Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

front speakers intermittant sound blown but then work

Old 02-27-2021, 08:12 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default front speakers intermittant sound blown but then work

Hello to all I have yet another monte problem to figure out. I have a 2007 LS Monte Carlo and I recently have had my front speakers stop working and sound like they are blown (very low volume coming from them). This only happens to the front speakers the back are fine. I then disconnected the battery cleaned terminals and reconnected it and got one front speaker back. The next big snow both speakers sound blown again. I am guessing it might be water not draining properly from the doors and moisture getting to the wires? not sure... The other day they started working again and this was a sunny day so it was dried out. I checked the drains on both doors (snaked a wire up them) which are open but seems as if might not be draining well (some water up in the door jam while parked). I have checked the AMP fuse on the interior fuse box and its good. All opinions and info welcome. PS i never play the radio loud so doubt they are blown. Thanks in advance for any info.