Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   HELP PLEASE > My Monte Carlo has a weird message that i don't understand (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/help-please-my-monte-carlo-has-weird-message-i-dont-understand-45148/)

Monte Carlo Lover 09-26-2013 01:08 PM

HELP PLEASE > My Monte Carlo has a weird message that i don't understand

I have a 2003 Monte Carlo that has a high beam out message. But both of my high beams work all of my headlights work, basically everything works, except for my fog lights. Which is causing my turn signals to work very fast. Don't understand why I'm getting this message. Please help thanks

The_Maniac 09-26-2013 03:41 PM

Fog lights out don't cause turn signals to blink fast. A turn signal bulb out causes that to happen.

As for the "high beam out", do both your high and low beams work properly? Can you switch between the two?

Monte Carlo Lover 09-27-2013 04:04 PM

I can switch between my high and low beams, and all my lights work except the fog lights!

03SSLE 09-28-2013 07:11 AM

Check the connectors at both high beam lights and the fuses for a loose/dirty/corroded contact.

Monte Carlo Lover 09-29-2013 06:58 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 573317)
Check the connectors at both high beam lights and the fuses for a loose/dirty/corroded contact.

We took the ground wire that leads from the headlight to the car took that off and a wire came off, so after that wire came off all the lights worked and everything. Nice to know there's somebody out there that knows something. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING :):):):):):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumb sup::thumbsup:

owens91 09-29-2013 08:28 PM

Wait what do u mean by a wore came off? Jus came off?

Monte Carlo Lover 09-30-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by owens91 (Post 573615)
Wait what do u mean by a wore came off? Jus came off?

When I was jerking on the headlight wire the ground wire that was on the frame of the car came in two so I peeled the wire and reattached it and everything works fine. It was the small wire that was broke.

IslandMonte 09-30-2013 07:42 PM

Good to hear your problem was an easy fix... :thumbsup:

Ronnie Beatty III 02-06-2014 08:39 AM

I have an 03 monte carlo ss that turnsignals bleed thru to other side and the fog lights are really dim...ive replaced the flasher switch and the multi function switch ......getting aggrevated.....any ideas

hamjet 09-20-2014 07:15 AM

saved!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, new here. I just wanted to say this site saved me alot of grief, I googled my problem with the turn signals blinking fast, fog lights not working, and getting a code, "HIGH BEAM OUT" which brought me to this forum.. when I read the same problems in post one, I went out looking for a ground wire. At the top of the left head light there is a two wire ground bolted to the frame. I saw no broken wires, so I unbolted the wires from the frame and wiggled them around and sure enough, the smaller wire broke loose. after installing new connector and rebolting to frame, everything worked as it should!Thanks!!