Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Northeast spring meet ideas? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/northeast-spring-meet-ideas-46094/)

Red Nightmare 12-05-2013 09:03 AM

Northeast May spring meet ideas?

Please put your input on any ideas you have for this spring..

Possible ideas:
Watkins glen
High point/Bear Mountain cruise May 10th
or
Pocono Racetrack meet/run May 3-4th - with LICOA & EMRA

^actual track run event with Eastern Motor Racing Association and Long Island Corvette Owners Association. I've talked to LICOA about a joint meet/event and they seem interested. This is actually a time trial event so you'll be able to put your car on the track and test it out! What is required for this event is a proper DOT helmet (I will let you know what type when I know) Long sleeve shirt and pants, close toed shoes. Everything must be properly tied down, aka battery and spare tire. And be smart and keep things in the trunk! Still in the works. May be able to get a really good group discount if enough participate.

Maybe a Englishtown meet?
Or Island Dragway
And maybe some love to us Long Islanders? :) There is a couple cruise spots out here..

Now we don't have to race our cars..I'll do a little research on things to do in the areas of each meets so its not just racing. (I'd like my car to drive home too!)

ChibiBlackSheep 12-05-2013 10:34 AM

I'm happy to see MAY :rotfl: because I probably won't take my Monte out until April.

Hopefully I'll have it put back together and finish the tune for the meets :thumbsup:

Leprechaun93 12-05-2013 01:41 PM

If I do a spring high point meet itll be may 10th. And gee Mike youll miss opening weekend at the glen. You should come in the camaro.

nitehawkjcb 12-05-2013 01:45 PM

Why must all the meets be so far away from me :(

ChibiBlackSheep 12-05-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 584489)
If I do a spring high point meet itll be may 10th. And gee Mike youll miss opening weekend at the glen. You should come in the camaro.

When is it? I just might :thumbsup:

Leprechaun93 12-05-2013 03:18 PM

April 12-13. I know devin will post the exact date when the nymcc guys make a decision.

Cant post a link from my phone as its not. Cooperating. But go to the glens website for more info.

ChibiBlackSheep 12-05-2013 03:32 PM

Sounds good, I'll try to look into it. :)

skylark65 12-05-2013 03:47 PM

i'd be cool with a high point meet, also should be able to make a pocono raceway meet.

just another idea, how about an island dragway meet? it's an easy drive for most of us, honestly probibly easyier than englishtown. very cool old 1/4 mile track, low entry fees, simple tech inspections. it's about 10 minutes outside hackettstown, nj where we could meet up & most of you guys could find lodging if you wanted... friday night is street legal grudge races :D

Island Dragway Online

^^ linky ^^

Leprechaun93 12-05-2013 08:02 PM

Looks fun Ryan, wonder if my car would pass inspection since I don't really have any mufflers, just a glasspack:rolleyes:

And Mike, here is the link. $25 gets you 3 supposedly paced laps:rotfl:

Opening Weekend - Watkins Glen International

MnteCrloSS47 12-05-2013 08:59 PM

I'll post about the glen as soon at the guys tell me what the schedule is. We usually go on Saturday and meet about 9am. Go to the track, do some laps. Go by the garage area for some pics, get some food. Then we usually split up. Usually i will go up to the lake with whoever wants to come for more pics.