Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): 2006 Monte Carlo SS stops accelerating while I知 driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 08:02 PM
Default 2006 Monte Carlo SS stops accelerating while I知 driving

My 2006 Monte Carlo will drive until warm. Then will just stop accelerating. I値l push the gas and it痴 reving just not moving at all. I値l turn the car off for 5 secs (usually in the middle of a busy road). Turn it back on and it値l drive anywhere from one tap of the gas to five minutes. Then it starts again. Changing the trans filter tomorrow. Trying to see if anyone had this problem. Just hoping the trans isn稚 shot

Old 03-30-2018, 09:01 PM

If the transmission were completely gone, it wouldn't come back to life after one key cycle. I wish I could say what it is.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Can you manually change the gear its in and drive?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Default Update

Changed the trans filter today car runs like it痴 brand new. Thanks for the help and potential help. But to answer your question it doesn稚 have a manual option it would shift good for one acceleration and just stall out ie not move when I press gas. I would turn it off turn it back on get one or two presses of the gas n would stall out again. The trans pan had a thick coat of shavings on the magnet connected to the pan.. wiped the pan with a bit of gasoline changed the filter which was 15 $ at a autozone in Atlanta and put it back on drive it about 20-30 miles didn稚 have a single problem. I bought it of cL last week for 1000 on my mama lol I got a steal. The person I got it from took no care of it it had no oil or trans fluid and needs a wheel alignment and motet mount along with the oil and trans fluid I bought. Wheel alignment 65$ on Groupon Moyer mount 30 $. No interior problems. The dude just got it still has lot temp tag for April 12. Just had to share that with y誕ll.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Good you got it going again, I was going to suggest checking the CAT. Converter sometimes if they are plugged this will cause similar issues.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Good you got it going again, I was going to suggest checking the CAT. Converter sometimes if they are plugged this will cause similar issues.

My 2002 did. Cat plugged and it melted a hole in my intake just above the EGR stove pipe.