Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   ~ Update Dale Jr. ~ (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/%7E-update-dale-jr-%7E-4390/)

GrandPaDave 09-21-2007 05:23 PM

RE: ~ Update Dale Jr. #8 ~

Just give me good engines!!!!

GrandPaDave 09-22-2007 01:30 AM

Eury Jr. eager to get fresh start at Hendrick Motorsports
DOVER, Del. -- Tony Eury Jr. often felt like the lone wolf at Dale Earnhardt Inc.

If things didn't go well with Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s famous No. 8 machine, he felt there was nowhere to turn for advice, nobody to help him figure out how to get better, nobody to make sure what was a problem one week wouldn't be a problem the next.

That's one reason he can't wait to get to Hendrick Motorsports, where he'll officially move the Monday after the Oct. 7 race at Talladega Superspeedway.

"It's going to be better over there because when something happens, it's going to be addressed," Earnhardt's crew chief said on Friday at Dover International Speedway. "It's some credibility. Somebody is going to take some responsibility.

"There's none of that over there [at DEI]. If we blow up, everybody goes, 'OK, this happened. Let's go to the next one.' Over there, they're going to take care of the problem to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Eury began thinking about an early exit to HMS in June shortly after Earnhardt announced he was going there so he could get a head start on how things work at NASCAR's strongest organization.

The decision became easier after Earnhardt blew his fifth engine of the season three weeks ago at Richmond. That was the third blown engine in eight races, taking NASCAR's most popular driver from a Chase contender to a spectator.

"At Watkins Glen, we over-revved the motor [in practice]," Eury said. "We talked about changing the motor. They said, 'We'll check it out.' … We changed two valve springs. Sometimes you're asking for trouble, and we got it."

There are enough checks and balances to keep that from happening five times at HMS, where Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are tied for the points lead.

There's been only one blown engine -- Casey Mears at Darlington -- this season between four HMS drivers.

"Like that power steering going out at Chicago," Eury said. "There's going to be a guy there going, 'Hey, we need to do away with this pump bearing after two races.' They've got nothing like that over [at DEI]."

The size of the staff alone at HMS will be a step up from DEI.

"We've got a lot of great people at DEI, but their staff is probably doubled," Eury said of Hendrick. "So you've got a lot more people you can put more responsibility on to come up with ideas. The more ideas that are out there, the better you can make the cars run.

"You're not making a decision on your own. You've got three people just as good as you that can help you make those decisions so you don't feel like a lone wolf."

While DEI has spent the past few months reorganizing and growing -- the merger with Ginn Racing took it from a three-car to four-car organization -- Eury said the company may be four years from being as strong as it was with Earnhardt and him.

He's concerned that the No. 1 team of Martin Truex Jr., which is in the Chase, will feel the pressure he has for much of the past eight seasons.

"With Dale Jr. and me leaving, they're losing a lot," he said. "It's a lot more than what they think. A few guys on this team are going to go with me and a few are going other places.

"When you've got two teams running as good as these are and break one down, then you're putting the load back on one again."

Eury plans to take four members of the No. 8 crew with him to

BeachBumMike 10-26-2007 06:59 AM

[align=center]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...ES/D1144_a.jpg[/align][align=center]

Dale Jr. Foundation Launches [/align][align=center]

[align=center]Written by Administrator & `Space [/align]

[align=center]Oct 25, 2007 at 03:41 PM [/align]

Foundation To Focus On Underprivileged And Youth

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (Oct. 25 2007) – NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced the launch of The Dale Jr. Foundation Tuesday night at the eighth annual Dale Jr. Celebrity Sports Auction, held at Founders Hall in Charlotte, N.C. His newly-formed charitable organization is dedicated to giving underprivileged individuals, primarily youth, the resources to improve confidence, education and the opportunity to achieve extraordinary goals.

"My path in life made it a bit easier for me to reach my goals and get to where I am today, but I realize that not everyone is as fortunate," Earnhardt Jr. said. "I’ve had the opportunity to meet some really cool kids through the Make-A-Wish Foundation® the last few years, and it’s made me appreciative of all that I have.

"I decided to start this foundation as a way to help those who haven’t had some of the opportunities I’ve had. We plan to help those in need who are trying to reach their goals and just need someone to give them a chance to succeed."

The announcement came at the conclusion of a yearly event that benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Central and Western North Carolina. The Dale Jr. Foundation will continue to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation® and will also aid the Victory Junction Gang Camp, with the Dale Jr. Celebrity Sports Auction serving as the annual fundraising event for the foundation.

The total amount raised at this year’s Dale Jr. Celebrity Sports Auction will be determined at the conclusion of an 88-day online auction for a custom chopper built by Orange County Choppers. Fans can place bids on the custom-built bike through Dec. 18 by visiting www.celebritysportsauction.com or www.nascar.com . The one-of-a-kind chopper was built exclusively for Earnhardt Jr. as part of the Sunoco/Orange County Choppers Custom Chopper Series and was designed to reflect the red, black and white paint scheme of Earnhardt Jr.’s No. 8 Chevrolet. It has been personally autographed by Earnhardt Jr.

For information on the foundation and ways to contribute, visit
http://www.thedalejrfoundation.org
CREDIT: THE DALE JR. FOUNDATION PR

[align=center]Last Updated ( Oct 25, 2007 at 03:42 PM )[/align][/align]

GrandPaDave 10-27-2007 12:09 AM

Kudos, good for him!!!

LnLSS06 10-27-2007 05:11 AM

roflmao, erm I think I felt a bit of vomit in the back of my throat after reading this. Do you think it took that selfish b long enough to start something like this?

