Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

So What's the Temp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default So What's the Temp?

My thermometer on my little driver information panel seems to be dying on me, was reading at 48*F for a little cruise around town I just took. The only problem with this is the fact that it's much closer to mid 70's or atleast according to all other thermometers. It did finally pop up to the 70's after quite a long time. This isn't the first time I've noticed temperatures that seemed to be vastly different than other thermometers.

So anyone know of anyway to fix this? How about where the sensor is actually located? Maybe I can look for any loose wires and whatnot.

Or is there just some sort of giant conspiracy surrounding my Monte and my body and it's actually 30*F colder than my Monte and I think?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Default RE: So What's the Temp?

Well, from what the dealership told me when I asked about this problem with my car, they said that short trips around town won't give you an accurate reading.. You must be driving for like 20 mins before it gives you an accurate temp.. They gave me the exact reason why, but I don't remember it.. I told them that my 03 Monte never had this issue, but why did they change it for the 06.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM

[align=center]Hi `Garrett,[/align][align=center]I did amulti-search for location of the temp reading sensor[/align][align=center]for your Monte, but could not find.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What I do is make friends with the tech`sat the local Chevy Dealer[/align][align=center]and stop by and ask them. They know I love cars, and[/align][align=center]they have always shared their knowledge with me.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The other way is to stopin, and ask for a freeestimate on what[/align][align=center]they would charge to fix it. A good service advisor will[/align][align=center]show you where it is located, and tell you how to clean it,[/align][align=center]or what the cost to repair it would be.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You have posted previously that you travel on dirt roads[/align][align=center]sometimes, and the dust/dirt/moisture with cling to[/align][align=center]the sensor, and block a true reading. (Maybe : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I did find in other models that they get dirty/grit and will give[/align][align=center]false readings. Something to `think `bout : )
Good Luck, from `Space
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space, I'll look into that.

You too draxxis, I've never had the problem until a few weeks ago with the short trips, but it helpful info.

I'll let everyone know if I can figure it out.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:12 PM

Not sure where it is on our cars. I know that normal places seem to be in the side mirror housing or behind the front bumper/fender.