Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   2019 Chevrolet/GM Nationals - Carlisle, PA - June 21-22 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/2019-chevrolet-gm-nationals-carlisle-pa-june-21-22-a-60097/)

The_Maniac 08-24-2018 11:31 PM

2019 Chevrolet/GM Nationals - Carlisle, PA - June 21-22

Don't let the name fool you, this is still the GM Nationals and open to anything GM.

Details:
When: June 21 - June 22, 2019
Web Site: Carlisle GM Nationals - Collector Car Show and Swap Meet, Everything GM, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you register, under the heading GM Club, select MONTECARLOFORUM.COM. If we can get 25 people to use this club name, Carlisle Events will provide us a 20x20 tent at no extra cost!!

Note: Pre-registration ends on ???
Pre-Registration Web Page: GM Nationals (I checked the site and it's not ready for 2019 yet, be patient or call them to pre-register)

If you post that you are going, one of the MCF.com staff will add you to the list started below. This way we have an idea of who we can meet-n-greet with while we're there.

This is always a great time to meet-n-greet not just with fellow Monte owners, but other GM enthusiasts. Each year the group of people I meet seems to get larger and the fun only gets better. Rain or shine, it's always a great time!

Since some are not bringing a Monte, here is a list of real first name, screen name and what they are bringing:
Jason (The_Maniac) - Monte Carlo
Matt (the non-MCF.com Cadillac guy many on here have gotten to know and love) - Cadillac STS-V

Mike (ChibiBlackSheep) - Camaro
Michael (MAMONTE) - No Car, just spectating
John (Turbo Monte) - Corvette and his wife with a Cadillac CTS-V

Devin (MnteCarloSS47) - Monte Carlo
Keane (Leprechaun93) - Camaro
Amanda (SnakeBiteSS) - No Car/Impala has a transmission problem
Tim (Donutboy97) - Monte Carlo

Joe (Montess2k) - Monte Carlo??
Rob Peters - 1970 Monte

drivernumber3 08-25-2018 07:35 AM

Did you all share any photo's from the 2018 show?

From the photos I have seen of the previous GM nationals this would be a fun one to attend. Did you all share any photo's from the 2018 show?
However I am 1201 miles to Carlisle, PA.
Maybe if they had one of them In Omaha,NE or Des Monies,IA or St. Louis, MO sometime. Lol Just dreaming your know?!?!?!
The wife had a convention a few years back in Pittsburg, PA and that was a fun trip. I enjoyed the City of Pittsburg, we went to a Pirates Game and after the convention we went to Gettysburg and a few other places, Dayton, Ohio to the Air Force Museum and Indianapolis motor speedway too.
The one question I has always been on my mind though is I-80 goes across the USA and mostly in the east they charge a toll on a Federally supported hiway I wonder why they do that?

The_Maniac 08-26-2018 07:27 AM

This car show never changes locations. It's ran by a company called "Carlisle Events" who own the fair grounds where it's held.
Gregg drove his awesome Monte from Utah out to the show one year. As I recall, he has some stories about his travel!

You should bring your Monte some time. I have YET to see a 5th gen Monte show at this event!!!

ChibiBlackSheep 08-27-2018 08:12 AM

Look, I'm already on the list planning to go... but this might be the first year I'm not there with the Monte.

The_Maniac 08-27-2018 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 713829)
Look, I'm already on the list planning to go... but this might be the first year I'm not there with the Monte.

I figured it was safe to put you and MAMONTE on the list lol.
And that is just blasphemy not to take the Monte! lol.
I keep hoping you'll get your tuning worked out and perhaps I could get a joy ride in the Monte :)

06mistreSS 08-28-2018 07:49 AM

I would really love to make it one of these years. At least this year's Chevy/GM Nats is the weekend before Monte Nationals again but my issue is the ability to travel long distances, for two full weekend events, on back-to-back weekends. Carlisle is a 7.5 hour drive for me. I think as long as Monte Nats is in Piqua, less than 3 hours away, I'm committed to that. Jason, you're pretty much halfway between the two events.

And speaking of 5th Gens, there wasn't even one at Monte Nats this year or last year.

chifan 08-28-2018 11:14 AM

It's 925 miles each way for me. That's like 6 months worth of driving on my car, lol...... Don't think I'll be making that trek........

The_Maniac 08-28-2018 08:57 PM

The Monte Nats is a different weekend than the GM Nats..... Interesting.... And they are holding the Monte Nats in Piqua again? I'll give it some thought (I did the back to back trips a couple years ago).

06mistreSS 08-29-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 713864)
The Monte Nats is a different weekend than the GM Nats..... Interesting.... And they are holding the Monte Nats in Piqua again? I'll give it some thought (I did the back to back trips a couple years ago).

Yes check the events section on here for the thread I have for Monte Nats. It's the weekend of June 28-30, 2019 and, yes, it is in Piqua again. I will be there. I think the last time you were there was 2015 which was the year I didn't stay the whole weekend and just came down on Saturday.

turbo monte 09-02-2018 02:19 PM

We may return for gm nats in 2019, we didn't come in 2018. May bring the V to gm Nate and take the Vette to Corvette nats or just bring them both to gm nats lol