Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Info: Cigarette lighter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Default Cigarette lighter

hello, I have 1998 Monte Carlo and want to add 2 sockets so I can plugin a Bluetooth, to play phone through stereo. My main problem is I used to have it plugged in the cigarette lighter but it broke because if I didn’t pull the Bluetooth out of socket the battery was dead next day. I need my sockets to shut off when I shut car off. The lighter never did shutoff.
i have a dual socket that will work for me but need to know how to wire it to so it shuts off with ignition/ key turned off. Any help

Old 05-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

On my '06 I tapped off of a fuse that was labeled RAP - Retained Accessory Power, that trick where accessories work until you open the door.

Fuse was in the passenger kick panel, I use a piggyback fuse to hardwire a 3 socket module that was tucked under the dash by the glove compartment,

Old 05-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Default Thanks

will check if 98 Monte has that.
Anymore ideas?
is the fuse box on passenger side and good to tap into? I have easy access to that?

thanks
:-)

Last edited by kevkwas; 05-19-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Default It worked

Originally Posted by Barovelli
On my '06 I tapped off of a fuse that was labeled RAP - Retained Accessory Power, that trick where accessories work until you open the door.

Fuse was in the passenger kick panel, I use a piggyback fuse to hardwire a 3 socket module that was tucked under the dash by the glove compartment,
piggy backed with 3 way fuse adapter and it’s working. Thanks Barovelli

Old 05-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by kevkwas

piggy backed with 3 way fuse adapter and it’s working. Thanks Barovelli