Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Recap Super Chevy Show Tucson, AZ (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/recap-super-chevy-show-tucson-az-53088/)

tweek 05-04-2015 12:06 PM

Recap Super Chevy Show Tucson, AZ

Well what a weekend it was. Long and tiring but also fun. On saturday was kinda for me to sit back and look at all the cars and see what I would have to do to the car for sunday but there were a lot of REALLY nice cars there. There was a 66 Chevy van that when you opened up the doors there was a 428 twin turbo engine in there, it was an absolute sleeper no one expected that. Many cars that had LS series engines in it. A 66 chevelle with an LS3 in there that was real clean. As always there was a lot of Camero's met a real cool guy with a Bumblebee camero kept it stock probably one of the cleanest engine bays I have ever seen. But as for my Monte on Saturday I wasnt happy with it at all it just didnt seem up to the competition I am really picky about how my car looks mainly because its black. What was really cool about the show is the jet cars. The Jet car ran 5.805 everytime it ran there was something going on at the awards tent so I only got to hear it and see the time.

Sunday was much better. I put a fesh coat of wax on saturday night. When I arrived on sunday I used some detail spray which is also a spray wax and my car was on point it was looking better than it has been recently. The wax even did a good cover up on the oxidation on the hood. I almost painted the hood last week but then decieded not to mainly cause in a couple of months im getting the ram air hood anyway. I ended up winning the street class for monte carlos and one of the guys from super chevy said that my car had the deepest wet shine by far and was amazed at how clean it was and it being a daily driver, he said the only thing really holding it back is the oxidation I have. Like I told him I am the 4th owner of the car and he was shocked how good of condition it was. So I am proud of that I work long and hard work and I do most of my work by hand. Even though I own a rotary I dont use it as much. I never use it to wax as I think waxing by hand is better and leaves a better shine since if you apply by machine its real easy to buff off more wax than you want. I love the deep shine. I honestly do not think Super Chevy will be back in tucson next year. Sunday had less show cars. Corvettes were scarce for this event. Probably 8 on saturday and 1 on sunday. I think its due to the heat. I think if it comes back to az it will be in phoenix and believe it will be in the cooler months. I had a great time met some great people saw lots of awesome racing and lots of amazing cars. Glad Zippy told me how good of an event it is and I had the opportunity to go both days. I would highly recommend going to the show if you have the opportunity to.

P343 05-04-2015 12:29 PM

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!
Do they do these Super Chevy Shows all over the US?

tweek 05-04-2015 12:42 PM

Yes its like a 12 or 15 show tour. I cant remember exactly. Check out superchevyshow.com

P343 05-04-2015 12:53 PM

I went there just after I posted that and the closest to me is in a few weeks in MI and then down in TN a few months from now.

tweek 05-04-2015 01:38 PM

are you going to go to either?

P343 05-04-2015 01:47 PM

MI is too soon, it's in two weeks. Not sure I would have the money by then. Might try Bristol

P343 05-04-2015 01:48 PM

Actually I would rather go to the Monte Nationals but May finances are killing me. :(

ZIPPY02 05-04-2015 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by P343 (Post 660983)
Actually I would rather go to the Monte Nationals but May finances are killing me. :(

You could sell one of your daughters cars to finance the trip... :cool:

P343 05-04-2015 02:07 PM

LOL Or start a Go Fund me account...LOL

zjerry 05-04-2015 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by P343 (Post 660982)
MI is too soon, it's in two weeks. Not sure I would have the money by then. Might try Bristol

Maybe you can come down for the one at Gatway motorsports park.10/09/15 - 10/11/15 Madison, IL 62060