Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   No Dash Lights at Night - 2003 MC SS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/no-dash-lights-night-2003-mc-ss-20262/)

kathijv 04-24-2010 06:06 PM

No Dash Lights at Night - 2003 MC SS

Hi I am NEW, well to this site anyway. I came here because of this dash light problem in my 2003 MC SS. During the day I can see all the dash, console, steering wheel and clock lighting. But when darkness falls all I see (barely) is my clock and the PRND321. I have to use a flashlight to see how fast I am going.
The other night, I got in and readjusted my seat and "Poof" all my lights came on, It was like Christmas in there! The next day my son drove it to the store and readjusted the seat.... I am in the dark and using my flashlight again. I looked under the seat thinking I had pinched one of the wires in the seat track or something. So....
My Question is, Can anyone assist me with a diagram of how the wires are to be plugged in under my electric seat?

lucian*91 04-24-2010 06:53 PM

i love wiring but this one makes me confused with laughter. not at yer situation but how the seat effect the lights. the potentiometer switch for dim to bright is located on the dash panel and shouldn't run through the seat. the most that pops into my head is check your grounds to see if something is loose and causing possible intermittent connection. other than.. gl*
hope this leads ya to sumthin!

seawolf18 04-26-2010 08:52 PM

had the same problem with mine. One day the dash lights would work the next they wouldn't. It ended up being the retrostat(dimmer) switch. They are spendy, around $100.00

Justin Knight 04-29-2010 09:03 PM

In a 2003 all the modules work on a CAN communication data line. the dash is a module the pcm, bcm, radio, etc. if a data line is being pinched under the seat or just being moved so is not shorting can cause one or multiple data circuits to fail, including the dash.

just to rule it out make sure the backside of the dimmer/headlamp switch is not melted.

renaeblanton 02-06-2013 06:34 PM

I am new to this site. I am wondering if you ever found this fix for this problem because my husband is having the same problem with his 03 MC. While we are driving day or night the instrument panel, clock, radio and the temperature lights will all go out stay put sometimes for days and then come back on. He too has to use a flash light to see how fast he is going. Any help would be appericated. Thank you

PacerSS 02-06-2013 06:38 PM

Have you tried turning the headlights knob clockwise? I mean we have to start somewhere.

During the day the lights are automatically on high due to daylight. But at night they are adjusted to whatever you set that knob to.

renaeblanton 02-07-2013 06:47 AM

yes we have tried to turn the knob. that dosen't work. And its while you are driving the lights will be on fine and then they flicker out. So its not something we are adjusting. They just work when they want to. I would think its a light sensor but the book on the car don't mention one for this.