Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Iowa Pull Yards (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/iowa-pull-yards-35181/)

zzapultimate 03-25-2012 01:04 PM

Iowa Pull Yards

Fellow Iowans, what pull yards are around here that you have been to? List some places you have been and your experience.

I've only been to Grab and Go in Spencer, IA. Great place. You bring your tools and pull your own parts. Good selection of w-bodies. Pretty good prices too.

What other yards are there?

01 Monte SS 03-25-2012 01:36 PM

I've been to Carney's here in Ames. Not a pull your own scrap yard but they always have almost everything directly from a Monte or if not they at least have a lot of other w-bodys. Fair prices as well.

zzapultimate 03-25-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 439768)
I've been to Carney's here in Ames. Not a pull your own scrap yard but they always have almost everything directly from a Monte or if not they at least have a lot of other w-bodys. Fair prices as well.

I've been meaning to go there. They have a rust free quarter panel I want. I said I would stop by there next time I was in Ames to check it out. My quarter needs replacing bad.

mairj40 03-25-2012 01:41 PM

I've been to U Pull A Part in Milan, Illinois. It's an alright place. It's a bit far from where you are though.

xxtheshockerxx 03-26-2012 09:57 PM

Wrench-n-go in Des Moines is supposed to be a really nice junk yard

zzapultimate 03-26-2012 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 440345)
Wrench-n-go in Des Moines is supposed to be a really nice junk yard

Do you pull your own parts there?

xxtheshockerxx 03-26-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate (Post 440378)
Do you pull your own parts there?

Yea i need to go there and get some lumina parts soon :rotfl:

SteveCZ28 06-03-2012 10:39 PM

there is a place called k's acres in cedar rapids, ia....pull your own part and good prices

Space 06-04-2012 06:10 AM

Hi `Justin & Member's,

Below is the link that I've used to find parts..I hope it helps someone..(Click below & type in your zip code) Good Luck

Junk Yards, Auto Recyclers, Salvage Yards
:rolleyes: Click above link

Our Junk Yard Directory helps you locate the best Salvage Yards in your area and around the country. Junk Yards have evolved into highly organized and professional facilities that produce quality recycled auto parts. YardQuest.com is your source for finding the best Automotive Recyclers that North America has to offer. Our Advanced Search features allow you to find Junk Yards that specialize in exactly the type of car and part you are looking for. Our Salvage Yard comments and ratings allow you to make a comfortable and informed decision when making your used part purchases. In short, YardQuest.com is your source for finding the best JunkYards, Salvage Yards, and Auto Recyclers.