Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Low beams/Driving lights (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/low-beams-driving-lights-19691/)

East 03-28-2010 09:44 AM

Low beams/Driving lights

Driving lights/low beams are out. Is there underhood fuses I should check and which ones? I really need to get an owners manual/haynes manual. Last night I drove home with my brights held on.. bummer. This happened after I went through a puddle of water, both lights went out. The actual thing on my dash is still reading the light coming in because my dash lights are still responsive at night.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

East 03-28-2010 11:53 AM

Just checked the DRL fuse under the hood, put in a new one and no luck. Might try to put back in my old headlights and see if it makes a difference in a little bit. Do the turn markers light up when DRL are on?

East 03-28-2010 12:27 PM

My headlamps aren't blown, just checked them. When the daytime running lights disengage for night-time driving the parking lamps are set to on. Checking the Parking Lamp Relay now I guess.

East 03-28-2010 12:35 PM

Parking Lamp Relay is fine. :X

East 03-28-2010 12:44 PM

Maybe I should check my grounds. I don't know where they are, but should they be grounded out somewhere or should I make sure they aren't? Electrical work is not my strength.

So far,
DRL Relay Fine
Parking Lamp Relay Fine
Headlamps Fine
DRL Sensor on dash is fine, still requests lighting for instrument cluster.

Problem:
All driving lights out as in the system will not automatically engage or disengage them in any way.
The brights can be manually used (but won't click in).
Lamp control inside is unresponsive when attempting turn on exterior lighting (not including rear lights).

Sorry for all the posts

Any suggestions are appreciated :x

04MonteLS 03-28-2010 01:26 PM

No, they don't <----side markers don't come on with drl's are on

Enzo354 03-28-2010 02:26 PM

Is your lever on the column going bad, so that it stops sticking in place?

East 03-29-2010 09:13 AM

Enzo- I don't believe so. It would follow from what I understand, that it would click into place, only if lights are activated for night-time driving. Which at this point, it doesn't. :confused:

ChibiBlackSheep 03-29-2010 09:31 AM

I'm having a really hard time following this thread.

You know that DRL are the high-beams on your car correct?

East 03-29-2010 09:47 AM

Yeah, they run at a fraction of the power in DRL mode from what I understand. I can use the brights at night, by holding back my switch. What throws me for a loop though, is that they won't be activated as DRLs during the daytime, but I still have power to them (to use them during the night).

My night-time lights aren't turned on through the auto headlamp system either (besides the sidemarkers), and I think it would follow that the reason I wouldn't be able to click in my brights might be related.