Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Two months to get Red nice and personalized! There's so many montes to compete with though who have such loving owners and so many beautiful things done to them. Maybe ill shoot for next year when I'm a little more familiar and known around here. I'm certainly looking forward to the next two motm contests though! I know a couple monte's who deserve some recognition.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is the Deuce a winner? Depends, there are a lot of Montes out there some ole school Monte's where the owner's had to do a lot of resto work and look show room condition.

The Deuce is my labor of love she is a winner to me. I went to 5 car shows this year and took home 4 high end awards.
My favorites, where the Gold Class Award at the Monte Show Car Nationals, and award of excellence at the MIS Speedway Show Car Nationals

When you see the Deuce in person you either love her or shug your shoulders and shake your head.
(Someone said one day that she looked like a fire department fleet car)
(Someone also asked me if she was the new 2014 Monte Carlo )
(She also has been called a Cobol )

So to me she is a winner because she is like family -
You may think differently = but then, she is not in your garage.

Name:  1013549_680400108638728_291899090_n1_zpsebdcdd24.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  79.7 KB

Last edited by Tadcaster; 10-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've invested quite a bit of time in mine, both in modifications and keeping it clean. Those who have seen my car in person can tell you how clean I keep it. It doesn't show even half of it's actual mileage. I love a nice, clean, uncluttered looking car and I also love the stock look of these cars so my modifications have been subtle to compliment the originality of the car. All the interest and compliments the car receives make all of the hard work and time invested well worth it and, actually, seeing people's interest in the car can be more satisfying than winning any award.

Prior to this year, I had only entered the car in one show and it was basically stock at that time. This year, the beast got it's first award and won two awards out of the six shows entered. Competition is extremely hard at shows, especially competing alongside classic cars and/or heavier modified cars. Sometimes I feel like mine gets brushed aside against all the heavier modified stuff but I love how the car is and I refuse to go over the top with modifications just to win awards.

Name:  DSC_7763_zps413e5494.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  DSC_6987_zps1f376b55.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  100.9 KB

Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member

Well to be honest I've never bragged about my Monte but from day one that I pulled it out I've been told its a winner!Not a day goes by that someone is giving me thumbs up or telling me when I drive it.And I know its a winner because i put my heart and soul into it Dared to be different and it worked lol.Plan to do some winning at track next year also!

Mods are custom interior,wheels and paint,exhaust.You really can see them all yourself.Remember this was a stock 83 monte carlo coupe with a v-6 231 motor.I wouldn't dare do this to a SS.

Attached Thumbnails Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-trophys.jpg   Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-350-small-block.jpg   Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-2012-pic-monte.jpg  

Last edited by jakefluker; 10-12-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM

Mine is still a working progress, but i can see i have some huge competition for the prize, maybe later in the future. But right now, it is good to be among some pretty like minded people with really nice cars!

Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I've invested quite a bit of time in mine, both in modifications and keeping it clean. Those who have seen my car in person can tell you how clean I keep it. It doesn't show even half of it's actual mileage. I love a nice, clean, uncluttered looking car and I also love the stock look of these cars so my modifications have been subtle to compliment the originality of the car. All the interest and compliments the car receives make all of the hard work and time invested well worth it and, actually, seeing people's interest in the car can be more satisfying than winning any award.

Prior to this year, I had only entered the car in one show and it was basically stock at that time. This year, the beast got it's first award and won two awards out of the six shows entered. Competition is extremely hard at shows, especially competing alongside classic cars and/or heavier modified cars. Sometimes I feel like mine gets brushed aside against all the heavier modified stuff but I love how the car is and I refuse to go over the top with modifications just to win awards.

Very well said Matt we do get looked over a lot because there not interested in a car with the motor turned sideways. Like a lot of people say to me how
did I put that engine in there and when I tell them it came that way they just scratch there head and walk away.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Very well said Matt we do get looked over a lot because there not interested in a car with the motor turned sideways. Like a lot of people say to me how
did I put that engine in there and when I tell them it came that way they just scratch there head and walk away.

I agree fellas. I agree...2007 Monte carlos are dead sexy, ive wanted one since I entered high school in 06 and saw the designs for it, and by damn i said im getting it, and look, im 22 and I got my favorite color of one, just how I like it ! :]

Old 10-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I gotta be perfectly Honest,

I'm not looking to get any awards... I have gotten some awards , trophys, dash plaques as well as an award in 1999 from the North American hot rod show...

Here it is almost 14 yrs later as a daily driver with over 167,000 hard Michigan rd miles on it... Ya its has a few door dings, dimples in the body from hail storms.... even a few chips in the paint from being driven... Its not a trailer queen (far from it) .... For the longest time I had given up on doing car shows with it.... Til a year ago when I joined the MontecCarloForum.com.
It renewed my interest in it... and have done numerious things to try to bring it back to the best possible condition without doing a rotisserie resto on it..

My greatest Award.... was being nominate MOTM. Then winning MOTM! there was a real shocker... I have never felt so honored !!!!

Is my Monte a winner? YOU BETCHA!!!

After all the Great people I have met here.... The Meets and a few shows I was able to attend with my now new found Monte Carlo Friends... In my eyes regardless of its condition... My Monte Carlo will always be a winner in my eyes... Because of all of you here on the MCF....

What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-wp_000614.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-16-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: picture
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 AM

I just read this thread & enjoyed our member's words & pic's.
Thanks everyone for sharing.
Mod 'David > It's great the MCF encouraged you 2 fall back in
love with your Z34.
Enjoyed reading your words

Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

I just read this thread & enjoyed our member's words & pic's.
Thanks everyone for sharing.
Mod 'David > It's great the MCF encouraged you 2 fall back in
love with your Z34.
Enjoyed reading your words
Thanks SpaceRider!

Quick Reply: Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?