Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Headlight low beam issue (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/headlight-low-beam-issue-45339/)

bcsfd306 10-06-2013 05:30 PM

Headlight low beam issue

Hello,

I am an owner of a 2006 chevy monte carlo SS V8 5.3L and have been having a low beam issue..

I have been dealing with it for about a year, and am not paying some shop hundreds of dollars that i can possibly do myself with the help of everyone on the forum..

I have the switch that has the automatic built into it which can be over ridden with manual..literally everything else light wise works like it should with the exception of the low beams.

First when it all started I would drive and it would randomly and seldomly flicker...honestly did not happen a whole lot..what started going on at the same time, was every time I tried to turn the headlights off manually as they wouldn't automatically the low beams just wouldn't turn off, it did after a few times of rotating the automatic switch back and forth but after a while of doing that numerous of times, they don't respond at all anymore to that.

So basically I have both low beam headlights that never turn off, and what I have been doing is just pulling the fuses...

Now this is what I have tried..I completely unplugged the switch, nothing changed...I tried finding out what relay was the right one, and literally pulled all the possible relay fuses out....again nothing changed...lights still remained on..I tried also doing the same this in my passenger side fuse box on the interior as well and still no luck...

I literally have no idea what else to do and am looking for some serious help because now I am just completely annoyed.. I have the haynes boo with wiring diagrams, however there is no labeled relay under my hood or inside the passenger fuse box labeled low beam relay nor is there even a high beam one....again it is a 2006 chevy monte SS.

Is there another location these relays are located other than the fuse box under the hood and passenger side interior? are the relays called something else in an effort of GM making people take it to shops to fix? is it even a relay issue? please if anyone can help I would really appreciate it!!

owens91 10-06-2013 06:01 PM

Are u saying that even if the car is off both the highs and lows are on at the same time? I have a similar issue, I get the message that's says highbeams low...but yet my highs and lows are on at the same time, the blue highbeam icon is on the dash this been happening fir è or more months now...maybe we can help each other or something

bcsfd306 10-06-2013 08:30 PM

response

yes and no, the high beams operate as they should, its my low beams that just never turn off...only way i can turn them on and off is by literally pulling the fuses....they are supposed to turn on and off by them self (auto)

Hiroska 10-07-2013 08:33 AM

Sounds electrical. try doing this for me. Try unhooking your battery for 15 mins, and then unplug the fuses for a clean reset. Input fuses and then battery again.

Do you have any subwoofers hooked up? Have you had your battery tested? If all fails, it could be either your switch, or complete electrical issue. Imo take it in if the fix doesnt work.

15rizzoau 01-12-2019 07:58 PM

try replacing the twilight sensor? i believe it is called. i just took my dash out of mine for the heater core with my wifes father, and we saw that it was melted cause of the sun but he basicly explained to me that is was what operated the auto lights function