Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Michigan Ann Arbor MI Meet - 10/27/13 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/ann-arbor-mi-meet-10-27-13-a-45342/)

06mistreSS 10-06-2013 07:31 PM

Ann Arbor MI Meet - 10/27/13

I figured we would try to have one last Meet before the end of the season and before those of us that store cars do so. SE Michigan location at Gallup Park on the east side of Ann Arbor. 69 Acre park along the Huron River offering scenic walkways and some that traverse small islands. There are two playgrounds, picnic areas, grills, benches and picnic tables along the river and over three miles of trails throughout the park. I'm hoping this gives us an opportunity to discuss the Michigan Club formation in person, and I'm also hoping this gives those of you who missed our fall Meet a few weeks ago another opportunity to attend a Meet before the year is over. Please let me know if you plan to attend.

Bring food and/or drinks (no alcohol) as you wish and we can pot-luck style it again.

Directions: From US-23 take exit 39 Geddes Rd. and head west a little over one mile. Park entrance is the first left after Huron Pkwy.

Sunday, October 27th
10am-3pm

Gallup Park
3000 Fuller Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105

PLEASE ADVISE
-There's about a 250 ft. portion just inside the park's entrance that is being redone so that portion of road is down to gravel; take it slow and you'll be fine.
-We will be parking in the second parking lot into Gallup Park. Once entered follow the road and over the wood bridge (one car wide; over the river). The second parking lot is just after the bridge.

http://a0af776a7f85131ff7ab-626e60bd...on_River_1.jpg

List of those attending:
Casey (KCFITZ78)
Dave (STUMPMI)
Jason (Black06MonteSS)
Matt (06mistreSS)
Matt (Slugger088)

Tadcaster 10-07-2013 07:15 AM

Either date works for me Matt. I just have to find a sitter for mom

KCFITZ78 10-07-2013 08:32 AM

A Michigan meet??? A Michigan Club???.... and I live in Ohio!!! :rotfl:

No really... I would like to go but I am going to Columbus OH on Oct. 19th for the Ohio State Homecoming football game against Iowa. I will keep an eye on this thread if for some reason the date gets change to Oct. 26. I hope there is a great turnout for this meet.

:flag: THAT MEANS YOU "Michigan Monte Owners" .... get out there for the meet and greet!!! :flag:

Michigan does not play Penn State until 5pm that day so you can still go to the meet and see the entire game after!!!

STUMPMI 10-07-2013 08:37 AM

KC ....
Its a no Brainer....

Your ALWAYS welcome to join in the fun! and hangout etc....
Your already considered... As 1 of the Gang!:thumbsup:

I look forward to the next time we can all get together!
See ya soon!

Tadcaster 10-07-2013 08:43 AM

I will be there, Ronda may not, if we can't find a sitter for mom. We have a list, Ronda just needs to interview them.

This sounds like fun!

06mistreSS 10-07-2013 09:55 AM

Sounds good guys, and Casey thanks for your input! I'm hoping we get a good turnout as well. You also make a good point with the Michigan game.

I may bring my fishing gear and fish the river for the hell of it.

One thing about holding the Meet on the earlier of the two dates (Oct. 19th) is that we have a better chance of catching the fall colors before the trees drop it all. That's one reason I prefer the 19th. I've been to Gallup Park a few times but I'll make a stop there sometime this week to scope out the best area for us.

06mistreSS 10-08-2013 10:17 AM

I don't think I'm going to have a "pre-Meet" location set up unless some of you want to do that. I can say I'm probably going to grab a coffee on the way to the park in the morning anyway so those of you that want to meet up for that can join. I'll probably do Tim Horton's again (probably around 9am) so anyone that wants to do that let me know.

I was planning to get to the park a little early myself to try and reserve an area for us.

Trying to get Ashley to make it and bring her new 05 GTO; sounds like she will as long as her schedule works out.

Slugger088 10-08-2013 08:36 PM

Hey guys, been kinda busy since last week so I havent been on the forum much.

I am in of course, hopefully the weather holds.

Matt, i'm down for a pre-meet location as usual. So lets talk about that soon.

Cheers guys!

Did Ashley sell her Monte?
nooo

Tadcaster 10-09-2013 06:46 AM

No David she still has it... Lil Stinker has two hot cars now

STUMPMI 10-09-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Slugger088 (Post 575698)
Hey guys, been kinda busy since last week so I havent been on the forum much.

I am in of course, hopefully the weather holds.

Matt, i'm down for a pre-meet location as usual. So lets talk about that soon.

Cheers guys!

Did Ashley sell her Monte?
nooo

Matt: It will be good to see you!
Lets hope for sunny and 75 !:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Tadcaster (Post 575740)
No David she still has it... Lil Stinker has two hot cars now

Tad:
His name is Matt.:thumbsup::rotfl: