Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   05 Monte Carlo front end roar (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/05-monte-carlo-front-end-roar-59705/)

Tblewis13 05-13-2018 03:20 PM

05 Monte Carlo front end roar

hello everyone. I have a 05 Monte Carlo lt with 128000 miles on it and it has developed a front end roar that feels like it’s coming from the drivers side. I changed both front wheel bearings and just rotated the tires and there is no change. Any suggestions as the what it could be would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much

Tblewis13 05-14-2018 05:58 PM

Anyone? I was thinking it could be a bad cv joint. Any thoughts?

drivernumber3 05-14-2018 06:45 PM

describe the roar a little better. :confused::thinking:
I have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent and I get a Roar from it when the thing gets hot. I believe it is the cooling fans.
Usually if you have a noise like a bearing it is a Squeak or a Squeal, some times a screechy sound or a wine can be a power steering pump that is low on fluid.
The tensioner on the serpentine belt will produce a nasty noise too. :confused:

Tblewis13 05-14-2018 06:54 PM

It’s a vibration that can be heard when driving it’s vehicle apeed specific not engine speed. I can kind of feel it in the drivers floorboard. I thought it may be wheelbeeeing so I changed them, I also rotated the tires with no change

SuperchargedMonte 05-14-2018 07:03 PM

How old are the tires? Do they look as if they are wearing evenly?

Tblewis13 05-14-2018 08:27 PM

I’m unsure of the age of the tires, I just recently bought the car, but they seem to be wearing evenly

Jeffs02rwdSS 05-14-2018 09:16 PM

If the axle is bad you might notice play if you grab it any try moving. When the joint is bad you'll usually hear a clicking when turning sharp.Another thing it could be is bearing /bushing in trans output shaft but usually would have a leak if really bad. Can check your transmission/motor mounts even worth checking the sway bar maybe its broke.

monte07 05-14-2018 09:53 PM

tires or one of the suspention piece like a bearing from the hub. I had to replace two of the rear hubs on a 06 and about to replace the front on the same vehicle the original owner probably thought hitting pot holes and speed bumps at speed were cool. the guy bought new tires and got replacement rims. because he noticed he had to put more weights on the rims when he got new tires. he heard the same thing it came from the rear and for comfort we are replacing the front hubs as well. because there is a howl style of sound still coming from some where no where near a vibration. we just want to get the dumb doubt things out of the way

drivernumber3 05-15-2018 07:36 AM

One thing you can do is put the Car up on Jack stands and Secure it.
Then start it up and put it in drive and go check the wheels and tires on the front as they spin.
You can then see if there is something off or not.:eek:
Could be the disc brakes grinding too. :confused:
If you do this be very careful that it won't come down off the Stands it will get away from you if it does. :nono:

Tblewis13 05-16-2018 10:54 AM

I checked the cv axles I found a bad on and changed it, it fixed a little clunk I had when putting it in gear but it still has the vibration. I was wondering if a bd transmission mount could cause it or maybe a bad control arm bushing?