Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Race advise (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/race-advise-44258/)

02intimidator 08-03-2013 04:47 PM

Race advise

So there is a Guy I know that is a major pain. He drives a 2004 v6 mustang. No mods. Well except flowmaster exhaust. He always says he would dust my car. I have a 2002 Monte Carlo ss intimidator. I have a K&N filter and a performance chip in my car. So who would win in about 1/8 mile race.I think I can take him just wanted some opinions.

TMoney 08-03-2013 05:00 PM

I think you would probably win as well. My dad use to have a 03 mustang with the 3.8 L and I noticed a difference between that and my car

monte carlo 3831 08-03-2013 05:01 PM

a performance chip.........:nono: what exactly does it do for your Monte....

02intimidator 08-03-2013 05:06 PM

Adds a little hp at a good price

STUMPMI 08-03-2013 05:07 PM

What kind is it....?????
How much did you spend VS how much HP it gained?

02intimidator 08-03-2013 05:21 PM

Its a hypertech chip it says it adds about 30 or 40 HP it cost me about 300 dollars

TMoney 08-03-2013 07:10 PM

Where did you buy it?

Red October 10-19-2013 01:37 AM

You also have to consider FWD vs. RWD. Tire pressure, intake.....FAR too many variables to give a "WIN" to one or another.

Weight another factor. Montes weren't muscle cars, per se. Mustangs were, some would argue. Montes are a "classic muscle luxury car", were other Detroit cars were more specialized. It is, what it is.

I have no doubt a properly tuned Monte would smoke a Mustang, but as the Rule goes....how fast is how much you want to spend. You can't make money without money, an same rule here: You can't make HP without money. Our Montes were more luxury than muscle.

To me, personally, it doesn't matter. I love my Monte an the styling. It would be the same if I still had my old Countach. By todays standards, it is nothing, but it would be unique. I'm long since my years where I had to "have the fastest/bestest."

So you get smoked in a race. How many times did he have to shell out crazy $$$ for a new clutch? Tires? Is it really THAT important? Who cares. I don't. Go ahead an spend so much money that your car is almost not even street legal, I'll go ahead an make mine unique, interesting, an reliable in any situation.

turbo monte 10-20-2013 08:49 AM

Not to burst your bubble but that hyper tech is a complete waste. I started with one and quickly realized there useless. If you want anything like that buy a mail order tune from a shop that specializes in these cars.

owens91 10-20-2013 10:34 AM

i also would wanna know if you really gained anything with that perormance chip, most of the time those things are a waste