Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Banging sound coming from inside the dash on the passenger side (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/banging-sound-coming-inside-dash-passenger-side-18429/)

joedaslik 01-30-2010 10:36 PM

Banging sound coming from inside the dash on the passenger side

For the past couple of days now my 06 has been experiencing banging coming from inside the dashboard on the passenger side..It happens at random and will stop after a minute or 2..I have no idea what it is, has anyone experienced this before?? I plan on taking apart the dash this weekend I feel like it might have something to do with the vents being stuck or something...

Enzo354 01-31-2010 01:50 AM

Something loose is all I can think of.

Space 01-31-2010 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by joedaslik (Post 196713)
For the past couple of days now my 06 has been experiencing banging coming from inside the dashboard on the passenger side..It happens at random and will stop after a minute or 2..I have no idea what it is, has anyone experienced this before?? I plan on taking apart the dash this weekend I feel like it might have something to do with the vents being stuck or something...

:rolleyes:
Hi `Joe,
Check `out the below link
Good Luck
The heater controls have several little electric motors that operate the heater control doors behind the dash to direct air to the floor/windscreen/enter vents. One may have become detached from the blend door or the blend door may have jammed.

The motors that operate the blend doors are all accessible without major disassemble the blend doors are actually inside the heater box. Its better to get things checked out before assuming the worst but disassemble of the heater box require dash disassemble, draining the cooling system and evacuating the air conditioning system.

Loud clicking noise from right side of dash board : RepairPal

I have a loud clicking noise from right side of dash board. ... loud continues loud clicking noise that seems to be coming from the right side ... after running my a/c and shutting the engine off a loud clicking noise by the passenger side is loud and ... Q&A > Chevrolet > 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo ...
repairpal.com/loud-clicking-noise-from-right-side-of-dash-board-702 - Cached

<LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 3em" class=g>Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance : RepairPal

There are 2 cooling fans, the one on the driver's side comes on when engine ... I have a '01 Monte with 73500 miles on it and the dash interior lights flicker .... gasket on a cap on engine.5 clunking noise in steering,faulty shaft. ..... VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 1995-1999 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO Z34 PASSENGER VEHICLES. ...
repairpal.com/cars/chevrolet/monte+carlo - Cached
Show more results from repairpal.com

<LI class=g>Clicking noise in passenger dash - FixYa

Apr 30, 2009 ... I have a 2007 Monte Carlo LT. There is a loud clicking sound under the passenger side dash that last for at least a whole minute or maybe a little longer when the A/C ... My 1999 Chevy Blazer has 4-wheel drive problems. ...
www.fixya.com/cars/t2116614-clicking_noise_in_passenger_dash - Cached

vsmith45 08-02-2011 01:16 PM

Banging sound from dash

did you figure out what the sound was?

lougreen03 08-02-2011 03:05 PM

vsmith45,Welcome to the site and If your having a similar problem feel free to make a post and ask some questions. Also start a new member thread

JaxJim 08-02-2011 03:17 PM

Could be something stuck in there - trying to get out. Like a small goblin, troll, fairy, leprechaun, or something of the sort. They're usually quite reserved, but when confined to a small space - like the inside of a dashboard, can become extremely agitated - hence the loud banging.

McCorkle2006 03-29-2012 11:50 AM

i am also having the same problem with my 2006 monte carlo.if anyone figures this out please contact me,because it is drivin me crazy.clicking or banging last about a minute every time i open door.

TheMonteMan 03-29-2012 03:06 PM

its probably the actuator. mine was doing it to. replaced under warranty. with mine it was coming from the passenger side. if you rolled the temp control on the passenger side from hot to cold it would stop once it passed the mid way point. if you do a search on ls1tech, or youtube theres a video, and a very detailed write up on how to replace it.

Georgeduffy 12-31-2012 09:42 PM

I am also having the same problem with my 06 LT. Happens with both sides. I checked out the YouTube video and it looks like a straight forward process. However, I also have fogging of the windshield with the heater on. Classic leaking hose (best case) or leaky core (worst case). Seen it too many times before on other cars. Apparently there are 4 total blend actuators. No sense changing only one. $$$$$

joeykl66 01-01-2013 12:58 PM

its def. the acuator i have an 07 when i turned the air on it would stop. as soon as i turned it off it would tick again. i had mine replaced. it was under warranty so i couldnt tell ya the cost.