Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   7th Gen ('06-'07): DIC doing strange things... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/dic-doing-strange-things-40661/)

lilwing500 01-02-2013 09:21 AM

DIC doing strange things...

Hey folks, I have an '06 LT1 with 150K on it and the other day I got into the car and started it and noticed the DIC was very dim. While driving I noticed little dots appearing (literally popping up one at a time in a row) across the top of the DIC. When the dots were all the way across the top of the DIC the DIC got bright again. This morning on the way to work (dots still there seemingly under the words on the display) the dots started disappearing and the DIC went dim again... My girlfriend has a 2011 Impala and says she experienced the same thing for a couple of days. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this. I did some digging in the forums but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

03SSLE 01-02-2013 11:53 AM

Did it happen to the girlfriend's car around the same time it happened to yours? Were you having colder weather when it happened? Sometimes temperature can do funny things to displays. Just a thought...

lilwing500 01-17-2013 12:48 PM

D.I.C. is R.I.P.

As stated in my previous post, the LEDs in the Driver Information Center on my '06 had been acting weird. I went out at lunch today and the whole DIC was dark...nothing...nada. Has anyone ever had this happen? I will try to reset it by disconnecting the pos battery cable for a few minutes but I doubt that will help anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can anyone tell me if the DIC is just a replaceable LED board?

Mels SS 01-17-2013 12:56 PM

That is weird I havent had that happen yet.

STUMPMI 01-17-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by lilwing500 (Post 521163)
As stated in my previous post, the LEDs in the Driver Information Center on my '06 had been acting weird. I went out at lunch today and the whole DIC was dark...nothing...nada. Has anyone ever had this happen? I will try to reset it by disconnecting the pos battery cable for a few minutes but I doubt that will help anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can anyone tell me if the DIC is just a replaceable LED board?

as Mike (03SSLE) had said previously...It could be a cold weather situation...

But since you havent posted where you live (what state) also makes a difference...good luck!

iMSeRiOuS 01-17-2013 10:25 PM

Hope you didn't look up anything you didn't want to see when looking up "DIC problems" =X

Check your battery terminals & make sure the connections are tight...

lilwing500 01-18-2013 03:54 PM

Sorry StumpMI, I used to live up in your neck of the woods (North of Flint) but have been in Middle Tennessee since 1995 and while we do get cold in the mornings rarely do we see single digit weather.

RocknSS04 01-19-2013 06:37 PM

Is that the ONLY problem you are having? Flashing lights, clicking noises?
I had DIC and dash problems when my BCM went out on my '01 SS LE

lilwing500 01-20-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04 (Post 521625)
Is that the ONLY problem you are having? Flashing lights, clicking noises?
I had DIC and dash problems when my BCM went out on my '01 SS LE

Yeah, that's the only thing just the display comes and goes seemingly as it pleases.