Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Beginner Mods (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/beginner-mods-45677/)

youngblood 10-30-2013 12:35 AM

Beginner Mods

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car edition and I'm interested in gaining speed. Where should I start?

l67ss 10-30-2013 02:23 AM

:)

Cold air intake, a tune, and flipped dbs

Space 10-30-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by youngblood (Post 579235)
I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car edition and I'm interested in gaining speed. Where should I start?

:rolleyes:
Hi `Youngblood & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.

How many miles on your Monte Carlo ? We hope you post some pictures. (We all love pictures of Monte Carlo's)...
How long have your owned your Monte ? How many owner's ?

What is your Mod Budget ?
I think exhaust Mod's are also a great investment to get more power + great tunes (sounds)...

Look forward to your future posts + pictures.
Explore the MCF & EnJoy :thumbsup:

The_Maniac 10-30-2013 11:57 AM

There's a lot you can do. Depends on your budget is and what your end goals are. This is a common topic and lots of information.
Common mods people do are a cold air intake and new exhaust.

tweek 10-30-2013 12:08 PM

before you do any mods check the internals make sure there are no leaks.

turbo monte 10-30-2013 08:09 PM

Do some searching on the forum there is many things you can do and its almost unlimited if you have enough money.

jshark01 10-30-2013 08:39 PM

gaining speed... Oh what I wanna do to my 01 LS. I know for you, CAI with a proper heat shield, larger DP, high flow cat, 2.5" cat back, and a tune will do alot and of course that's budget permitting. I've heard the 1" shorter dogbones are nice due to that it places more engine weight over the axles better allowing for more traction off the line. Called on those for my 3.4 and the guy said they are 3.8 specific..(bummer for me if they do what they claim.

l67ss 10-30-2013 09:44 PM

hey

Shortened dbs are to correct cv angle after lowering, only, no performance gains. With a 60/40 weight distribution how much more do you need on the tires? :) btw 3.8 dogbones will fit 3.4 la1s. I had them compared side by side and test fit both, they were the same.

Originally Posted by jshark01 (Post 579434)
gaining speed... Oh what I wanna do to my 01 LS. I know for you, CAI with a proper heat shield, larger DP, high flow cat, 2.5" cat back, and a tune will do alot and of course that's budget permitting. I've heard the 1" shorter dogbones are nice due to that it places more engine weight over the axles better allowing for more traction off the line. Called on those for my 3.4 and the guy said they are 3.8 specific..(bummer for me if they do what they claim.

jshark01 10-30-2013 11:35 PM

wow thanks a ton for the clarification. I was curious when I seen them and asked a friend what he thought and that's what he imagined they would do after looking into them.. My appoligies MCF. :-/ I'll research more thouroughly myself next time prior to posting.