Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   ??? about maybe selling my monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/about-maybe-selling-my-monte-37792/)

ITAZ 07-17-2012 02:34 PM

??? about maybe selling my monte

I have a 2000 TAZ pace car. I am thinking about selling :( it but not sure how much it is worth. Has all the bells & whistles,plus tinted windows. My seat are red/black with check looking dash board. What do you think I could get at a chevy/gmc dealer??? It would be a trade.I love my car but we need a truck alot of times cause things do not fit in my car.

ChibiBlackSheep 07-17-2012 02:36 PM

Trade-in value at a dealership will not be that high.

What's the mileage?

I could see you getting about $4000 for the car, MAYBE $5000 if the right-buyer came along.

zjerry 07-17-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ITAZ (Post 478574)
I have a 2000 TAZ pace car. I am thinking about selling :( it but not sure how much it is worth. Has all the bells & whistles,plus tinted windows. My seat are red/black with check looking dash board. What do you think I could get at a chevy/gmc dealer??? It would be a trade.I love my car but we need a truck alot of times cause things do not fit in my car.

Dealer won't give you much on a trade..:(
Maybe you could try sell it yourself.?

BlackRainSS 07-17-2012 04:55 PM

Trade ins never net you much. If you have the time and don't mind taking the time so sell it that would be your best option.

The_Maniac 07-17-2012 06:04 PM

I agree, sell it yourself if the car is in decent shape. Find out what production number it is and the more collector stuff you have with it (like the certificate GM gave when it was new) the better.

I'm not saying it's a HUGE dollar value car, but selling it privately, you can find someone that recognizes it for it's uniqueness and might get a decent deal out of it.

ITAZ 07-17-2012 06:48 PM

Thank you for the help.
I have all the org paper work & number car it is. Miles is 73,545. I only have one car so if I sell need to get a car right away.I even have the letter that came with the car. Window sticker & someother things so that can help. I have a dealer who said was rare so I will bring to him fri to see what he says at least he knows it is rare.

DE02Carlo 07-17-2012 06:56 PM

I like the pace cars they seem to bring more on ebay than regular SS models. You might try that.

How many miles does it have?

lougreen03 07-17-2012 07:09 PM

Yeah obviously the dealer is gonna try to get it as low as possible. I would sell it yourself. It has pretty low miles for a 2000 and if its as clean as it looks in the pics you'll do ok.

03JGMonte 07-17-2012 07:16 PM

Dealer wont give u crap but they will sure ask a nice price when they try to sell it & if u need a truck id just go buy a beater truck thats cheap

The_Maniac 07-17-2012 08:35 PM

I think if the car is well maintained and you have all the paper work PLUS it's less then 80K miles, it should value more then $2000. I feel KBB.com has been CRAZY with their private party values, but scope KBB out BEFORE you go to the dealer. If the car is what you say, you should be able to score a value between fair and good (no car is ever excellent).