Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   remote start problem (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/remote-start-problem-57615/)

tfunk002 12-29-2016 06:54 AM

remote start problem

my remote start only works when i am next to the car
I have an 06 Monte Carlo LT i would like to be able to use the remote start and keyless entry from inside my house
could any one please help me

jakefluker 12-30-2016 09:18 PM

Wow, is this the factory remote start? If so take to dealer and ask them to adjust distance. if aftermarket take to anywhere reputable to adjust distance. Hope this helps out your situation.

tfunk002 12-31-2016 07:15 AM

no it is factory.
I also read on here that alot of 06 monte carlos have had the problem with having this problem with the distance of the remote start. There is a TSB on the web about this problem.

ChibiBlackSheep 12-31-2016 09:29 AM

Yeah GM did have some receiver issues on these cars, unfortunately it was never a full recall and it is a little pricey to get fixed.

You can talk to your local dealer about the TSB as that will let them know everything that they need to replace, but I believe it's the whole receiver, and new FOBs to get it working the usual 30-50ft again :thumbsdown:

tfunk002 12-31-2016 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 698709)
Yeah GM did have some receiver issues on these cars, unfortunately it was never a full recall and it is a little pricey to get fixed.

You can talk to your local dealer about the TSB as that will let them know everything that they need to replace, but I believe it's the whole receiver, and new FOBs to get it working the usual 30-50ft again :thumbsdown:

i went for a safety recall on my car. I did mention that to a service writer.
I had the paper i printer offline about a GM tech having the same problem.
The service writer said it could be as simple as an update on the computer like the GM tech said.
If you can get the whole TSB I would like to read it.
I can not find it anywhere online

tfunk002 12-31-2016 10:07 PM

another question I have. If the gas cap message shows up on the dash with the check engine light after you check the gas cap does the computer remember that the gas cap is loose. I have tighten the gas cap when i got that message what else can be going on ?????

96z34man 01-02-2017 02:21 PM

You have a vacuum leak somewhere. Someone smarter than me will have to tell you how to track it down.

tfunk002 01-02-2017 08:45 PM

ok i will check it out

ChibiBlackSheep 01-03-2017 02:13 PM

It can also take 50 miles / 3 drive-cycles to reset.

tfunk002 01-03-2017 08:32 PM

i have driven more then 50 miles with 3 cycles the check gas cap is still coming on what else is there that i can do