BeachBumMike 10-27-2007 05:20 AM

[align=center]J.R. -Member LnLSS06-[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Better late, then never"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Foundation To Focus On Underprivileged And Youth [/align][align=center](`Space is a Underprivleded Youth : )[/align][align=center]I think `if people would only give as much as they take,[/align][align=center]it would be a much better World to live.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know it may not be like what the Petty's are doing for[/align][align=center]children, but I believe that every little bit helps.[/align][align=center]I was happy to read about Dale `Jr's Foundation.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Kudo's to Dale Jr.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.celebritysportsauction.co...ocoChopper.jpg[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]"To look into your own mirror of life and ask yourself - What am I[/align][align=center]doing to make it better for underprivileged children, or our World?"[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

GrandPaDave 10-29-2007 02:26 PM

Celebrities aremeasured by what they take.

Heroes are measured by what they give.

BeachBumMike 10-29-2007 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Celebrities aremeasured by what they take.

Heroes are measured by what they give.
:eek:Amen, Grandpa `Dave :)I love your quote :eek:
Thank You, `Space

BeachBumMike 11-14-2007 09:00 AM

[align=center]

Buy a brick from Dale Jr. [/align][align=center]

Written by Administrator/Posted by MCF `Space

Nov 14, 2007

JR MOTORSPORTS LAUNCHES CIRCLE OF FANS
Bricks allow fans to leave their mark on JR Motorsports

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 13, 2007) – Just in time for the holiday season JR Motorsports is offering race fans a chance to leave a lasting impression on the headquarters for NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. with the JR Motorsports Circle of Fans.

The Circle of Fans is located outside the entrance to JR Nation, the first-ever retail store exclusive to Earnhardt Jr. and his JR Motorsports brand and home of the “Dale Jr. Fan Experience.” A total of 1,788 4x8-inch bricks make up this special area in front of JR Nation and each brick is customizable with up to two lines of copy with 17 characters on each line.

The bricks are $159.95 each and come with a limited edition 1:24-scale diecast replica of the JR Motorsports No. 17 street stock car – the very first race car fielded by Earnhardt Jr.’s team in 2002. Replica bricks are also available for an additional $39.95 each.

“We’ve had so many visitors at JR Nation who’ve wanted to leave a message for Dale Jr., so we thought the Circle of Fans would provide the perfect opportunity for fans to leave a lasting mark here at JR Motorsports,” said Shannon Reel, JR Nation store manager. “With this special program fans can create their own customized message.

“With the holidays upon us, these personalized bricks make great gifts for the Dale Jr. fan who has everything.”

The bricks are available for purchase in-store at JR Nation and order forms are also up on
www.dalejr.com .

A portion of each purchase benefits the Exchange-SCAN of Iredell County, which fights child abuse through education and awareness training, health and daycare providers, parental aide programs, parental support groups and home-based intervention programs.

For more information on the Circle of Fans, please visit
www.dalejr.com .[/align]

BeachBumMike 12-02-2007 08:35 AM

Dale Earnhardt Jr. most popular
[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Written by Administrator & Empty `Space

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Wins Fifth Consecutive
NASCAR NMPA Chex® Most Popular Driver Award

http://finallapradio.com/images/2007/dale_jr_nyc1.jpg
MINNEAPOLIS (November 29, 2007) – The final race has been run, and the checkered flag has fallen on the NASCAR racing season; but before it was all over, race fans answered the call to vote for their favorite driver. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was voted the 2007 NASCAR NMPA Chex® Most Popular Driver for the fifth consecutive year and was presented with the award today at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Media Luncheon in New York City.

VIDEO: DALE JR. ACCEPTS THE AWARD

“I’m extremely honored to win this award again, because it puts me with a very select group of drivers who I have a lot of respect for,” Earnhardt, Jr. commented. “When I became a Cup driver in 1999, I never would’ve imagined that we’d be talking about five consecutive Most Popular Driver awards. I have a special place at JR Motorsports where I put the MPD trophies, so I’m honored to add another one to the collection.
“I don’t want it to sound like a cliché, but this award really does mean a lot to me after all we have been through this year,” continued Earnhardt, Jr.. “This year has marked a significant transition in my life and career, and I knew the fans could go either way in supporting my decision or not. It was tough, and I don’t underestimate the fans’ support. It’s been overwhelming, and I really appreciate it.”
VIDEO: DALE JR. TALKS ABOUT THE AWARD

http://finallapradio.com/images/2007/dale_jr_nyc2.jpg
Throughout the race season, race fans could log on to
www.mostpopulardriver.com once a day and vote for their favorite driver. Voting ended on November 19 at 11:59 pm CST. A total of 3.8 million votes were cast this year, with Earnhardt, Jr. receiving 1.4 million votes.
“General Mills is very proud to once again present Dale Earnhardt, Jr. with the NASCAR NMPA Chex® Most Popular Driver award,” said Becky O’Grady, Vice President of Marketing for Chex® cereal. “Earnhardt, Jr. has a dedicated fan base that has supported him throughout his racing career, and each year it shows in the number of votes he receives as the most popular driver. We are honored to present this prestigious award to Dale Jr., thanks to his loyal fans.”
After receiving the award this year, Earnhardt, Jr. has joined Richard Petty and Bill Elliott as the only drivers to win five straight awards. Petty won from 1974 – 1978 and Elliott won from 1984 – 1988.
Other drivers who finished in this year’s top 10 include Jeff Gordon, who finished second in the voting, followed by Michael Waltrip, Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Elliott Sadler and Dale Jarrett.

Congrat's to Dale `jr...Good Luck in 08
`Space[/align]