

I wish I could have been alive when Bill Elliot pulled off that 212mph qualifying lap at Talledega. From what I've read, that's basically the cause behind restrictor plates right there. With these newer cars though, I don't see any more repeats of Kevin Harvick's impressive slingshot pass in the tri-oval to win Talladega a few years back. He was seemingly the master of that type of maneuver before they made the cars to where that's more or less prevented.

I personally enjoyed the tandem racing. I thought it was fun seeing a pair of cars hook up and run from mid pack all the way to the front if they were able to get loose. I enjoy Watkins Glen, but not so much Sonoma. There aren't near as many ways or chances to pass at Sonoma. I would personally like to see them drop Sonoma and pick up Road America. I would LOVE to see Cup cars race at Road America.

Each track has their quirks that makes it fun to watch. I've only been to races at Kentucky and Nashville (when Nashville was still running Nationwide races). David Green made several passes in the last two or three laps of that race to win it. That was my first race and I was hooked. A few years ago when I was stationed at Fort Knox, MWR gave away tickets to soldiers and their families and I was 8 rows off the track. The left side of my body was black from the rubber flying up but it was a lot of fun.

Now that I'm back in Oklahoma I'd like to go to Texas and Kansas. Once my dad retires in less than three years, we'll probably start going to races together (he took me to my first race in Nashville).