Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Headlights work when they want to.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Default Headlights work when they want to.

Hey this is the the first time I've posted on here and I didn't see a forum done with my cars similar symptoms. I have an 01 Monte Carlo SS with a 3.8l I was recently having an issue with my lowbeam headlights and due to this website found it was my multifunction switch I have changed that out and my headlight module and that worked for about a month but now my headlights want to work and sometimes they don't. For example I could start the car up at night and headlights do not come on automatically so when I manually pull them to come they don't. So I drive with my high beams that night. Then maybe the next time I drive at night they come on automatically and I have both high beams and low beams that work when I switch from one to the other. I have checked the multifunction switch and the relay and all seems to be good. Fuses and light bulbs are good. Sounds like a short in the wiring or correded wire but have no clue on where to start looking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or if someone else has had this similar problem what did you do to fix this.