Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): AC issue (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/ac-issue-60784/)

Nathan Phillips 05-11-2019 03:42 PM

AC issue

drivers side blows very warm air and passenger cold..though both arent super ice cold.passenger fairly colder than drivers.

driving a while does seem to help with luke warm air on drivers side.

i checked freon and its at almost 35psi with ac on full blast and ac compressor engaged.

i removed drivers side actuator.tested it.played woth blend drivers side blend door to verify its not sticking.all work perfectly..had someone also actuate it while i was watching it and feeling it.

i dont know what else it is.anything else i should check or do to get this up and running.

Nathan Phillips 05-14-2019 07:19 PM

or can anyone at least point me to the direction of somewhere i can get help besides a shop aka online and or the layout of the hvac system mainly the duct work please?

The_Maniac 05-15-2019 08:17 PM

What year is your Monte?

With my 2004, I went through a BUNCH of AC issues. When the AC worked (still had a leak), I was noticing the driver side would never get as cool as the passenger side. One of my repairs for the AC was to replace the evap core (which required removing the entire dash). I found that the flaps for those blend doors had an issue (the one for the driver side was too tight on it's hinge points). A little sand paper and a dab of grease and now all seems good (a few years later, still good).

Nathan Phillips 05-16-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 717431)
What year is your Monte?

With my 2004, I went through a BUNCH of AC issues. When the AC worked (still had a leak), I was noticing the driver side would never get as cool as the passenger side. One of my repairs for the AC was to replace the evap core (which required removing the entire dash). I found that the flaps for those blend doors had an issue (the one for the driver side was too tight on it's hinge points). A little sand paper and a dab of grease and now all seems good (a few years later, still good).

its a 2003. it does get a little cool if i run it for a very long time but still not ice cold or anything.i did check the flap and actuator for the drivers side and all seems to function correctly.flap not binding up and moves with little ease.the blend door moves also. i had someone play with the switches as i was underneath feeling and watching the flaps.

its weird that even when putting the vents onto the floor its the same temp.i thought of adding more freon but pepboys said its good and a gauge from one of those cheap walmart bottles of freon says its full though its not showing high and low side.im baffled what else could be the reason.

ChibiBlackSheep 05-17-2019 11:21 AM

Eventhough the system reads fine on a bottle, it sounds low.

Driver's side warm and passenger cold is a tell-tale sign on these cars that the system needs to be evacuated and refilled. It might have the slightest leak, but it needs to be hooked up to a proper vacuum system and not the little can. I would not use the little cans that you can buy to try to fix it.

Nathan Phillips 05-18-2019 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 717452)
Eventhough the system reads fine on a bottle, it sounds low.

Driver's side warm and passenger cold is a tell-tale sign on these cars that the system needs to be evacuated and refilled. It might have the slightest leak, but it needs to be hooked up to a proper vacuum system and not the little can. I would not use the little cans that you can buy to try to fix it.

that was in fact the issue.pepboys was wrong and i new i should have done the work sooner. took it to another shop today and they said its low. they evac and recharged.shes blowing ice cold now.will try returning the bottle i bought tomorrow as i never used it.

thank you :)

ChibiBlackSheep 05-20-2019 10:34 AM

Now we just have to hope you don't have a leak in the system somewhere. Or else you'll be back in this spot in a few months :)