Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Ohio 2016 Monte Carlo Nationals - June 24-26 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/2016-monte-carlo-nationals-june-24-26-a-55177/)

06mistreSS 06-28-2016 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 691790)
Everyone's Montes looked fantastic that's for sure, congrats to the winners as there was a few from here that got recognized!

John, I agree - lots of great looking cars! I wasn't at the awards ceremony Sunday morning - can you or anyone here elaborate on those that won awards? I picked up mine last night (a friend of mine accepted on my behalf) but I don't know who else won or how many awards they handed out per class. Class 9, 04-07 SS, was tough this year, that's for sure!

Mels SS 06-28-2016 08:37 AM

So glad to finally was able to meet you John and Tim Awesome cars you guys have.

turbo monte 06-28-2016 08:16 PM

Thanks mel, glad to finally meet you also! Your car in pics does not do it justice that's for sure!

Matt: jason, you, the copper 07 conversion, and I believe the blue one beside you all got a award.

Mel also got one :)

The_Maniac 06-28-2016 08:49 PM

I keep checking to see if the winners list and pics have been posted to the website. Nothing yet.

06mistreSS 06-29-2016 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 691921)
I keep checking to see if the winners list and pics have been posted to the website. Nothing yet.

John just asked for pictures to be sent to him so I think it'll be a few weeks before awards/pics are posted. I hope to get my pictures uploaded today and possibly send him a copy by the end of this week.

I already booked my hotel room for next year. As of yesterday, it looked like there was somewhere near 30 rooms already booked for 2017. Since information for next year's Nationals is already known, I will get a thread started for that soon.

**Also, I believe this is very important and is worth mentioning for the future - I was talking with a friend of mine who is a staff member about membership/registration. (1) If you are NOT a dues paying member and show up the day of the show, you are able to become a member and register for and enter your car in the show (before 11 am), however (2) if you ARE a dues paying member and show up the day of the show, you are NOT able to register for and enter your car the show. That's something I believe isn't really made clear but that is how it's run so I will be sure to reiterate that in future Monte Carlo Nationals threads.

Mels SS 06-29-2016 03:22 PM

Thats very strange Matt. Make you go mmmmmmmmmmmm.

The_Maniac 06-29-2016 10:54 PM

Interesting info about day-of registration. So is it the weekend after Father's Day again next year?

06mistreSS 06-30-2016 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 691959)
So is it the weekend after Father's Day again next year?

It's June 23-25, 2017.