Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Any MC or 3800 clubs around the chicagoland area? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/any-mc-3800-clubs-around-chicagoland-area-46116/)

ShadyMC03 12-07-2013 11:43 PM

Any MC or 3800 clubs around the chicagoland area?

Hey everyone. Just like the title says, I'm just wondering there's any Monte Carlo or 3800 clubs in Illinois. I'm in the south suburbs of Chicago but of course I don't mind driving, granted meet-ups aren't ridiculously far.

I was a part of club briefly when I had my Grand Prix but I stopped going because all they did was visit strip clubs. Lol. But really I'm just wanting to be a part of people who love thier ride just as much I do and want to show it off. I have a 2003 MC SS\NA that I plan on working on next summer once it gets a little warmer. But if thereis anything out there let me know. Thanks in advance.

The_Maniac 12-08-2013 01:05 PM

It's a little bit of a hike, but 06MistreSS here on MCF is starting a new Monte Club in Michigan. They now have a site Michigan Monte Carlo Club | Michigan and Great Lakes area Chevrolet Monte Carlo Club. Just prior to this club officially forming, I just attended a Monte Meet-n-Greet this past fall (which I am near Cleveland Ohio, it was about a 4 hour drive for me, but worth it to meet with other Monte fans).

06mistreSS 12-08-2013 03:43 PM

Yeah we've been holding Meets up here in Michigan for the past few years. So far they've mostly been in the Lansing area, since that seems to be centrally located for most of us Michigan members. Doesn't look terribly far for you so, if you're interested in attending a Meet sometime, the Meet information is posted on the Forum here in the "Meets & Gatherings" section so just keep your eyes open for it throughout the year.

jdmew 12-09-2013 01:55 AM

I'll be in the Chicagoland on the 24th of December to the 7th of January, I'm in the south suburbs also. I'm always up for a meet.

ShadyMC03 12-12-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 584823)
Yeah we've been holding Meets up here in Michigan for the past few years. So far they've mostly been in the Lansing area, since that seems to be centrally located for most of us Michigan members. Doesn't look terribly far for you so, if you're interested in attending a Meet sometime, the Meet information is posted on the Forum here in the "Meets & Gatherings" section so just keep your eyes open for it throughout the year.

That sounds good. Lansing is only about 30 minutes away from where I am now. I probably won't be around until it gets a bit warmer because I hate the cold. Plus I want to get a few more parts and upgrades for my Monte as well. It's lightly modded now and I don't want to show up almost stock. Lol. But thanks for the info.

06mistreSS 12-13-2013 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyMC03 (Post 585320)
That sounds good. Lansing is only about 30 minutes away from where I am now. I probably won't be around until it gets a bit warmer because I hate the cold. Plus I want to get a few more parts and upgrades for my Monte as well. It's lightly modded now and I don't want to show up almost stock. Lol. But thanks for the info.

Wait, you're near Lansing but it says you're located in Illinois?

The earliest we will probably get going with stuff is April but May for sure, so don't worry. Our spring Meet will be in May.

ShadyMC03 12-14-2013 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 585424)
Wait, you're near Lansing but it says you're located in Illinois?

The earliest we will probably get going with stuff is April but May for sure, so don't worry. Our spring Meet will be in May.

Oops, I misread in my excitement. There's a Lansing in Illinois as well that's 30 minutes away. Sorry :-)

I did see a 3800 meet up that's supposedly happening on June 14th in Royal Oak, Michigan that I know for sure I can make because I'll be able to time off from my job. I got an invite on Facebook and it looks to be pretty popular. That wouldn't happen to be you guys would it?

06mistreSS 12-14-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyMC03 (Post 585508)
Oops, I misread in my excitement. There's a I did see a 3800 meet up that's supposedly happening on June 14th in Royal Oak, Michigan that I know for sure I can make because I'll be able to time off from my job. I got an invite on Facebook and it looks to be pretty popular. That wouldn't happen to be you guys would it?

Yeah that's about 45 minutes from where I am but honestly I was leaning towards NOT attending that W-Body 3800 Meet this year. I attended the first one last year and it was geared highly toward Grand Prixs and, to tell the truth, I didn't really feel included in the overall gathering because of that.

AwesomeSS 12-14-2013 12:11 PM

As far as I know there are no 3800 clubs in the Chicagoland area - I'm up in Midwest Lake county.

Slugger088 12-17-2013 02:56 PM

The Chicago Area has the most Monte Carlos I have ever seen in any one area. Used to travel through there a lot and I used to see one at every intersection.