Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte of the Month (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-month-29/)
-   -   Ideas for MotM-Discussion Thread (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-month-29/ideas-motm-discussion-thread-57115/)

jakefluker 09-21-2016 08:46 PM

Ideas for MotM-Discussion Thread

yeah Shawn your right it's tied to activity. Most people don't have time to post etc. with work, kids and whatever else goes on in their lives. and there are a lot of nice montes on forum and increasing all the time.

shawn parker 09-21-2016 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by jakefluker (Post 695533)
yeah Shawn your right it's tied to activity. Most people don't have time to post etc. with work, kids and whatever else goes on in their lives. and there are a lot of nice montes on forum and increasing all the time.

that is what point I'm making
thanks,
it was better when more cars got noms

shawn parker 09-21-2016 09:04 PM

I work in retail management and an interested in the calendar and if it can be used effectually to fund the forum
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...%20Forums&txt=

chifan 09-22-2016 07:27 AM

I agree with Shawn's point. Sometimes I have time to read and post, sometimes not. I certainly don't have time to check on how frequently someone else uses the forum to determine their eligibility... I don't know what the answer is, but maybe the criteria for eligibility do need to be tweeked a little...

just my $.02

turbo monte 09-22-2016 06:49 PM

There is a few problems here, first problem is activity on the forum. Fb has basically killed forums, I have mixed feelings about this because you can get a answer faster on fb which is good but once it's answered that info gets lost and is very hard to search and find unlike easily findable on a forum. Second is the cars are getting older, alot of members used them as a daily but have moved on hence not really visiting here anymore and this will continue to happen I'm afraid. Third issue is what was already listed, I do not know all the members that are eligible and I do not have time to try and search for them.

Idea, another forum does a feature for the month similar to this but how it works is once the thread is posted first 5 cars to post a pic is who gets into voting no matter how active they are. Once 5 cars get submitted then a poll gets created for voting. If you win you are not eligible for a year.

P343 09-22-2016 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 695576)

Idea, another forum does a feature for the month similar to this but how it works is once the thread is posted first 5 cars to post a pic is who gets into voting no matter how active they are. Once 5 cars get submitted then a poll gets created for voting. If you win you are not eligible for a year.

Thanks John.
That might be something to consider. :)

shawn parker 09-22-2016 08:43 PM

I am sorry if seem, ungrateful in any way, but I am glad I started this conversation, it may need to be handled in another thread
I agree with everyone's comments about a searchable forum versus FB that owns everything posted on it's platform, if a winner is not eligible again it would make sure the calendar has no repeats

P343 09-22-2016 10:12 PM

Ideas for MotM-Discussion Thread

This is the thread I moved the discussions to and we can continue!! :)
I did not get shawn parkers post in here because it had a nomination but I will post the contents in this post.
First post made by shawn parker:
"I am not sure what has happened on this forum, before I joined, but it seems to me that in the past few months, this thread has changed. In Feb when I joined there were like 3 or 4 cars and that average held true until last month

After being apart from my mistress for a few days, I checked in here to see a MTM contest with only two posts, that seemed strange. one was my nom and the other support if new bumper. The paint guy went above and beyond
I felt something wrong, even while being honored, others have been here longer than me and deserve attention also, the photo gallery on this forum is a gallery of amazingly awesome Monte's

If it is tied to activity on the forum than we may excluding many nice cars that could sell calender's for MCF"
LET THE DISCUSSION AND IDEAS CONTINUE!!!

shawn parker 09-22-2016 10:55 PM

Thanks for making this other thread, I am not well versed in all the rules or admins here
what if more people were exposed to these awesome cars ?
we must try to keep the Monte relevant
what happened to BBMike

P343 09-23-2016 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by shawn parker (Post 695589)
Thanks for making this other thread, I am not well versed in all the rules or admins here
what if more people were exposed to these awesome cars ?
we must try to keep the Monte relevant
what happened to BBMike

Shawn
I agree with the statement that we must try to keep the Monte relevant. As mentioned in a previous statement, there are fewer and fewer Montes and Monte owners each day. There is not much we can do about that since Chevrolet decided to eliminate the Monte from their line up :( We can, however, make the forum the best place to come for people who still own Montes.
This is from our FAQ section about the Admin/Mods
These are the current members the MonteCarloForum.com staff. Click the links below for the profiles of each staff member.

Administrators Moderators All members of the staff serve as volunteers for the MonteCarloForum.com community on behalf of Internet Brands. None of the staff members are employed or compensated by Internet Brands. Just like many of us, they have jobs, family and other responsibilities outside of MonteCarloForum.com, but are frequently available to assist the MonteCarloForum.com community in a timely manner.

I have not seen BBMike in awhile but that happens with his job as he is basically on call at all times to go work on the islands off of Florida. Sometimes he is gone for days and sometimes for months...but he will just as quickly pop back onto the forum. I sure miss him. He keeps the forum pretty active.
So anyway, rules for MotM have been that way for some time but that does not mean they cannot ever be changed. It will take a meeting of the Administrators and mods to discuss the rules to make any changes but with this thread, the other staff members can read what is being said. The staff here is pretty close so we do discuss things regularly. I will make it a priority to bring this up to the other staff members about altering some of the rules for eligibility for MotM to get more participation.
Let's keep this thread active so we can get as many people providing input as possible. Throw your ideas out there about increasing MotM and forum participation.
I know tht I try to welcome each new member as they make their first post. I might not know the answer to their question but I do let them know someone is here and that I am glad they have joined the forum. To not be welcomed somewhere is very discouraging anywhere whether it be online or in the real world.
Another thing I did was make up business cards on the computer and printed them out. On one side is says "Nice Monte!!! Then on the other side it has the forum name and it says come and join us at montecarloforum.com It's free
Fellowship. Technical information..and much more
I use those cards when I am out and about and talk to someone with a Monte or if I see a Monte in the parking lot at the store, I will put one under the wiper or in the door handle crack. But that is just something I do trying to get new members.
So what kinds of ideas do you have?? Throw them out there and lets talk about them.
Wow...this turned into a novel!!! LOL :)